Homebrew Nintendo releases 11.14.0-64

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
What do you mean by a mismatch? Do you think Nintendo purposely made that happen or was it unintentional?
I mean with "mismatch" to an error type caused by an inexactly memory access or code interpretation, because with new NATIVE_FIRM some internal memory adresses/pointers changed, afaik (I don't know the exactly terms or facts, but approximately it could be on that way).

If you want, check this commit of Luma's github (which error related to new version is fixed through a simple change on the source code):

https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/commit/94b5113b17a54d8595a0d2195f06b27bfd73ee79

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can't get NTR CFW to work on my 3ds for some reason. When I try to get NTR CFW, it will not finish because it encounters something and can't continue on. I only have Luma3ds.
Reason is practically the same that above. And about that, @PabloMK7 (one of the developers of BootNTR) has pronounced already:

Looks like the addresses have changed, so more research is needed. Also, with the latest ctrulib updates, bootntr selector is broken in many places, so this update will take longer to release...

I've found the proper addresses for 11.14 and ntr works properly on it. However as I previously mentioned updating bootntr selector will take some time as it needs to be updated to latest ctrulib. If you really need ntr streaming use that feature from the latest CTGP-7 version, as 11.14 support was added in v1.1.20 (including ntr stream).

Last edited by fmkid,

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So Luma reads what happens and if something isn't right, it causes an error?
Yeah, something like that. Luma is adjusted to work with the actual NATIVE_FIRM. Then a new change on that NATIVE_FIRM (for a new future system update) could eventually break the compatibility again, and just a code fixing could solve quite easiliy.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So did this update do anything useful or was it "Security, stability & were bored so lets fuck with the modders".

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So did this update do anything useful or was it "Security, stability & were bored so lets fuck with the modders".
  • For non-sceners (average-Joe users): no big changes, at all.
  • For sceners: BrowserHax 2020 was patched and NTR CFW compatibility was broken temporaly.
Update: NTR CFW (aka BootNTR Selector) was recently fixed with a new update (but a Luma special version is needed, afaik; normal one doesn't work with that):

https://github.com/Nanquitas/BootNTR/releases/tag/v2.13.4

Last edited by fmkid,

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
given more than it just an Cert update, that things like the Nintendo Zone was modified, im just betting the reason on the update was to prepare the system for EoL (disabling services etc,) since late September they offically declared the 3DS EoL (they even started purging mentions in all regions of thier site, you cant even get replacement batteries anymore etc.) so the changes likely went intentionally "Ohh lets fuck over modders one last time" as more.. " if this stops em *shrug* "

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
Trophies
XP
Country
France
huh? i'm on 11.14.0-46 and luma works for me i did the pichaxx method i tried installing boot9strap with frogtool and all that!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4