ROM Hack New super mario bros deluxe!

skroooagh

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know anything about NSMB hacking (obviously) but would it be possible to bump the number of gold coins to 5 and then add them to the levels in the same places as SMB Deluxe on GBC? I guess it's impossible to make the gold coins appear from item boxes and the like but maybe it's possible to just add the red coins from SMB Deluxe and give them the same flags or whatever, I don't know...

Also, have you thought about adding a toggle for new features in the options menu? Like, being able to toggle on/off features like triple jump, wall jump, carrying springs/shells/etc? That way people can go totally old-school if they want.

Finally, will there be Mega Mushrooms? Might be fun to totally destroy the classic stages, hehehe.

Taik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
skroooagh said:
I don't know anything about NSMB hacking (obviously) but would it be possible to bump the number of gold coins to 5 and then add them to the levels in the same places as SMB Deluxe on GBC? I guess it's impossible to make the gold coins appear from item boxes and the like but maybe it's possible to just add the red coins from SMB Deluxe and give them the same flags or whatever, I don't know...

Also, have you thought about adding a toggle for new features in the options menu? Like, being able to toggle on/off features like triple jump, wall jump, carrying springs/shells/etc? That way people can go totally old-school if they want.

Finally, will there be Mega Mushrooms? Might be fun to totally destroy the classic stages, hehehe.

I don't think it's possible to add more coins or options etc...

This would require a LOT of code and hack etc... and since they use Treeki's editor I doubt it's possible

As for the mega mushroom, i don't know =D

gridatttack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
@Taik: No. Its missing its beta testing phase an revising the levels to secure there is not any mistakes.

@Skroooagh: Only the mega mushroom will be. All the other features you mention, no.

Missing Number

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sweet set o Projektz these NEW New Super Mario Bros. are...... but what of multiplayer?

am i the only person cheezed on how nintendo took out the multiplayer co-op and then put it on the wii and said NEW AND REVOLUTIONARY BRAND NEW etc. etc. even though it was originally supposed to be for this game right HERE?

i was wondering if you guys was considering continuing NSMB hacking after this project is complete?

cuz i was thinking.... what can we do with the 2 player mode? is it possible to do all these levels in the 2player game? or mod the game somehow to treat the 1-player mode as 2-player? or something?

the way i see it, a 2-player Super Mario Bros. 1 would rock a billion times more

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking forward to this one big time, it looks -very- well made!

Good luck
smile.gif

Stiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow. This looks fanboytastic. Hopefully I'll beat NSMB wii just in time to start up this awesome looking remake....

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hey Gridattack if you want help with anything, i could help ! i've made custom stages more than once before!

Missing Number said:
cuz i was thinking.... what can we do with the 2 player mode? is it possible to do all these levels in the 2player game? or mod the game somehow to treat the 1-player mode as 2-player? or something?

There is a Way to do this (although limited to having only 6 or 8 levels instead) , and i have personally accomplished doing so! doesnt work with Download Play though!

this is real easy, with treeki's level editor, just copy the normal stages to the VS. Stages! but this will result in some errors, like for instance you wont BOTH be able to hang on the end-of level flag, thats one, the 2nd is that the stage will just keep repeating it self and forces you to compete just as intended by ninty

Taik said:
QUOTE(skroooagh @ Dec 21 2009, 04:12 PM) I don't know anything about NSMB hacking (obviously) but would it be possible to bump the number of gold coins to 5 and then add them to the levels in the same places as SMB Deluxe on GBC? I guess it's impossible to make the gold coins appear from item boxes and the like but maybe it's possible to just add the red coins from SMB Deluxe and give them the same flags or whatever, I don't know...

I don't think it's possible to add more coins or options etc...

This would require a LOT of code and hack etc... and since they use Treeki's editor I doubt it's possible

More options are not possible, BUT more coins are possible, quite easy to do too! but if you're talking about golden star Coins then... it's possible but it's likely to not appear or cause an error or crash the game etc. making the Golden Star Coins disappear however is easy

gridatttack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
jceggbert5 said:
How did you make the piranha plants so persistent? (like the red ones in SMB:LL)???????

(edit:typo)

Well I never made them, nor I think its possible to make them. Only the upside down piranha plants are persistent,

Missing Number

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Range-TE said:
Hey Gridattack if you want help with anything, i could help ! i've made custom stages more than once before!

Missing Number said:

There is a Way to do this (although limited to having only 6 or 8 levels instead) , and i have personally accomplished doing so! doesnt work with Download Play though!

this is real easy, with treeki's level editor, just copy the normal stages to the VS. Stages! but this will result in some errors, like for instance you wont BOTH be able to hang on the end-of level flag, thats one, the 2nd is that the stage will just keep repeating it self and forces you to compete just as intended by ninty

hmmm thats interesting, maybe u should release a 2-player version then, if you have done it, and possibly a 2-player version of this hack too, if at all possible that is

maybe someone might be able to find a way to trigger the 2nd stage when the flag is captured somehow? doesn't seem to difficult to make the Flag = Victory, it could probably even be done with a simple AR code

i wish this game got as much attention as the pokemon translations lol, there would be so much done already!

Range-TE if u do the 2-player thing, i think that it could start a 2-player hack revolution, where people make a buncha vs stages with challenging gaps and traps and all

but really.... WHY Nintendo WHY!?? why in the world did they do this? taking away a multiplayer co-op just to bring it to the wii? i'd still love the wii version's 4 player even if they already released the ds with 2, its not like its earned them any extra money, so why did they do it? the 2 players dont even need to be in the screen in the ds version it could be a bit more like a race to the finish like Sonic Advance's multiplayer

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
solarsaturn9 said:
The old style graphics look stupid mixed in with the new style graphics...
GTFO lol
The old style graphics with the current resolution look awesome.

It looks like the Super Mario Bros. version of what I've always wanted for the original Legend of Zelda... a remake of LoZ using Link to the Past's graphics (The BS Zelda's come close, but they're too different IMO).

gridatttack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
solarsaturn9 said:
The old style graphics look stupid mixed in with the new style graphics...

So super mario allstar look stupid too? =P
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: world 8 is almost finished, world 7 part 2 video coming soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo