Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - ARC-V Tag Force Special - re-translating the story

grandosegood

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

As some of you may know, the story for this game has slurs and profanities and straight-up fake translation. The team that translated this game already did everything else, but I'd like to fix the story parts if possible. My plan was to run the japanese script through AI, and see if i can find some translators to help with the project. does anyone have any tips for a complete n00b to get started? Thanks.

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone,

As some of you may know, the story for this game has slurs and profanities and straight-up fake translation. The team that translated this game already did everything else, but I'd like to fix the story parts if possible. My plan was to run the japanese script through AI, and see if i can find some translators to help with the project. does anyone have any tips for a complete n00b to get started? Thanks.
I am already on it, DM me your discord and we'll see what we can do :) If this works, we can also go for in duel subtitles for Tag Force 6 as they are horrendously "Translated"

chrisfand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey grandosegood, please DM me your Discord as well.
I have a fully translated TFS ISO as well (including duel texts, shop, profiles, etc.) and am hoping to begin playtesting the story for errors soon with YuseiFD.
I finished translating every file in the game a bit over a week ago, just need to finish editing a few GIMs before I hand out the ISO.

Thinking of making a shared folder with subfolder for each story, then screenshotting bugs as we play. Afterwards we can go one by one through the screenshots and fix up the script.

LeANon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I lack the skills to help in any substantial way I'd imagine, but I wish you the best of luck. I'd love to be able to play TFS without the horribly offensive and abridged dialogue.

Reactions: Ghaleb

Ghaleb

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I have a fully translated TFS ISO as well (including duel texts, shop, profiles, etc.) and am hoping to begin playtesting the story for errors soon with YuseiFD.
I finished translating every file in the game a bit over a week ago, just need to finish editing a few GIMs before I hand out the ISO.

Thinking of making a shared folder with subfolder for each story, then screenshotting bugs as we play. Afterwards we can go one by one through the screenshots and fix up the script.
That is wonderfull to hear! I wish you guys the best of luck. When is this ISO expected to finish?, because i'm craving to play this game again, you know... without the insults and bad humor and such.

Last edited by Ghaleb,

Lol_Cakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Thank you so much for your efforts ! Myself and many other fans have wished for a much better fan-translation of the game!

Is there a planned released date for the iso ? :D:lol:

Reactions: Ghaleb

chrisfand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, my bad for not posting an update here.

Since my last post, I have updated all card names to use latest English errata, remade the original GIM card images (same style yugioh font AND correct color rarity) so they all have English names rather than a mix of JP and EN cards, and am currently finishing up (90% done) the lengthy process of replacing all 25 character voices (~3000-4000 audio files) to English using Duel Links and cleaned anime voice rips (will be optional for people who prefer sub voices).

Once that's done, I'll be skimming through my already translated story script to fix mistakes and a handful of duel subtitles for generic characters. Then, release time.

Ghaleb

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria

Since my last post, I have updated all card names to use latest English errata, remade the original GIM card images (same style yugioh font AND correct color rarity) so they all have English names rather than a mix of JP and EN cards, and am currently finishing up (90% done) the lengthy process of replacing all 25 character voices (~3000-4000 audio files) to English using Duel Links and cleaned anime voice rips (will be optional for people who prefer sub voices).

Once that's done, I'll be skimming through my already translated story script to fix mistakes and a handful of duel subtitles for generic characters. Then, release time.
Thank you very much for the update and your work on the game, the fact that you'll be adding English voices (as long as it's optional) is awesome, wish you the best.

KnivezOfficial

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

Good day, Chris. I am also working with the Tag force special and I am replacing the system, duel and background music effects with the official sounds from the online yugioh game Master Duel, ripped from the game. I finished replacing 90% of the system and duel sound effects and the Bgm is 100% complete. And I arranged carefully to match the atmosphere of the story but I am missing some parts because there is no title in the iso. It's full of track numbers and I have to listen for each one to replace the sound effect and my problem is some sound effects are hard to trace. Maybe you can help me or do you have a list of titles of the sounds of system and duels. Can I add you on discord?

chrisfand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good day, Chris. I am also working with the Tag force special and I am replacing the system, duel and background music effects with the official sounds from the online yugioh game Master Duel, ripped from the game. I finished replacing 90% of the system and duel sound effects and the Bgm is 100% complete. And I arranged carefully to match the atmosphere of the story but I am missing some parts because there is no title in the iso. It's full of track numbers and I have to listen for each one to replace the sound effect and my problem is some sound effects are hard to trace. Maybe you can help me or do you have a list of titles of the sounds of system and duels. Can I add you on discord?
Sure, it's the same as my name on GBAtemp

saintspete

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to thank you for your efforts. I loved the Tag Force and World Championship series and I was sad when they stopped. When I heard about Tag Force special I got my hopes up but after every year I became sadden as the cruel truth dawn on me that we most likely never see an official release in English. Then recently looking online for an update online. After seeing that Konami had plans to release some of the older games for the 25 anniversary. I was sad to realize the Tag Force was not one of them but this lead me to find your post of making a high quality English release. I wanted to thank everyone involved in this project. This era of cards was my favorite and was my childhood. Thank you for giving this price of history the proper respect it deserves.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
good i am half japaese but.....i hate to read it....my eyes just hurt xD this is perfect. i own the game but need it in english. xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch