MattKimura's Wii U hacking guide

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by MattKimura, Feb 24, 2017.

1. MattKimura
    OP

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    The size of the SD card can technically be ANY, it's just more convenient if you want to fit multiple games on the same SD card before installing. The size is up to you, but yeah after installing everything you can even use a 2 GB.

2. MiserySW

MiserySW Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2017
    United States
    Cool. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the reply MattKimura! Also, thanks for the easy to understand guide. It allows literally anyone who can follow directions be able to mod their Wii U.

MattKimura likes this.
  3. Don21

Don21 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2014
    Netherlands
    Zuid Holland
    Hi all, i used to had this CFW on my wii u, but last time my SD did strange. The pc wanted to fix the SD card, but now its changed it too 1 file.
    Can anyone help me..Do i only need to put back the files into my SD, now each time i have to open mocha..before that i never had too..

It has been a while and i hope i don't destroy stuff

4. MattKimura
    OP

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    Yup all you need is the files on your SD card, and be sure the SD is formatted as FAT32.

Don21 likes this.
  5. Don21

Don21 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2014
    Netherlands
    Zuid Holland
    I did that, now i have to use mocha to get it to work first.

Is it because i already had Zelda on it, and after the corrupted sd, i used the same sd to install the updates to the consoles nand. Thank you.
    If so then i only have to install zelda again right.. thanks again

6. dariosq

dariosq Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2017
    United Kingdom
  7. akhlaq768

akhlaq768 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2016
    Using this process, can I play Zelda breath of the wild from utikdowdloader?

8. PTKozo

PTKozo Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2017
    Brazil
    Is it safe to update the Wii U firmware after doing this process? Just noticed that the 5.5.2U was release july 12th, though those were not coming to Wii U anymore hum..

9. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    only if u install haxchi. browserhax has been patched.

10. Exequiel

Exequiel Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2017
    Canada
    Very nice guide..!
    I was wondering if you could update the SD Card starter-kit to include Retroarch 1.6 since you seem to have it tailored compared to the standard avaialble on Github website and I can't get it to work properly.. If not, its fine i'll stay on 1.4:P
    Thanks for your hard work :)

Last edited by Exequiel, Jul 19, 2017
  11. Ledz

Ledz Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2017
    Portugal
    Hi. Thanks for this great tutorial!

It's all working fine, but sometimes the wii u crash on a white screen after trying to load the Homebrew. To start and launch the Mocha CFW, I just point the browser to loadiine.ovh but I would like to have an option to point to my computer (running MAMP on my LAN) to do that even if my internet become compromised.

Were can I find the server files to Homebrew Launcher 1.4?

Thanks and best!

12. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    Code:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/8v3tp77fsdd7mh0/wiiubrew.rar
    I think they're on the forums, but I uploaded my files for you. use xampp to use them. place the folder in xampp/htdocs . then, on the wii u, type in your computer's ip address followed by wiiubrew: xxx.xxx.x.xxx/wiiubrew to access the files.

13. Ledz

Ledz Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2017
    Portugal
    Thank you very much!

But mediafire blocked the access because it considered the malicious file.

Best!

Last edited by Ledz, Aug 7, 2017
  14. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    it works fine for me. u could try the downloads on the forums, but I bet the result will be the same. that mediafire download is on my account. I just backed up my entire mediafire account last night.

15. Ledz

Ledz Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2017
    Portugal
    I'm not afraid that this file is dangerous. The problem is that MediaFire wont let me download the file. It's just displaying the following message:

Dangerous File Blocked
    The file you attempted to download was determined to be dangerous. For your protection, MediaFire does not enable distribution of dangerous files.
    Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance.

Best!

16. Ledz

Ledz Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2017
    Portugal
    I found the files. Here's for future reference:

To start launcher offline, first download the Kernel Exploit Self Hosting here: https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/2:-Preparing-&-Running-the-Kernel-Exploit
    It's the link called FlimFlam69's All-In-One Self Hosting Package

If you use some antivirus you will have to add an exception to the files.

Then download and install XAMPP or MAMP. Put the files in htdocs and acess via wii using the computer address :D

Tks and best!

17. MattKimura
    OP

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    Guide updated to support 5.5.2 users, making use of the new exploit to install Haxchi. Now 5.5.1 and 5.5.2 users can se the guide alike.

Don21 likes this.
  18. Don21

Don21 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2014
    Netherlands
    Zuid Holland
    Thanks Matt, im still on 5.5.1, if i want to play online do i need to update to 5.5.2 and do the new exploit thing?

EDIT:

Worked it out with Matt's help. I only did the NNU patch update and it worked!! So much thanks for this awesome guy! So generous thanks a lot!!!

Last edited by Don21, Aug 23, 2017
    MattKimura likes this.
  19. flo

flo GBAtemp Regular

Nov 2, 2006
    Hungary
    Wii U on 5.5.1 here , what are the steps to mod it and maybe update to 5.5.2 ? I want to use USA discs on PAL console , i understand there's a homebrew for it . I also want to play online without any ban risk ( is browser exploit safer than Haxchii ? ) . Also , i will mod the vWii side , does that get updated by going 5.5.1 to 5.5.2 ? I heard one report that it got updated .
    Hoes Haxchii block updates ?

20. MattKimura
    OP

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    You can only update to 5.5.2 once you have Haxchi, which you must buy for $7. Otherwise you'd have to stay on 5.5.1. Everything works fine on 5.5.1 though so you also don't have to update for any reason.
    You can follo wthe 5.5.1 guide up to the haxchi point. Once you have haxchi, simply update the system. But you'd have to remove DNS before updating otherwise it'd block access.

There is no ban risk at all for playing online, so go all out.
    Haxchi is much more convenient than the browser exploit. It's not any safer or any riskier though. In other words haxchi doesn't pose a threat.
    Nope vWii never gets updated regardless.

Last edited by MattKimura, Sep 7, 2017