Best Super Mario Bros 1 and Super Mario World romhacks?

Vetusomaru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There are so many romhacks for Super Mario Bros 1 and Super Mario World that's it's just. Just one of the downloads packs I've downloaded from Archive.org it has over 2.800 romhacks for Super Mario Bros 1 alone. So my question is: Which are the best Super Mario Bros 1 and Super Mario World romhacks? And if it's not against the forum's rules can you post any download links for the best romhacks for these games?

N10A

Her stare burns...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably my favorite SMW hack of all time would be `the.smc or "Coronation Day" as it is also know as. Very different from your standard hacks, but a fantastic horror hack: https://www.smwcentral.net/?a=details&id=13017&p=section
Mario's Mystery Meat is another great hack in terms of technical achievements in SMW ASM patching, meme fueled insanity aside: https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=23290
If you just want fun level packs to run through just pick up any of the VLDC hacks, they usually have a lot of variety in design and are good quality.

Kraken_X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually go onto smwcentral and look for hacks that are normal/hard difficulty and have more than 20 exits. I also like custom music so I'll look for that tag. Then I'll look at the ratings and comments. I'll download like 5-10 at a time and then if I don't like the one I'm playing I will swap to another hack. If I like one a lot, I'll look up the creator and get more from them.

I'm terrified that smwcentral will get taken down even though it's 100% legal, not because the hacks will be lost, but because downloading a pack with thousands of unorganized hacks in it makes it effectively useless because there is no way to tell which are trash and which are top-tier. So many amazing resources there for making hacks too.

Side note: the hacks people have mentioned are amazing.

N10A

Her stare burns...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually go onto smwcentral and look for hacks that are normal/hard difficulty and have more than 20 exits. I also like custom music so I'll look for that tag. Then I'll look at the ratings and comments. I'll download like 5-10 at a time and then if I don't like the one I'm playing I will swap to another hack. If I like one a lot, I'll look up the creator and get more from them.

I'm terrified that smwcentral will get taken down even though it's 100% legal, not because the hacks will be lost, but because downloading a pack with thousands of unorganized hacks in it makes it effectively useless because there is no way to tell which are trash and which are top-tier. So many amazing resources there for making hacks too.

Side note: the hacks people have mentioned are amazing.
probably worth going through every now and then and uploading pages to the way back machine. There are other methods of archiving site data offline as well, I doubt that smwcentral would take up that much disk space tbh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto