Hacking need to fix priiloader.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
M1r0 said:
lulwut: Wrong, AHBPROT still runs a risk, even if the coder knows what he is doing. There are bugs such as (i forget the exact wording) Network Initialization that can cause AHBPROT to pause and possibly cause a brick, if the NAND is being modified.
no
ahbprot does not have any risk (and again) , if the programmer knows wtf to do (or knows how to reload ios and keep ahbprot; which is possible i might add. priiloader 0.7 BETA 1 is an example of that. it reloads ios freeing itself from HBC's shit it left behind like the network junk, and start all over like normal)
and even if it DOES crash midway; this is why i said
QUOTEdelete a installed ios that isn't directly needed and is patchable in some version,and isn't used by a critical part of the system->use ahbprot in dopmii to install that ios patched
and a 4.3 wii has enough of those ios's ill tell you that (let alone IOS36 can be done fairly easy this way np)

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.... ? Isn't that what IOS 236 Installer does? Without the deleting part... AHBPROT is okay if you use it to install temporary patched IOS to do the install, but I didn't realize that's what you were trying to say...

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
M1r0 said:
.... ? Isn't that what IOS 236 Installer does? Without the deleting part... AHBPROT is okay if you use it to install temporary patched IOS to do the install, but I didn't realize that's what you were trying to say...
idk if the ios236 installer uses ahbprot or not.
i just dont freaking understand why it would want to do that. you can just delete the ios and install a patched one instead. there is just 1 ES call that is needed for that
-its cleaner
-same risk
-no retarded ios creating

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lulwut said:
M1r0 said:
lulwut: Wrong, AHBPROT still runs a risk, even if the coder knows what he is doing. There are bugs such as (i forget the exact wording) Network Initialization that can cause AHBPROT to pause and possibly cause a brick, if the NAND is being modified.
no
ahbprot does not have any risk (and again) , if the programmer knows wtf to do (or knows how to reload ios and keep ahbprot; which is possible i might add. priiloader 0.7 BETA 1 is an example of that. it reloads ios freeing itself from HBC's shit it left behind like the network junk, and start all over like normal)
and even if it DOES crash midway; this is why i said
QUOTEdelete a installed ios that isn't directly needed and is patchable in some version,and isn't used by a critical part of the system->use ahbprot in dopmii to install that ios patched
and a 4.3 wii has enough of those ios's ill tell you that (let alone IOS36 can be done fairly easy this way np)
And how exactly would you delete this ios? I think you may be confused. You can not just delete an ios, and you can not just install a patched ios, both of these require a patched ios to be done on any wii >3.3.

Anyway, AHBPROT abveosly has its issues, it has bricked wiis. That is why my guide does not use AHBPROT in any way.

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i too am offended by the term retard, i too have an autistic family member. and i think xflak knows alot more than you about modding wiis. he has made the most downloaded and used way to mod ANY wii in any way you want that i know of. you should have more respect. and i second on the if you have never needed to use ios 236 then you have never modded an updated 4.3b wii yet, comment.

obama_stop_being_a_dick.jpg

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@lulwut, I'm gonna try to keep this short.

What you're suggesting...

"delete a installed ios that isn't directly needed and is patchable in some version,and isn't used by a critical part of the system->use ahbprot in dopmii to install that ios patched"

...is the exact same as what IOS236 Installer does. How can u hate on IOS236 when u know NOTHING about it.

Let me explain the 2 methods of installing a patched IOS on a virgin wii in detail so u can see how they are the same (but IOS236 Installer is simpler), since I think your explanation is garbage, but I wont hold that against u cuz English may not be your native language

1) what you suggested:
-launch dop-mii w/ ahbprot and use it to delete an IOS (lets say IOS36)
-then use dop-mii to install a patched IOS36

Opinion: This works well, but dop-mii has many features. If someone were to use dop-mii with ahbprot to patch their system menu IOS or to install a new system menu, people run the risk of bricking due to the HBC's network init bug.

2) IOS236 Installer v5 Mod
-launches with ahbprot and automatically installs a patched IOS36 to slot 236

Opinion: A lot simpler than using dop-mii to do the same thing. If this crashes, the worst it could do is install a corrupt IOS to slot 236. Whereas if dop-mii were to crash, the user could be doing anything when it happens (including installing vital files).

Assuming all goes smoothly, what's the difference you might ask? Nothing, the only subtle difference is that when using other apps, u would select IOS36 vs. IOS236.

IMHO, IOS236 Installer wins (for the purpose of installing a patched IOS on a virgin console). It is simpler (literally requires NO user input) and it only uses ahbprot to install a patched IOS36 to slot236. Dop-mii is a great app, but I wouldn't trust it when using ahbprot via the HBC to mess with any vital files like system menu, system menu IOS or boot2. If you are only using dop-mii to install a patched IOS36... why bother when IOS236 Installer does it without having to navigate through any menu's. Dop-Mii is still a great tool, but I think it should be used without ahbprot but instead with a patched IOS.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
LMAO I knew it!
rofl2.gif

Well, I have been REALLY suspicious of lolwut being a dupe account by Daco for quite a long time now, but was not absolutely 100% sure.

Mostly only posting priiloader related stuff...
Instantly going into "hater mode" whenever someone mentions a patched IOS that is not in slot 36...
having trouble getting along with other gbatemp members...

And now... you just confirmed it to us all tueidj
smile.gif

So... BANZOR TIEM!

It was nice seeing ya again Daco, but rulez iz rulez... ban evasion is grounds for a ban... so... reported.

Cya!

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj said:
You guys do know that lulwut is Daco, right?
im not. but saying that wont change your mind eh(as we tried going down that alley before)

QUOTE(mauifrog @ Apr 3 2011, 04:03 AM) And how exactly would you delete this ios? I think you may be confused. You can not just delete an ios, and you can not just install a patched ios, both of these require a patched ios to be done on any wii >3.3.

Anyway, AHBPROT abveosly has its issues, it has bricked wiis. That is why my guide does not use AHBPROT in any way.
ES_DeleteTitle? dont have the rights? patch ios in memory using ahbprot and you will have the rights.

and the only reason AHBPROT has bricked wii's is cause:

1) HBC leaves nasty stuff behind which
2) programmers dont think about the loader not shutting down completely; causing bad things to happen. the programmer should check and fix any issues before proceeding
3) you are thinking of priiloader which was touching a very fragile part of the system. an ios install (which isn't critical) should not harm your wii in any way thats not reversible(unless its the SM ios , and the HBC ios can get tricky to reverse depending on the state of the wii)
4) AHBPROT has no issues if the programmer knows what he is doing or can reload ios and keep ahbprot.

and @ XFlak :
its user error if they do that(install SM ios patched with ahbprot) & programmer error for having issues with ahbprot. im talking about getting from a clean wii to getting a patched ios.
and first you say the 236 installer does the same but then you say it installs to 236. 2 different things
let alone it creates an extra useless step (installing a patched ios36 for certain apps) or extra step for programmers (supporting this silly ios236 idea).
i for one support the usage of IOS 36,58&61

@ damysteryman : "Instantly going into "hater mode" whenever someone mentions a patched IOS that is not in slot 36..." suuure, and thats why i have ios36 installed in 249 with rev 0xff01 (and not ffff like stupid cios and its 250).

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess it must be an incredible coincidence that you joined less than a month after Daco was banned. Also a coincidence that your username here (lulwut) is extremely similar to Daco's IRC username (lolwut). And yet another coincidence that almost every post you make concerns priiloader in some way or another and you're able to imitate Daco's style of conversation almost exactly.

If you're not Daco, how can you claim to know the specifics of how the priiloader installer works when it's closed source?

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guy is definitely daco. All the posts are messages that he "saw" on daco taco's website or irc.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
lulwut said:
@ XFlak :
its user error if they do that(install SM ios patched with ahbprot) & programmer error for having issues with ahbprot. im talking about getting from a clean wii to getting a patched ios.
and first you say the 236 installer does the same but then you say it installs to 236. 2 different things
let alone it creates an extra useless step (installing a patched ios36 for certain apps) or extra step for programmers (supporting this silly ios236 idea).
i for one support the usage of IOS 36,58&61
Firstly, let me just say that I don't care if ur daco or not, either way I expect more respect than you've shown, but back on topic...

dude, installing the same patched IOS to a different slot (36 vs. 236) IS the same thing. I can install a cIOS to slot 249 or 250, is there a difference between the two? No! Only difference is that when I load of my wad manager or whatever, I need to select 249 vs. 250. The same applies to 36 vs 236. In fact, installing to slot 236 is preferred by most because it takes the 'purist' position (as I call it). And every purist will prefer to have only official IOSs installed to slots < 200 (perhaps with exceptions for patched system menu IOSs). I stopped patching IOS36 back when it sometimes causes an upside down homebrew channel, or blackscreen when loading apps with the HBC.

I really don't know why u r arguing the point, we agreed on so much and now your like a kid having a tantrum... "236 isn't the same as 36, its 200 higher!"... pshhh, come on dude... really? that's such a huge difference *sarcasm*

I encourage that people develop ahbprot apps, but until a new HBC is released, I think they should be keeping them to themselves UNLESS the app does NOT have the capability of modifying vital system files (like IOS236 Installer and unlike the new dop-mii). I had access to the FIRST ahbprot enabled wad manager, yawmm 4 modmii, by cwstjdenobs, and we decided NOT to release it because we wouldn't be able to control what people install with it, and like responsible people, we know it isn't suitable for the masses cuz some1 WILL eventually have a freeze when they're doing something they shouldn't be doing, like installing vital system files. giantpune also wrote an ahbprot version of dop-mii that I got to test out WAAAAY before the dop-mii team ever did it. And pune decided not to release it... are you trying to say all these people are stupid for not releasing a potentially dangerous app? How many wii's has the ahbprot priiloader installer bricked? And now we're supposed to take it on good faith that daco's figured out how to compensate for the HBC network init error? I think I'll pass, thanks.

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
dude, installing the same patched IOS to a different slot (36 vs. 236) IS the same thing. I can install a cIOS to slot 249 or 250, is there a difference between the two? No! Only difference is that when I load of my wad manager or whatever, I need to select 249 vs. 250. The same applies to 36 vs 236. In fact, installing to slot 236 is preferred by most because it takes the 'purist' position (as I call it). And every purist will prefer to have only official IOSs installed to slots < 200 (perhaps with exceptions for patched system menu IOSs). I stopped patching IOS36 back when it sometimes causes an upside down homebrew channel, or blackscreen when loading apps with the HBC.
and then IOS61 came along, HBC started using that and all was fine; no more up side down HBC. dont get stuck in a silly point in time of the wii scene; go on the ride and advance like you should.

XFlak said:
I really don't know why u r arguing the point, we agreed on so much and now your like a kid having a tantrum... "236 isn't the same as 36, its 200 higher!"... pshhh, come on dude... really? that's such a huge difference *sarcasm*
im arguing over the uselessness of the IOS236 idea. i know its the same ios; that is a part why i find it retarded to install it to a different slot. you could say "THEN IT WONT GET DELETED ON AN UPDATE"; but thats not true. nintendo adds a IOS236 stub and its gone. if the installer installs it as something > 0xFF00 then you could have done the same with IOS36 since you are going the ugly road anyway.

QUOTE(XFlak @ Apr 3 2011, 07:07 PM)
I encourage that people develop ahbprot apps, but until a new HBC is released, I think they should be keeping them to themselves UNLESS the app does NOT have the capability of modifying vital system files (like IOS236 Installer and unlike the new dop-mii). I had access to the FIRST ahbprot enabled wad manager, yawmm 4 modmii, by cwstjdenobs, and we decided NOT to release it because we wouldn't be able to control what people install with it, and like responsible people, we know it isn't suitable for the masses cuz some1 WILL eventually have a freeze when they're doing something they shouldn't be doing, like installing vital system files. giantpune also wrote an ahbprot version of dop-mii that I got to test out WAAAAY before the dop-mii team ever did it. And pune decided not to release it... are you trying to say all these people are stupid for not releasing a potentially dangerous app? How many wii's has the ahbprot priiloader installer bricked? And now we're supposed to take it on good faith that daco's figured out how to compensate for the HBC network init error? I think I'll pass, thanks.
a way of having safe AHBPROT has been under the nooses of everybody; in the source of libogc. yes having AHBPROT straight from HBC is a bad idea at this time (if not always since i dont see a new HBC release coming any time soon).
you can stop it from crashing and clean ios to some degree but you will always have some weird stuff(see Priiloader 0.6).

this is why Daco and myself have been looking into ways of reloading IOS without loosing AHBPROT (or gaining AHBPROT back). we first went and looked at loading an ios to memory; patching it and making starlet jump to it.
because we both lacked asm knowledge (let alone anything about starlet or how to communicate with it directly) we looked at alternate methods...
the key was ,to our surprise , already in the libogc svn. it only required a few modifications; but it would let us reload IOS and keep ahbprot(or regain it, see it how you will). this is what 0.7 BETA 1 does; and cause it reloads ios you are free of HBC's stuff (even the tid you are identified as). its hacky as fuck; but does the trick fairly stable and normally. ill let Daco know how apparently the scene feels about his usage with ahbprot; and the confidence they have. cause that surely has gone down to 0% here on gbafail.

and really; good faith? go try the 0.7 BETA 1 installer yourself and try what you think will break its ahbprot&ios stability.

EDIT: i shouldn't have spilled the beans on what 0.7 BETA 1 does but to late now i guess

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj said:
lulwut said:
this is why Daco and myself...
He didn't even thank you in the ReadMeh.txt, what an ungrateful SOB...
and how long did the readme contain information about compiling the installer which was copy pasta from phpgeek's installer source?

yeeee; daco clearly doesn't seem to care about readme's

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you are so close to your "friend" Daco I think you should be more respectful to Xflak as he was one of the few persons that advocate in favor of Daco when he was banned long ago http://gbatemp.net/t187691-priiloader-publ...t&p=2676042

No only everyone is against your point of view but they are against the manner you attack people to state your point.

Besides, you are wasting your time here no matter how well or beautiful you put your ideas the experience had taught us otherwise.

LOL If you are interested I have a few home movies for you watch and peacefully relax at home and leave everyone here at peace dude.
happy.gif

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lulwut said:
the key was ,to our surprise , already in the libogc svn. it only required a few modifications; but it would let us reload IOS and keep ahbprot(or regain it, see it how you will). this is what 0.7 BETA 1 does; and cause it reloads ios you are free of HBC's stuff (even the tid you are identified as). its hacky as fuck; but does the trick fairly stable and normally. ill let Daco know how apparently the scene feels about his usage with ahbprot; and the confidence they have. cause that surely has gone down to 0% here on gbafail.
You're installing Team Twiizer's old DVDX title (with the Title ID changed to GIGY) and then initializing it, which turns on AHBPROT. Ew ew ew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up