Nintendo Switch Online adds Fighter’s History, Kirby’s Avalanche, and Daiva Story 6: Imperial of Nirsartia

Nintendo has added three new titles to its classic catalog for the Nintendo Switch Online service.

Two of the titles are for the SNES. First up is Kirby's Avalanche, a Puyo Puyo clone with Kirby dressing. The other SNES game is Fighter's History, a fighting game from 1993 most well-known as being the target of a copyright infringement lawsuit from Capcom, who claimed it was too similar to Street Fighter II. The court ruled against Capcom, however, believing that the copied elements were too general or integral to a fighting game to be covered by copyright.

The final title is Daiva Story 6: Imperial of Nirsartia, a Famicom game that has never been released outside of Japan before. Strangely, it doesn't appear to have been localized in any way, as the password input screen is still completely in Japanese. The English trailer helpfully provides you with a password that lets you skip any section that may be confusing to non-Japanese speakers and skip right to a side-scrolling mech battle. (The Japanese trailer provides a look at some of the different gameplay.)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The final title is Daiva Story 6: Imperial of Nirsartia, a Famicom game that has never been released outside of Japan before. Strangely, it doesn't appear to have been localized in any way, as the password input screen is still completely in Japanese. The English trailer helpfully provides you with a password that lets you skip any section that may be confusing to non-Japanese speakers and skip right to a side-scrolling mech battle. (The Japanese trailer provides a look at some of the different gameplay.)
That's just lazy. Nintendo is literally charging for this service and this is the lazy shit we get from it.

Last edited by The Catboy,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's the "cheap" tier, but the pricier one isn't much better either.

The problem also lies with the customers who happily accept it.
Even for the cheap tier, it's not really excusable. Nintendo just seems to be getting lazier over the years and its sad people are accepting that.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's just lazy. Nintendo is literally charging for this service and this is the lazy shit we from it.
Nothing new here, there are several puzzle games on the SNES app that are equally untranslated. (They've translated a Japanese only ROM before! They just decided to sell it separately and discontinued it after three months)
StarTropics for NES doesn't give you a code that's necessary for progression, you have to look it up online.
Mario Kart 64 doesn't let you save ghosts.
Par for the course, really.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's just lazy. Nintendo is literally charging for this service and this is the lazy shit we from it.
What do you expect, look at the console itself, littered with yet again old games.

Even nintendo cant be arsed anymore porting its old shit, then later charge you for dlc content that you would expect in a new game.

Take mario kart as a perfect example.

BOTW another that ended up been crapped out then later add content as dlc, but had that much planned they decided to make it into a new game.

Then they go do the same with pokemon, another pathetic attempt at open world gaming, then the feedback off what should be classed as a demo than a new title, they then crap out another game with everything that the game should have had in the first place.

They get away with this because its fans are devoted die hard sheep. They're happy to throw money at nintendo for old shit.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's shocking that we can't hold Nintendo to a higher standard with this service. It's unacceptable how poor it is.
Nintendo dropped their standards and adopted the arrogance of Western companies.

If Iwata was around he'd likely not allow Nintendo to be what they are now. He cared.

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even for the cheap tier, it's not really excusable. Nintendo just seems to be getting lazier over the years and its sad people are accepting that.
if you consider the family plan, its a lot cheaper for 8 people. I'm enjoying the NSO + EP 1 year for just $10 thanks to a friend who sold me their slot. I know many people dont know about the family plan or can take advantage of it but for sure you can buy a slot on ebay for the a cheaper price than what Nintendo is offering

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
if you consider the family plan, its a lot cheaper for 8 people. I'm enjoying the NSO + EP 1 year for just $10 thanks to a friend who sold me their slot. I know many people dont know about the family plan or can take advantage of it but for sure you can buy a slot on ebay for the a cheaper price than what Nintendo is offering
I just hacked my Switch instead. Paying Nintendo to drip-feed games to us just isn't worth the price tag.
What do you expect, look at the console itself, littered with yet again old games.
I actually like the old games but that's because Nintendo has been listing games that I used to own and were stolen. So like, I am good with that. I know other people aren't as thrilled but different strokes, different folks.

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hacked my Switch instead. Paying Nintendo to drip-feed games to us just isn't worth the price tag.
Power to you. Not many casual customers know about hacking the switch. Nintendo is just doing what any business would do. Get free money by providing a simple service. i don't really use NSO+EP much but I do appreciate the free DLC in it for the 3 games I do enjoy

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Power to you. Not many casual customers know about hacking the switch. Nintendo is just doing what any business would do. Get free money by providing a simple service. i don't really use NSO+EP much but I do appreciate the free DLC in it for the 3 games I do enjoy
I actually tried super hard to not hack my system and be a casual user. But when Nintendo decided to up their prices and sell a worse N64 emulator, I just couldn't do it anymore. I wish Nintendo was better, I miss when they gave even the slightest of a fuck.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never heard of Kirby's Avalanche.
Well if you haven't heard of Kirby's Avalanche (or Kirby Ghost trap in europe) it's LITERALLY Puyo Puyo... or Dr.Robotnik Mean bean machine. Which has like SEVEN Kinds of Puyo Puyo already available on the switch. Think of it as Tetris attack, or pokemon Puzzle league. It's originally called PANEL DE PON (which is also there) and the reason why they didn't put Tetris attack. It's the same game but with yoshi island characters and "Tetris" in the name. But it's Nothing related to tetris, and probably would have cause licensing issues. :ninja:
I actually like the old games but that's because Nintendo has been listing games that I used to own and were stolen.
Probably no one cares, but I also have to add that I think it may be a alternative to getting people to try games they never would have. I remember buying collections of games that had games I know i liked and enjoyed and stuff I never heard of before. Only to find something new to play. The low price for just trying them really help, and now I know games like Wario woods, Mario golf on nes, gunstar heroes, alien soldier, and other stuff.

I guess most people prefer the old virtual console where you can just buy a game and play it whenever. But I hardly bought virtual console games unless they was on sale which wasn't often. The stuff they had also was risky cause I didn't know enough about them like the turbo grafix 16 thing. Not being restricted to a subscription to play is better obviously. :ninja:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone