Capcom announces 'Street Fighter 6' and 'Capcom Fighting Collection'

sf 6.PNG

During the Capcom Pro Tour 2021 Season Final yesterday, Capcom announced the next installment in its fighting game series. Street Fighter 6 is said to be in "in development" and more details is said to be shared this summer. Capcom shared a teaser trailer for occasion:

The teaser trailer showcased a glimpse of the future of Street Fighter, as series mainstay Ryu locks horns with new challenger Luke. The 45th and final character in the Street Fighter V roster was teased to have a key role in the next Street Fighter project, which has now been confirmed.

The company also announced Capcom Fighting Collection, an anthology of 10 classic Capcom titles. These include two Darkstalkers games that previously never made their way out of Japan; making the full series officially available in the West. Moreover, each of the 10 titles in the collection has received quality of life updates such as online multiplayer and other enhanced features.

Capcom Fighting Collection will be released digitally on June 24 for PS4, Nintendo Switch, Steam and Xbox One.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

HippyJ3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
The people at the capcom headquarters must be on a high cocaine trip to come up with a logo design like that , looks like an uninspired 'meh', reminds me of a cryptocurrency logo, it might be a clue that your PS5 could secretly mine this cryptocurrency while playing the game, lolz!

I'll check this game again after 8 to 10 years once the hype chimpo edition has been released, not gonna touch this until then.

Reactions: Bobsy

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably a bad idea for any company with a lot of unused IPs to do a countdown timer. Hope leads to disappointment.

Street Fighter is big enough that it didn't need the additional hype anyway, and the disappointment about it not being some other IP probably actually hurt it.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy hell that's one fugly logo. It's like seeing you have 6 notifications.

The people at the capcom headquarters must be on a high cocaine trip to come up with a logo design like that , looks like an uninspired 'meh', reminds me of a cryptocurrency logo, it might be a clue that your PS5 could secretly mine this cryptocurrency while playing the game, lolz!

I'll check this game again after 8 to 10 years once the hype chimpo edition has been released, not gonna touch this until then.

I literally could have made that logo, using Gimp and Inkscape.

Someone tweeted that the logo is from the Adobe logo store and they just added a little 6 in the corner lol...

https://stock.adobe.com/images/sf-f.../422995611?prev_url=detail&asset_id=422995611

Reactions: AlexMCS

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought Capcom was the team behind The Simpsons Arcade (it really deserves to be available on modern systems), turns out it's the pachinko lovers. 😑

6eJ5KPj.jpg

Fingers crossed Dotemu makes a similar game to it, then.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A HD Remaster of Cyberbots and Tech Romancer with online play might happen. Well, if this sells well.
I would'nt get my hopes up but a remaster of Tech Romancer would be great.

Cyberbots though, I think this is the best we can get.
Rollback netcode online is good atleast.
I was surprised enough to see it in the last arcade collection, though it didnt have online play.

Hopefully they gauge fan reaction from the attention it gets and not only the sales.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would'nt get my hopes up but a remaster of Tech Romancer would be great.

Cyberbots though, I think this is the best we can get.
Rollback netcode online is good atleast.
I was surprised enough to see it in the last arcade collection, though it didnt have online play.

Hopefully they gauge fan reaction from the attention it gets and not only the sales.
I'm a fan of robot fighting games and this is a type (genre-ish?) that has always been very niche for some reason. Even Evangelion didn't get a "proper" game, the closest is the ZoE series.

I'd love a ZoE3, but rather not because I don't trust Konami anymore. They ruined Metal Gear Solid, Pro Evolution Soccer, Contra, Silent Hill, etc so don't want yet another victim.

Reactions: shadow1w2

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Probably should have added to a Megaman Collection at some point but they never ever do.
But they are fighting games and not platform games,it was only fair to put them here as they did for DarkStalker and all the sequels.

ImNotTails

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

During the Capcom Pro Tour 2021 Season Final yesterday, Capcom announced the next installment in its fighting game series. Street Fighter 6 is said to be in "in development" and more details is said to be shared this summer. Capcom shared a teaser trailer for occasion:

The company also announced Capcom Fighting Collection, an anthology of 10 classic Capcom titles. These include two Darkstalkers games that previously never made their way out of Japan; making the full series officially available in the West. Moreover, each of the 10 titles in the collection has received quality of life updates such as online multiplayer and other enhanced features.

Capcom Fighting Collection will be released digitally on June 24 for PS4, Nintendo Switch, Steam and Xbox One.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

street fighter is the new pringels

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: LMAO