ROM Hack New super mario bros deluxe!

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the 8-bit style of the bottom screen but the color scheme is blinding.

Hyped up for the new release though.

SKJmin

Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
About the bottom screen I know...some people seem to not like it and some people do like it.
I decided to go for the 8bit style of the games.

Also lol some people just zoom past the title and stuff. ;)

Also im finished with everything. Just testing and making the video is left. However im still not sure about the level slots.

I switched to cram in all the SMB1 and LL in packs of four, leaving till the end the special worlds, but I think I will change this. Oh and I did use the ABC and GH slots for regular levels, so if you are going to use those slots for custom areas, you might need to cram more levels onto regular slots.
"just" testing xD
Dude, it took me 2 months to test everything :)
You know a lot of people cheat (especially the unlimited jump and use mega mario all the time) and , use turtle shell or mini mario glitches... the list is very very long...

I'm not sure If I want to add the A-B-C-D worlds too...
But definetely not world 9.... to many enemies in the water (= package of glitches)

gridatttack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
I like the 8-bit style of the bottom screen but the color scheme is blinding.

Hyped up for the new release though.

Yep sorry for that. Its the contrast. I used the original 8 bit graphics. So you can lower the brightness on a DS (and I think in an emulator too)

"just" testing xD
Dude, it took me 2 months to test everything :)
You know a lot of people cheat (especially the unlimited jump and use mega mario all the time) and , use turtle shell or mini mario glitches... the list is very very long...

I'm not sure If I want to add the A-B-C-D worlds too...
But definetely not world 9.... to many enemies in the water (= package of glitches)

Well, I just actually want to test that all coins are gettable, midwaypoints work, and they arent any other minor glitches. Everytime I added a custom area, I tested it, so testing those points i mentioned only took 3 days (with distractions) so now maybe it will took only 1 or 2 days.

Also yes...its a shame that people uses glitches, cheats and stuff, but that would be at the decision of the player if they want to enjoy the hack at all. (and the use the mega mario thing is kinda not necessary. I have made some areas unreachable by mega mario and the levels are edited to make some pipes unbreakable because they are used)

Also, the A-B-C-D worlds kinda resemble existing levels. Like C-3, its the same as 7-3 but just with an unseless lakitu.

And world 9 doesn't work well because lakitu doesn't throw spinies underwater because NSMB handles the spinies in an odd fashion.

gridatttack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
So I just finished testing the parts that are important IMO.

I tested:
-that all starcoins were collectable.
-Progress path on how much of the level is left is matching the actual level.
-Midway/checkpoint entrances work on all levels that have them.

All of them works and I fixed some miscellaneous stuff.

What is basically left to do is make the final trailer. I will begin tomorrow to do it.
And maybe tidy up some areas too.

After that, ill make the thread of the full release of the hack ;)

EDIT: go here for the release thread!
http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-new-super-mario-bros-deluxe-remake-of-smb1-tll-extras.339038/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto