ROM Hack MHX DLC Encryption

Deleted member 369977

Felyne Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok, I looked at your file and I think I see the problem. In MH4U people said there was an issue where the first item in the supply box (and reward box) couldn't be modified. So try modifying a different item or just add a new item.
Also, I don't think this makes a difference, but I kept the order of the files in the ARC the same as the original.
I already found a different problem. With the current modified code I use the just scan the directory and subdirectory I think I forgot the file extentioins. In the decrypted DLC ARC there are no file extentions after the file names. I'm not sure though if that's how it's supposed to be or now. I'll try to take a quick look into my edited stuff.. ( it's just about 10 lines, so it should be quick )

EDIT: Nevermind, in the decrypted arc file are no file extentions given.. so that's not where the problem is..
I also just tried encrypting the quest, and then doing everything in reverse and it worked fine..

EDIT2: Could you maybe upload the modified ARC file you just showed in the picture?

EDIT3: Slowly I think there is a problem I just don't see.. So I just decrypted the original quest, unpacked the arc, repacked it and encrypted it again. It wouldn't load. Also the new ARC is 0xDEA long, while the original is 0xE09 long.. all right, let's make a new clean install and then I'll report back.

Final EDIT4:
So.. this is actually quite interesting. it DOES matter in which order you supply the files of the arc to your create_arc function. My algorythm just went through all the folders and wrote down the file path & name in alphabetical order. It MUST be in the order capcom created the ARC file.. Well.. QUEST CLEARED

Last edited by Deleted member 369977,

Deleted member 369977

Felyne Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Btw, just a quick value for the questData_1010002.mib : at 0x2C is 2 Bytes long the item you have to deliver.. and I guess then the amount 3 at 0x2E. I'll quickly try that :)

Yup, and 0x4B is the money for the main quest :)

rexko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
error from compresed size and real size.. for example quest/boss/stemmain/b_m00em000_00.sem type : rsetEmMain, compressed size : 15, size 32 eroor , and line 384 in <module> error, and line 344 in extract_arc error T-T what should i do?

rexko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i got a question, im using CMD for launch python, i installed 2.7 before install 3.5 then windows cmd using 2.7?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

error from compresed size and real size.. for example quest/boss/stemmain/b_m00em000_00.sem type : rsetEmMain, compressed size : 15, size 32 eroor , and line 384 in <module> error, and line 344 in extract_arc error T-T what should i do?
thx ill try that way. need pycrypto for 3.5 too right?

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need pycrypto for the ARC script. The decryption works on both 2.7 and 3.5 but the ARC script only works in 3.5, sorry.

rexko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Done ! Edit now, thx!

You don't need pycrypto for the ARC script. The decryption works on both 2.7 and 3.5 but the ARC script only works in 3.5, sorry.
ARC WORKS ON 3.3 TOO! im using now

rexko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Working Fine, THx!

0343d0c387.jpg

Thx alot!!

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

PonyDust

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Are you talking about the encrypted ARCC files inside the game? I figured out how to decrypt those: https://gist.github.com/svanheulen/1bba2b9c77347825269c
I don't actually have that game so I haven't looked into it much, but hopefully that's what you're looking for.
Yes, that's what I looking for. Thanks a lot.

May I know what version of python are you using?
I tried 2.7 and 3.5.
For 3.5 I got the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "mhxr_arcc.py", line 7, in <module>

from Crypto.Cipher import Blowfish

File "~/Crypto/Cipher/Blowfish.py", line 56, in <module>

from Crypto.Cipher import _Blowfish

ImportError: dlopen(~/Crypto/Cipher/_Blowfish.so, 2): Symbol not found: _PyInt_FromLong

Referenced from: ~/Crypto/Cipher/_Blowfish.so

Expected in: flat namespace

in ~/Crypto/Cipher/_Blowfish.so

PonyDust

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
It is a problem caused by the gmp library during installation. I just fixed it and the script runs.

However the output files are not readable. I attached one of the output file below (weapon_lsword_series.txt).
The original .arc file is also attached. I named it rsdnt_weapon.txt but it should be .arc.

I know it is not a thread for this issue, but if anyone is interested please help. Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• weapon_lsword_series.txt
    25.9 KB · Views: 292
  • rsdnt_weapon.txt
    97 KB · Views: 267

Deleted member 369977

Felyne Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
By the way, I just got an email saying that, since the update, the encryption key was changed. I'm currently on vacation until January 3rd so I wont be able to get the new key until then. I'm also almost done making a web based quest editor so hopefully I'll have that ready soon after :)
Alright :) Was the key changed just today? Yesterday I was still able to import the quests. Also I'm currently working on a small editor too.
It seems like the monster only spawns in one area, although I edited the area in the boss file. Is this intended by the game or am I doing something wrong? Anyways, have a nice vacation!

EDIT: Jup, they changed it..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...