Did your main method of Hax break?

• Total voters

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to make a joke to Nintendo about the amount of stability updates that they have had, like if this thing was as unstable as a nuclear reactor beforehand, or if its stable enough to prevent one from a meltdown. (idk)

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The most important thing would be: Is memchunkhax2 patched? People will update, even if you warn then not to, the point is: Is the downgrade still possible for updated consoles? Probably not, but any confirmation yet?

That's the confirmation I'm waiting for. I've heard it isn't, but I have no good way to test. If the exploit is still usable, that means anyone who didn't already know and updated could go back down if menuhax is still usable.
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones–just transferred my system across to a 10.3 n3ds emunand less than 24 hours ago! Pity I can no longer use Pokebank for now (it's requiring the system update), but it's a small price to pay to finally have an up to date n3ds
Is there any working eshop spoofer for 10.4?
I have a N3DS, I'm using the homebrew launcher and I also have some CFWs.

Thx!
Which CFW are you using. I know at least a few properly support 10.4, and if you use that you won't need a spoofer.

razielleonhart

RazzyDee
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a gateway, cubic ninja, menu hax, web hax, and had ironfall.

systems i have

Zelda Majora's Mask 9.0 - Gateway only
Monster Hunter 4 9.2 - *thanks to the downgrade* gateway,menu hax, web hax and play online with my personal header
Gold o3ds Xl 9.2 - *thanks to the downgrade* test stuff
blue 2ds 9.2 - *thanks to the downgrade* sits alone in the dark and drinks

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Which CFW are you using? Most work on 10.4 so there is no need for a spoofer.
Which CFW are you using. I know at least a few properly support 10.4, and if you use that you won't need a spoofer.
Sorry I didn't make myself clear! Indeed I missed that part... it's late here, excuse me!

So, long story short:
I need to update my youtube app in my sysNAND.
Is there any spoofer or way I could do that?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I didn't make myself clear! Indeed I missed that part... it's late here, excuse me!

So, long story short:
I need to update my youtube app in my sysNAND.
Is there any spoofer or way I could do that?

Why would you need to use sysNAND. If you have emuNAND setup, you usually want to use that for most things, if not everything.
Besides that, what firmware is your sysNAND?

Joeli53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, there's so many threads and posts to dig through, so I'm just gonna ask my question and hope someone can answer:

I have a N3DS XL on 10.3 right now, with homemenuhax installed. No CFW or anything. All I want is to maintain my access to the homebrew launcher for emulators. I need to buy something from the eShop, but of course, I have to update to 10.4 first. Given that I don't plan on downgrading or installing a CFW, is it safe to update to 10.4 without losing menuhax?

pofer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, there's so many threads and posts to dig through, so I'm just gonna ask my question and hope someone can answer:

I have a N3DS XL on 10.3 right now, with homemenuhax installed. No CFW or anything. All I want is to maintain my access to the homebrew launcher for emulators. I need to buy something from the eShop, but of course, I have to update to 10.4 first. Given that I don't plan on downgrading or installing a CFW, is it safe to update to 10.4 without losing menuhax?
as far as everyone knows, Browserhax gets killed on the N3DS with the new update, so nope, don't upgrade just yet if you don't wanna lose it

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as far as everyone knows, Browserhax gets killed on the N3DS with the new update, so nope, don't upgrade just yet if you don't wanna lose it
not really. the version got updated though so the site probably just needs updating to detect it. https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/10.4.0-29
Old3DS/New3DS browserhax and menuhax were not fixed(the Old3DS browser wasn't even updated).
@Joeli53 if you really like emulators, then you should downgrade for CFW and you can have much faster emulators.

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a new 3ds on 10.3. I mainly use it to just play roms and use the save data manager. I currently use Ironhax but I can use oothax if need be.

Mt questions are:

Should I bother updating right now?
And if I do update,can I install the Homebrew again using oothax? Will this still alow me to make save back up for phyiscal Pokemon 6th Gen carts for save editing?

Thanks

Joeli53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not really. the version got updated though so the site probably just needs updating to detect it. https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/10.4.0-29

@Joeli53 if you really like emulators, then you should downgrade for CFW and you can have much faster emulators.

I'm too much of a wuss to downgrade :(

But, I have an opportunity to install ninjhax 2.5 on my 10.3 system. Is it true that Homebrew through this exploit would still be available after updating to 10.4?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm too much of a wuss to downgrade :(

But, I have an opportunity to install ninjhax 2.5 on my 10.3 system. Is it true that Homebrew through this exploit would still be available after updating to 10.4?
you can still use ninjhax with Cubic Ninja on 10.4.

you shouldn't really update though - Nintendo is doing some exploit mitigation now in 10.4 which is screwing with smealum's plans for hax 3.0. you can keep eShop access on 10.3

Reactions: Joeli53

Joeli53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can still use ninjhax with Cubic Ninja on 10.4.

you shouldn't really update though - Nintendo is doing some exploit mitigation now in 10.4 which is screwing with smealum's plans for hax 3.0. you can keep eShop access on 10.3
https://twitter.com/smealum/status/689689364213792768

Thanks. I feel so stupid. I forgot that you can access the eShop through the Homebrew menu. That said, is it possible (and recommended) to install multiple entrypoints/exploits? From what I've read about ninjhax 2.5 (https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2) and OoT3DHax (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-oot3dhax.396339), I would be able to follow the steps as I have menuhax and access to both carts.

Last edited by Joeli53,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I feel so stupid. I forgot that you can access the eShop through the Homebrew menu. That said, is it possible (and recommended) to install multiple entrypoints/exploits? From what I've read about ninjhax 2.5 (https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2) and OoT3DHax (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-oot3dhax.396339), I would be able to follow the steps as I have access to both carts.
it's not exactly necessary to set up oot3dhax, considering you have Cubic Ninja, though if you want a backup (and don't mind losing the ability to play the game) you could install it. you can also use menuhax.

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks. I feel so stupid. I forgot that you can access the eShop through the Homebrew menu. That said, is it possible (and recommended) to install multiple entrypoints/exploits? From what I've read about ninjhax 2.5 (https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2) and OoT3DHax (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-oot3dhax.396339), I would be able to follow the steps as I have menuhax and access to both carts.
Now that you mentioned accessing eshop trhough homebrew menu, let me ask you.
Can you still do that?
I'm running 9.0.0-20U and yesterday when I attempted to access the eshop it failed.

Thx!

EDIT:
Oh! Nevermind!
I must have been a glitch or something. I just tried now and it worked! :S

Last edited by mvmiranda,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone