Hacking New Update!

Did your main method of Hax break?

• Total voters

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a new 3ds on 10.3. I mainly use it to just play roms and use the save data manager. I currently use Ironhax but I can use oothax if need be.

Mt questions are:

Should I bother updating right now?
And if I do update,can I install the Homebrew again using oothax? Will this still alow me to make save back up for phyiscal Pokemon 6th Gen carts for save editing?

Thanks
Can anyone help me with my query please? ^^^

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thread is about the new 10.4 update and what broke....so why are there people in here asking if they should update?

I like to make a joke about these people but its already quite obvious that they don't want to read whats important and whats not, its really sad.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The thread is about the new 10.4 update and what broke....so why are there people in here asking if they should update?

I like to make a joke about these people but its already quite obvious that they don't want to read whats important and whats not, its really sad.

I think part of it is the smartphone/tablet 'revolution' (if you want to call it that) that has people being on the latest and "greatest" devices and firmwares all the time. I guess some figure it's the same deal here, when it's not.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not exactly necessary to set up oot3dhax, considering you have Cubic Ninja, though if you want a backup (and don't mind losing the ability to play the game) you could install it. you can also use menuhax.
You know if you downgrade you could just use gateway menu to dump the game, convert to a CIA and install.
Going to do this myself because browserhax kinda hates my SD card (I have to use a different one), my constant screwing with my 3ds always goes wrong, its really convenient to have a cartridge that you can just plug in and run, AND I love oot3d as a game.
Has someone figured out how to fit the payload and a save file on a cart?

Joeli53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There doesn't appear to be a way to update/patch titles without being on the latest system version, yeah? I tried this strategy of selecting "download later" in the eShop and letting my 3DS sleep at the HBL (https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/3zp6kd/ironfall_error/cynwk0d), but it doesn't seem to be working. I remember this method working for downloading Ironfall, but maybe it doesn't work for updates/patches.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There doesn't appear to be a way to update/patch titles without being on the latest system version, yeah? I tried this strategy of selecting "download later" in the eShop and letting my 3DS sleep at the HBL (https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/3zp6kd/ironfall_error/cynwk0d), but it doesn't seem to be working. I remember this method working for downloading Ironfall, but maybe it doesn't work for updates/patches.
you can still go to the eShop through hblauncher, and download game updates that way.

Joeli53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can still go to the eShop through hblauncher, and download game updates that way.

If I try "Download Now" while in the eShop via HBL, I get Error Code: 007-2920. If I try "Download Later" and letting it sleep either at the HBL or at the normal main menu, it never progresses the download.

Not a big deal, I guess. I just should've downloaded the patches while 10.3 was the latest.

Last edited by Joeli53,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I try "Download Now" while in the eShop via HBL, I get Error Code: 007-2920. If I try "Download Later" and letting it sleep either at the HBL or at the normal main menu, it never progresses the download.
are you sure you're using the "eShop" icon, and not the old version downloader?

Ace Koopa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to ask: does Ninjhax still work with this update? 'Cause I updated and can't seem to get it to work...

Kaneco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if the newest rxTools Nightly build or the new update (10.4 under Emunand+rxTools) was the culprit broke my GBA (even my legit ambassador ones that are my 'own') compatibility + 'some' DSiware games...I get error occurred, hold power button to shut off prompt on bottom screen.

Did anyone get any of these issues from either one of the new updates, or both? If so, if you know, how did you solve it?

Ace Koopa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go here and scroll all the way down to the otherapp portion of the page and choose the right payload for the correct firmware/3DS model.

https://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Do I download the otherapp or ropbin payloads (or both, just to be safe)? Can I use my phone to download them, or do I have to use my 3DS? Do the file(s) have to be placed at the root of the sd card, or is there somewhere else they must go? And should I do this BEFORE writing the exploit to my Cubic Ninja save, or doesn't that really matter? Because where I'm at now, I won't be able to use the internet for a while...

Also, the exploit seems to work just long enough to ask if I want to write it to my savegame, then hangs at the "the homemenu ropbin is ready" screen, before kicking me back to my homescreen with an error. I'm not sure whats going on...

Ace Koopa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, Ninjhax was working just fine (on FirmWare 10.3.0-28U) before I updated to the most recent (FW 10.4.0-29U)... Is it possible that the exploit has been patched out only on my 3DS alone? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work