OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
with nesds ex out, goodnes has been updated, etc... i was wondering if anyone wanted to revisit this listing with a full set of testing?

its a long project to undertake but perhaps a team could be created to tackle it over a few month period. i think an updated list for the updated emu would benefit the community.

-another world

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nesDS 0.40b is out (EX/ORG seems to be 'dropped' and fixes merged back into the original build).

Also I think it might be better as a Wiki where users can edit/update it as they have the time. And I think different versions of the same game should be ignored unless you can do 'folding' entries, example:
Code:
ÂÂÂÂGame NameÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ StatusÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂNotes
ÂÂÂÂAdventures of Lolo (J)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂUNPLAYABLEÂÂÂÂÂÂgfx glitch on level 1, can't be played
[+] Adventures of Lolo (U)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂUNPLAYABLEÂÂÂÂÂÂLoads Fine, main sprite trapped in wall
Code:
ÂÂÂÂGame NameÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ StatusÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂNotes
ÂÂÂÂAdventures of Lolo (J)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂUNPLAYABLEÂÂÂÂÂÂgfx glitch on level 1, can't be played
[-] Adventures of Lolo (U)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂUNPLAYABLEÂÂÂÂÂÂloads fine, main sprite trapped in wall on level 1, can't be played
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂAdventures of Lolo 2 (U) [b1]ÂÂ UNPLAYABLEÂÂÂÂÂÂloads fine, main sprite trapped in wall on level 1, can't be played
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂAdventures of Lolo 2 (U) [b2]ÂÂ UNPLAYABLEÂÂÂÂÂÂgfx glitch on load, can't be played
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂAdventures of Lolo 2 (U) [b3]ÂÂ UNPLAYABLEÂÂÂÂÂÂloads fine, main sprite trapped in wall on level 1, can't be played
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂAdventures of Lolo 2 (U) [o1]ÂÂ UNPLAYABLEÂÂÂÂÂÂloads fine, main sprite trapped in wall on level 1, can't be played
(Though from what I hear, Adventures of Lolo 2 is fixed now...)

D

Deleted-236924

Fishaman P said:
Wow, Another World. Didn't know you had 703 NES cartridges.
Pretty sure it's just a list of NES roms that have been tested on nesDS.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
Fishaman P said:
Wow, Another World. Didn't know you had 703 NES cartridges.
Pretty sure it's just a list of NES roms that have been tested on nesDS.

Are you serious? A fine man such as Another World does not stoop down to piracy (which the temp frowns upon). He simply bought a NES-to-PC dumper and dumped all 703 of his games
biggrin.gif

as for the actual testing, I don't believe any games have been broken from earlier nesds builds besides punchout's GFX (fixed in one unofficial NESDS), but some still don't work.

Just to add something in, Namco Star Wars (J) runs perfectly, and this is the first version of NESDS anything to do it.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
personuser said:
piracy (which the temp frowns upon)
Since when did the 'Temp frown upon piracy? GBAtemp has always allowed free discussion about piracy and pirated games.
If the 'Temp really frowned upon piracy, the various scene release sections wouldn't even be there. How would it make sense to frontpage pirated releases if it was frowned upon?

People get the wrong idea from the rules. The reason that GBAtemp doesn't allow ROMs/ISOs/WADs to be posted is to avoid legal troubles. FYI, GBAtemp used to be a ROM site itself, until they decided to cover themselves. In fact, if you dissect the name of the site, you get 'GBA' and 'temp'. 'Game Boy Advance' and 'temporary'. Why? Because the site used to host the newest GBA ROMS temporarily. I think I recall reading something about GBAtemp having to constantly switch hosts because of the ROMs.

Yeah, I'm done here.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
personuser said:
piracy (which the temp frowns upon)
Since when did the 'Temp frown upon piracy? GBAtemp has always allowed free discussion about piracy and pirated games.
If the 'Temp really frowned upon piracy, the various scene release sections wouldn't even be there. How would it make sense to frontpage pirated releases if it was frowned upon?

People get the wrong idea from the rules. The reason that GBAtemp doesn't allow ROMs/ISOs/WADs to be posted is to avoid legal troubles. FYI, GBAtemp used to be a ROM site itself, until they decided to cover themselves. In fact, if you dissect the name of the site, you get 'GBA' and 'temp'. 'Game Boy Advance' and 'temporary'. Why? Because the site used to host the newest GBA ROMS temporarily. I think I recall reading something about GBAtemp having to constantly switch hosts because of the ROMs.

Yeah, I'm done here.

ah, allright
tongue.gif
I do think most just think that its best not to talk piracy here.

player1244

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Most of the pirated ROMs do not work on nesDS, not even the new version (with pirated I mean the 100-in-1 carts and the carts with ROM hacks in it etc.).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ NIntendo pretty much has to release a new console by next year in order to keep making moneys imo
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ninty can still make money filing false DMCAs.
    +1
    they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid prime 4 to the next console because by now it has been quite a while and there's no release date scheduled yet
    lol there's a guy selling mig switch in usa on ebay for $200/ea he's definitely going to get nailed with dmca by tomorrow
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Wasn't Metroid Prime 4 teased all the way back in 2017? For the switch no less?
    :rofl2:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Pretty sure anyone buying the switch just for that got duped
    for $200? rofl.
    well as far as metroid prime 4 is concerned, the next system probably is similar enough to the current gen they can probably easily just slap it onto a next gen cart and call it good :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The switch was about 350 in 2017
  • Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0:
    mabe where you live
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima took the stage at the outset to reveal that Switch will launch globally on March 3, 2017 for $299.99—earlier than some had expected at the price many suspected. https://time.com/4632820/nintendo-switch-nx/
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The NES launched at like 250 and the rob and light gun kit was like 350 or something
    I was near the test market for the NES and man did it make my 2600 look like ass lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory
    next system rumored to launch at $400
    but I don't really believe any rumors yet
    need to have official info from N
    The 3DO and Neo Geo where like 700 bucks hmm the PS3 was stupid expensive at launch lol
    But at least the PS3 was only 500 for the cheapest one at launch
    My opinion is that 199.99 is the sweet spot but that spot is long gone lol
    Just played some Micheal Jackson Moonwalker.... Those poor parents trying desperately to protect their children
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    400 is a decent sweet spot if we get enough out of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how it was when we were locked down to a few options and that's it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's not like how it was when we were locked down to a few options and that's it