Capcom announces 'Street Fighter 6' and 'Capcom Fighting Collection'

sf 6.PNG

During the Capcom Pro Tour 2021 Season Final yesterday, Capcom announced the next installment in its fighting game series. Street Fighter 6 is said to be in "in development" and more details is said to be shared this summer. Capcom shared a teaser trailer for occasion:

The teaser trailer showcased a glimpse of the future of Street Fighter, as series mainstay Ryu locks horns with new challenger Luke. The 45th and final character in the Street Fighter V roster was teased to have a key role in the next Street Fighter project, which has now been confirmed.

The company also announced Capcom Fighting Collection, an anthology of 10 classic Capcom titles. These include two Darkstalkers games that previously never made their way out of Japan; making the full series officially available in the West. Moreover, each of the 10 titles in the collection has received quality of life updates such as online multiplayer and other enhanced features.

Capcom Fighting Collection will be released digitally on June 24 for PS4, Nintendo Switch, Steam and Xbox One.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

MadMakuFuuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
im not against the fighting collection... but is gonna be the same thing with other collections they released: is better to run (less or none at all) latency, more options for scale etc) on emulators, like always.

ps: how about mega man x9, uh capcom?

sley

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I suck at SF was always more of a Tekken guy myself but this is going to be the first proper fightning game for the current consoles so I hope we get some ingame footage soon.

soup1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

During the Capcom Pro Tour 2021 Season Final yesterday, Capcom announced the next installment in its fighting game series. Street Fighter 6 is said to be in "in development" and more details is said to be shared this summer. Capcom shared a teaser trailer for occasion:

The company also announced Capcom Fighting Collection, an anthology of 10 classic Capcom titles. These include two Darkstalkers games that previously never made their way out of Japan; making the full series officially available in the West. Moreover, each of the 10 titles in the collection has received quality of life updates such as online multiplayer and other enhanced features.

Capcom Fighting Collection will be released digitally on June 24 for PS4, Nintendo Switch, Steam and Xbox One.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

LETS GOOOOO

BLsquared

Game Programmer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's cool they're giving those old games the rollback online multiplayer. Nice job on their part.

But it's not a Mega Man announcement, so, well, not as hyped. Capcom has always been about Mega Man for me. Street Fighter is cool and all, but fighting games as a whole have needed an overhaul for quite a while, but Smash is the closest we've gotten to that. It's like JRPGs, where they just refuse to try new things.

Can we just get the MMBN collection already? Or an announcement for the new game supposedly in the works? Man.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capcom has forgotten that they have others franchises?
Every generation: Street Fighter and Resident evil!!!
No more,please!!!
They will keep milking them until they are no longer profitable to.

This was even the case with Dead Rising, which got milked so hard into the ground it was producing dust by the time the last entry came out. I feel bad for the team working on it too since they wanted to work on other properties or make new properties but Capcom on each and every instance just told them "No, you are the Dead Rising Studio, you make Dead Rising and nothing else". Only for the Vancouver team to be dissolved when the last game to fail to reach good grace and popularity.

Capcom is inept on every front when it comes to their properties, sitting on most of them and only pursuing the ones that have the most potential profitability. Chances are the next time we see any other game series revived for a modern market it will probably after Capcom gets bought out by another company and actually wants to use their other IP's.

Reactions: zebrone

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
im not against the fighting collection... but is gonna be the same thing with other collections they released: is better to run (less or none at all) latency, more options for scale etc) on emulators, like always.

ps: how about mega man x9, uh capcom?
It's dead like Protoman... or Zero... again...

Reactions: MadMakuFuuma

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smash is the closest
Eh, Smash is a great fighting game series, but the countless clones have kind of ruined it.

They're not even trying to do their own thing, it's just ripping off Smash with their own characters. No originality or creativity put into it.

Anyway, I'm excited for Tekken Tag 3 and hopefully Tekken x Street Fighter. :)

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All in for the capcom fighting collection. If you guys want a new darkstalkers or a new anything from this collection put your money where your mouth is and support this collection instead of saying you can run these games on a emulator for free.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All in for the capcom fighting collection. If you guys want a new darkstalkers or a new anything from this collection put your money where your mouth is and support this collection instead of saying you can run these games on a emulator for free.
I'm super hyped about it since it includes Cyberbots as I love robot fighting games and there are so few.

Wish Tech Romancer would be ported or remastered for modern consoles, too.

9kKpZAX.jpg

Reactions: cvskid

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was hoping they would show more stuff, but I'm happy with the announcement, I just hope it's still released for the old-gen, I won't be able to have a PS5 anytime soon.

Archolm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not gonna lie, i'm more excited for the collection than SF6.
All Darkstalkers games, Cyberbots getting home release outside japan, Red Earth finally getting it's first home port, Hyper SF2 Anniversary which has the 3DO soundtrack(hopefully!), and heck yeah, Super Gem Fighter AND Super Puzzle Fighter.
Rollback confirmed as well.
This is a day one purchase for sure.

Don't forget, this is all on a Switch cartridge, never no disk rot. I'm seriously considering the Switch now there are some definite gems there now.

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More pumped about the classic collection! I just don't care much for modern Street Fighter. But maybe that's just my millenial brain gradually turning boomer.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget, this is all on a Switch cartridge, never no disk rot. I'm seriously considering the Switch now there are some definite gems there now.
Well, except the eventual updates here and there.

Even updates are preserved so regardless of cartridges or discs, it can be downloaded.

sroemr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They still trying to kill off Street Fighter by making it a Playstation exclusive, or did they come to their senses yet?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1