ROM Hack MHX DLC Encryption

Deleted member 369977

Felyne Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm currently planning on a tool that will inject the dlc files to the savefile. just couldn't find any time working on it yet.
Well. since the savefile doesn't have any encryption, it should be possible to make a homebrew that does this. This way we wouldn't need to download the savefile on the pc, edit it there and reinject it, but rather just send the dlc files and run the homebrew application.

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently planning on a tool that will inject the dlc files to the savefile. just couldn't find any time working on it yet.
Well. since the savefile doesn't have any encryption, it should be possible to make a homebrew that does this. This way we wouldn't need to download the savefile on the pc, edit it there and reinject it, but rather just send the dlc files and run the homebrew application.
Oh man, that would be really cool to have a homebrew for that!

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got same feedback on python 3.5.1,did i miss anything?
The error you posted happens if you're using a version older then Python 3.2 so you must be running it in the wrong version. If you're using Linux, try running it with the python3.5 command instead of just making the script executable.

ice239

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
The error you posted happens if you're using a version older then Python 3.2 so you must be running it in the wrong version. If you're using Linux, try running it with the python3.5 command instead of just making the script executable.

thank you very much

Deleted member 369977

Felyne Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Seems like they changed the key again <_<
Do we have any way to automatically dump the latest key yet, @moghedien ?
I don't think it'd be possible to automatically dump the key. MH uses Port 443 to send you the key, and this is encrypted. We'd need to play MITM ( Man in the middle ) for this encrypted connection. Which is pretty hard for SSL ( Just google 'Port 443 mitm' to see how it would work, and why it'S so hard ). And I'd assume capcom might have the actual key encrypted again by some sort. I think he already said something, that the key is calculated using multiple smaller keys. And since we don't have the function yet it's currently impossible

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it'd be possible to automatically dump the key. MH uses Port 443 to send you the key, and this is encrypted. We'd need to play MITM ( Man in the middle ) for this encrypted connection. Which is pretty hard for SSL ( Just google 'Port 443 mitm' to see how it would work, and why it'S so hard ). And I'd assume capcom might have the actual key encrypted again by some sort. I think he already said something, that the key is calculated using multiple smaller keys. And since we don't have the function yet it's currently impossible
Exactly.
I updated the key again but it looks like they are making a new one every day or maybe ever other day. I think the easiest solution now would be to make a NTR plugin that gets the key. I'll work on that after I release my quest editor.

MHdeMH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Derp... got the new one.
I'm going to make a homebrew to extract/add quests directly from the save file soon, which means we wont need the encryption key any more.

Thank you very much.
but i can't use CFW from dump savedata so... i like this way :)

if one day you wont update the key, could you let us know how to find the new key?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Is Janet Jackson alive?