Homebrew Nintendo releases 11.14.0-64

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Since BrowserHax-2020 won't work, do we need to come back to the Seedminer method for consoles with the new update? Or it won't work too? :huh:

Master @zoogie, what do we know about this? :)
The version table of 3dsguide shows that is again the official method to hack consoles with the latest version:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/get-started#version-table

Then, I would say yes.

How do we go about updating everything to the latest?

New 2DS XL
Running Luma3DS 10.2 with B9S 1.3

Do we update the official firmware and then update Luma by deleting the old file and replace with the new one?

TIA.
Yeah. Download the latest v10.2.1 from Luma's Github, unzip and copy (replace) the boot.firm file into the root of your SD card.

Or, just download, install and use the "Luma Updater"

Reactions: tfocosta

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
The version table of 3dsguide shows that is again the official method to hack consoles with the latest version:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/get-started#version-table

Then, I would say yes.

That makes sense, thank you for pointing that out. :)

On another note, should we update Luma first and then the console's firmware? Or it doesn't matter the order of doing things?

Reactions: defunct32

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
That makes sense, thank you for pointing that out. :)

On another note, should we update Luma first and then the console's firmware? Or it doesn't matter the order of doing things?
Normally, first update Luma, then the system version. But, anyway, it doesn't really matter (it's just to avoid the PM error appearence and be scared/afraid because that :teach:)

Hxtr

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So just to be sure, the latelest version of luma is v10.2.1 rigth?
When i install it, then i can update from the config. app normaly

gustavok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hello, a friend of mine updated and now can't use his console, does anyone know if there's a way to fix it? i didn't update bc ever since i got homebrew i've been scared of bricking the console, so i always wait to see if it is safe to update the firmware.

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
hello, a friend of mine updated and now can't use his console, does anyone know if there's a way to fix it? i didn't update bc ever since i got homebrew i've been scared of bricking the console, so i always wait to see if it is safe to update the firmware.
Please, read the above messages

Placeholder_Text

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So... Is it safe to update to the latest 3ds update or not? It's weird that Nintendo would release a update when they recently said that the 3ds was going to be discontinued.

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So... Is it safe to update to the latest 3ds update or not? It's weird that Nintendo would release a update when they recently said that the 3ds was going to be discontinued.
Yes, but first update Luma. And no, because BrowserHax 2020 (which was patched with the NEW version), in my opinion

PS: Are you actually using NTR CFW (aka BootNTR selector)?

Last edited by fmkid,

alvaro1996

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Could you please guys help me?
I have luna installed and my little brother updated my 3ds by mistake. Now even without the SD card when I try to turn on my console it shows a black screen with letters and the message "An exception ocurred" and "Press A to save the crash dump". If I do so it says "You can find the dump in the following file: CTRNAND: /luma/dumps/arm11/crash_dump_00000008.dmp" . Then it turns off, is there any way to fix it? :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just saw another person had kind of the same problem, and someone asked to read the messages above. I'm spanish and I struggle with the language and I don't know what messages refer to this. I'd be so thankful to get some help please :(

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.
Welcome to the 3DS Section. 1111smiley_emoticons_seb_zylinder.gif

Could you please guys help me?
I have luna installed and my little brother updated my 3ds by mistake. Now even without the SD card when I try to turn on my console it shows a black screen with letters and the message "An exception ocurred" and "Press A to save the crash dump". If I do so it says "You can find the dump in the following file: CTRNAND: /luma/dumps/arm11/crash_dump_00000008.dmp" . Then it turns off, is there any way to fix it? :(

I just saw another person had kind of the same problem, and someone asked to read the messages above. I'm spanish and I struggle with the language and I don't know what messages refer to this. I'd be so thankful to get some help please :(

Here is the Post you need to read please:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-releases-11-14-0-64.577351/page-2#post-9267920

Here is the Help you need please:
Download the latest v10.2.1 from Luma's Github, unzip and copy (replace) the boot.firm file into the root of your SD card.

Descargue la última versión v10.2.1 de Github de Luma, descomprima y copie (reemplace) el archivo boot.firm en la raíz de su tarjeta SD.

I hope,you understand it.:)

Good Luck
Thank you.:)

Reactions: peteruk and fmkid

Cr4shMyCar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve gotta wonder what made Nintendo push this out. The 3DS has been cracked wide open for years, was patching Browserhax really a priority? Or did some intern say “Hey, I wonder if I can fix an exploit” on a slow work day?

Placeholder_Text

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder why they would release an update to try to prevent people from hacking their 3ds and bricking hacked console. When Nintendo released an update to prevent hacking before, It didn't work because people like the the LumaTeam found a way to get around what Nintendo did each time.

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
wonder why they would release an update to try to prevent people from hacking their 3ds and bricking hacked console.
Error associated to the new update (ARM11 core 1 - pm error) is not even a brick. It's only a mismatch because the latest version of NATIVE_FIRM, that is relatively easy to solve by the Luma developers.

And, indeed, this isn't the first (and perharp nor the last) time that this kind of Luma error/mismatch occurs.

On the other hand, Nintendo has always the power to update the console system whenever they want, because is their proprietary software after all. And there was indeed at least a vulnerability that they could/should patch (and that is what any other tech company does normally through software updates for their devices).

Fortunately, they not patched yet the unSAFE_MODE vulnerabilty

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Placeholder_Text

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dont think nintendo cares what they do about updating their product. If they make changes that change the address values. they dont care.
What makes it cause an error then?

Yes, but first update Luma. And no, because BrowserHax 2020 (which was patched with the NEW version), in my opinion

PS: Are you actually using NTR CFW (aka BootNTR selector)?
I can't get NTR CFW to work on my 3ds for some reason. When I try to get NTR CFW, it will not finish because it encounters something and can't continue on. I only have Luma3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright