linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thak u for your reply!
I think that they should specify that alert message is only for US CONSOLES... the guide is misleading actually.
So I have to update my console to last firmware or there is a better way to mod from 11.14?
thanks again
You don't need 11.17 for anything. So I'm not really sure why people panic.

Chicco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Honestly my best bet is that this update is the start of a full-on banwave. Be prepared for a disaster.
:blush::blush::blush:
Post automatically merged:

You don't need 11.17 for anything. So I'm not really sure why people panic.
Sorry U mean I can hack without update console?
The first thing to do of the guide is update console to last firmware (so is 11.17 now).

Last edited by Chicco,

Chicco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah you can hack without updates
Post automatically merged:

Don't worry tho, the last banwave was 6 years ago, don't piss your pants yet.:(
I am not fear for banwave but if i cant mod my console after update!
The guide not say u can jump the first update like you.
I think the guide is write bad actually.
thanks anyway

AnonymUnbekannter14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys. The 11.17 update wouldn't be a big deal for me since my Old 3DS XL is already modded. But I noticed that online services still work on 11.16.0-49E. Well not all but in games they do. What also works is the friends list. Only the Eshop and data transfer requires an update. Games can now only be updated via CIA if you don't do the 11.17 update. Furthermore, on 11.16 even the Nintendo Network ID can be linked.
Übersetzt mit DeepL https://www.deepl.com/app/?utm_source=android&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=share-translation

caipora

cheese eating lactose intolerant
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
See this is what I'd like to understand. Who should not update? People that still don't have CFW right?? I assume everyone here has. What I'd like to understand is, you guys feel sorry for people who never installed CFW right??
From what i've read it would affect people who did not hacked into the console before, making them unable to do so, Nintendo patched everything. I don't know about people who had their consoles hacked already, but i wouldn't risk updating mine...

... If this update still was a threat, it seems that hackers already managed to make stuff work again lol Nintendo's intel is complete crap.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From what i've read it would affect people who did not hacked into the console before, making them unable to do so, Nintendo patched everything. I don't know about people who had their consoles hacked already, but i wouldn't risk updating mine...

... If this update still was a threat, it seems that hackers already managed to make stuff work again lol Nintendo's intel is complete crap.
Whats your source to when you say, everything? ntrboot and others still exist out there that arent touched

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know what was added in eShop version 50? v49 has fixed the typo in Nintendo's phone number.
That's a good question. As I mentioned, Mii Plaza was crashing when attempting to purchase DLC before. Was that fixed?

I'm also wondering about the Pokemon Transporter download page.

That1LoserGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo? why? why do you upload random, basically useless updates after you stop producing consoles, and digital game copies? is it your last breath of annoyance to the 3ds homebrew community? do you have a logical purpose, or is it just a way of attemping to ruin the hard work of a community who strive to make your console better without your permission? I would really love to know.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
nintendo? why? why do you upload random, basically useless updates after you stop producing consoles, and digital game copies? is it your last breath of annoyance to the 3ds homebrew community? do you have a logical purpose, or is it just a way of attemping to ruin the hard work of a community who strive to make your console better without your permission? I would really love to know.
Email then and ask? :P I would like to know the answer myself.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would really love to know.
Do you really? Or do you just want to ascribe imaginary motivations so you can pretend they're teh great satan or something?

They were clearly doing something in this update that had nothing to do with homebrew; otherwise there wouldn't be an eShop update. Conversely, if they really wanted to mess with homebrew, they could have done a lot more, considering they already managed to break Luma in the past. The update only broke the U-region otherapp payload and not the E-region or J-region versions. (J-region has been using the same otherapp since 11.7!) Or do you think they're just deliberately trying to sow confusion?

• Haha
Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste