Homebrew nesDS compatibility list

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Topfragger said:
Uh there IS no other version anywhere on the net, Unless you want Mariobros.NES which is actually a rom thats been hacked with a shitty underwater level that ends the game at the end.

Did you even read what I said? It's a bad dump of the game, not a hacked one. Some register doesn't get initialized correctly by this bad dump, which NES DS correctly emulates and brings you to world 0-1, which is an underwater level that never ends. As I said in my previous post, this is easily fixable. Just hold A before you press Start to begin at world 1-1 like normal. Or find a good dump.

QUOTE said:
the European version is the only working ROM in existence as far as knowledge is concerned.
Your knowledge maybe, but not to everyone else's. There are good working (JU) versions of the game.

Every ROM site on the net except one gives you Mariobros.NES under Super Mario Bros
which is the hacked rom thats full of shit, only one site had a proper rom that was Super Mario Bros1.NES
Because you've gone to EVERY rom site on the Internet and tested every rom download. Of course. Again, there ARE GOOD DUMPS OF THE GAME. Just because you can't find them doesn't mean they don't exist. The bad dump is more common, I'll give you that, but it's still not impossible to find the good one.

Hint: look into the phrase "goodset" if you want to guarantee you'll get a good copy. Of course you'll get 10+ bad ones and 50+ fan-made hacks as well, but that's beside the point.

Topfragger

Trophies
XP
Country
It's not a bad dump and has nothing to do with NESDS because it runs the same way for every game,
its a hacked rom that almost every rom site on the net stores for download.

Mario.NES is pure shit.
and theres only so many romsites i will goto because allot of them actually do all they can to install viruses on your system while your there.

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
Another World, how much of Castlevania 3 have you played? Some of the enemy sprites (such as bats) are not visible, and while it doesn't make the game unplayable it does make it much harder when you can't see what to whip. I think it should be put on the not working list, or at least have a note attached.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Topfragger said:
It's not a bad dump and has nothing to do with NESDS because it runs the same way for every game,
its a hacked rom that almost every rom site on the net stores for download.

Mario.NES is pure shit.
and theres only so many romsites i will goto because allot of them actually do all they can to install viruses on your system while your there.
It just occurred to me last night as I was drifting off to sleep that I have been the victim of a successful troll. Congratulations sir, you got me.

Have fun with your "hacked" rom. I'll be over here playing the game the normal way, at regular speed, starting at world 1-1 like usual.

Topfragger

Trophies
XP
Country
Did it occur to yourself last night that you are a ignorant retard and retard is appropriate here because your acting excessively SLOW

If the rom was corrupted it would have either not run at all, or had sever graphical glitches, corrupt roms do not randomly generate new fucked up levels.
someone hacked the rom made the game into one shitty level with the final boss bridge at the end to kill the game, and then claim its really mario and gets adopted by Rom site uploads who are too busy to test it, and so someone has succeeded in pulling off a pointless and annoying prank.

Romhustler
Theoldcomputer
Coolrom
Romworld
etc they all basically have the same file.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Great work, AnotherWorld...stickied!
smile.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
ViRGE said:
Another World, how much of Castlevania 3 have you played? Some of the enemy sprites (such as bats) are not visible, and while it doesn't make the game unplayable it does make it much harder when you can't see what to whip. I think it should be put on the not working list, or at least have a note attached.

i didn't get to play much of it. the entire list took over 3 months and most roms were just booted and tested. i am currently playing through a ton of games and i already have a hand written chicken scratch listing of problems to add to the list. i want in time to make it as complete as possible but i also want to move onto other compatibility projects (neoDS, SMSAdvance, etc). so as i will be updating the list it will happen over the next few years, not all at once as i just don't have the time to do something like that again.

i would like to go back and list every problem with every game in quick detail. i would also like to list problems with alternate dumps for working games. some talk with dwedit has helped me to understand some vram issues with nesds and has additionally made me want to update my list. finally when all that is done i would very much like to find someone fluent in japanese to add all of the japanese games to the list so it is complete. these are my goals and in time they will happen. the list has been posted on the pocketheavenwiki so i hope others respond with the missing games from the list. i sort of wish i had compiled a list of the missing games and the reason so others could update it, but i didn't think about that at the time.

where in castlevania 3 did you have problems? i'll try to play to that point and check it out for myself.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
topfragger: the version tested (and listed) has been played through without warping and played perfectly. if you still have issue with this send loopy and e-mail and ask very kindly for him to do an update. i already know he won't so perhaps you can work at trying to persuade dwedit to port the new version of pocketnes over to the slot1... which he has mentioned in the past.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
SleepingDragon said:
Holy shit, when did you have time to eat or sleep?

Thanks for the research.

i was between life choices after i lost 5 family members to various things during last year. i wanted to bury my head in something so i picked this as a project and then when finally done decided the list could help others. i actually played each nes rom in the goodnes 3.10 set 1 at a time and then tested every dump of the games on nesds. games that failed were then tested on pocketnes (as i have a few slot2 kits). all games completely in a foreign language were skipped as well as some really lame shitty shovel ware crap that i just couldn't see myself ever wanting to care about. any game in another language was well researched for a translation patch and then patched when one existed. i also repatched some of the goodnes roms as the original patching methods caused issues with nes ds.

so yea this was an undertaking to say the least, but i enjoyed it. i now have over 700 nes games on my nds at all times which i am playing through - some for the very first time. i love rewind!! & fastforward!! =)

-another world

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
where in castlevania 3 did you have problems? i'll try to play to that point and check it out for myself.

-another world
The first of the missing sprites are the bats 3rd scene of the first level, where you're climbing up the tower amid a stain-glass window background. It's only a few minutes in, so it doesn't take very long to get. I don't remember where else I had problems off of the top of my head, I kind of suck at the game so I don't usually make it too much further before giving up.

And thanks for all of your hard work.
smile.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
ViRGE said:
Another World said:

-another world
The first of the missing sprites are the bats 3rd scene of the first level, where you're climbing up the tower amid a stain-glass window background. It's only a few minutes in, so it doesn't take very long to get. I don't remember where else I had problems off of the top of my head, I kind of suck at the game so I don't usually make it too much further before giving up.

And thanks for all of your hard work.
smile.gif

cheers!

i'm on holiday but after i'm home i will check each dump of the game and play to see if any of them work or not. after that i will update the master lists accordingly.

-another world

hdofu

Trophies
Website
www.wikitsune.com
XP
Country
United States
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 (U).nes is there away around the bug in this game to get past the sub (without doing the stage select cheat)? (you can get to a certain point where foot soldiers should shoot out and attack you but they never come out)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
hdofu said:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 (U).nes is there away around the bug in this game to get past the sub (without doing the stage select cheat)? (you can get to a certain point where foot soldiers should shoot out and attack you but they never come out)

i had no idea there was a problem, i didn't play that far into it during initial testing. i need to get this and castlevania 3 a play and update the list.

thank for letting me know.

and to answer your question... no i don't know of a fix.

-another world

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hdofu: Im not an expert, but about T.M.N.T. 3, i personally think you might have a bad dump. I had the same problem not long ago with Kirby Superstar (U) for SNES on PC. It wouldnt allow me to move on after the explosion on Meta Knight's game, i was stuck in a room, & the hole never appeared in the background for a door. Tried ZSNES & SNESx9, neither would work at that part. Found out it was a bad dump, some information was cut during dumping. Got another rom, worked up to that point again, & it was fine.

Im getting R4 for Christmas, looked all online to find genuine version (hope i found the right one =P) with a Toshiba 2GB MicroSD card (Japan), since i read that it had the best compatibility for R4DS. If having a different amount of memory on the sd card or having a different brand have any impact on this emulator's gameplay?

Also, im not sure how to fix it, & please dont critizise me, but i was wondering if on Mike Tyson's Punch Out & Punch Out!, if the graphical messups have anything to do with the changing of colors of various things during normal gameplay?

Furthermore, if the Punch Out games cant be played very well with original roms, ill make a homebrew version myself.
yaynds.gif

Ronstar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
River City Ransom works AMAZINGLY! Just played through the whole thing.
I can't figure out how to save states though, does anyone know?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol