MattKimura's Wii U hacking guide

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by MattKimura, Feb 24, 2017.

1. flo

flo GBAtemp Regular

Nov 2, 2006
    Hungary
    Ok , so the steps would be :

Setup internet connection with DNS
    Do the browser exploit
    Install Haxchii
    Remove DNS
    Update
    The 5.5.2 update only removes the browser exploit and everything will stay intact ?

So Haxchii takes the place of the browser exploit booting Homebrew Channel . Does it also have the functions of Mocha ( enabling WUP Installer ) ?
    Can i do the Backup System Nand as a last step ?
    Installing Homebrew Launcher as a channel will flag the console for banning ? I heard about WiiU bans , how did they happen ?

2. MattKimura
    OP

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    Yup that would be the process. You can also get haxchi on 5.5.2 but the browser exploit is so unstable and a big pain to play with. It's best if you just get haxchi on 5.5.1 while you're there. Yup Haxchi is an alternate entrypoint into homebrew launcher. You can launch mocha, wup installer, etc. The boot rate is 100%, and it works offline.
    Yup 5.5.2 only patches the browser exploit but everything else is left untouched. You gain nothing by updating to 5.5.2 actually as everything works in 5.5.1. So it's just an OCD matter to want to update. You'll need to redo the DNS once on 5.5.2 in case of 5.5.3.

3. zare_86

zare_86 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2017
    Serbia, Republic of
    Hello, i'm new in Nintendo wii u, can you please sent me link to video or forum where i can look how to insert game on console, my is 32gb, system 5.5.2, i install Hatchi and homebrew, i have iso games but i dont know how to install them?
    Thanks advance!
    Zare

4. zare_86

zare_86 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2017
    Serbia, Republic of
    I have one more question, i try to play "The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild" but i cen't update game. I install like you told in guide but when i start game need update, i click ok, bat got error kode and i cannot update?
    I start NNU Patcher before a start game and nothing, i have another folder with game "0005000E101C9500" i think that is update, i try to load with WUP Installer GX2 but i got error code?
    Can someone help?
    Thanks

5. snake73

snake73 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2017
    Norway
    Hello, I am new to this haxchi installment. I am on firmware 5.5.2E, and have done everything you have said on that section. I made as far as to install the Haxchii over the DS game Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training (E). Whenever i try to run the Haxchii app from my WiiU menu, I automatically get back to the main menu. What is wrong?

6. MattKimura
    OP

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    Congratulations you now have haxchi, now here's how it works.
    When you launch it, it boots up HaxchiFW (It's very own CFW) which simply reboots to the home menu but with patches enabled.
    Now when you hold A while booting haxchi, you'll boot into Homebrew Launcher. Simple as that : p

Don21 and snake73 like this.
  7. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    I'm pretty nooby when it comes to wiiu hacking so please go easy on me.
    My basic question: is it possible to hack a Japanese wiiu on 5.5.2? I'm not seeing any of the guides I've looked at mention anything about it.

8. Geezerdorf

Geezerdorf Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2016
    Mexico
    ヴェラクルス、メキシコ, AKA Hell.
    Short Answer? Yes. Supposedly.
    Long answer:
    You have to follow the same procedure than anybody on 5.5.2 as well: Buy a VC compatible game (Brain age). Get the files necessary to install Haxchi & HBC, run HBC by going to This page ; and then, installing haxchi into your system. The guide for 5.5.2 supposedly works in any language set on the system. Dunno if it's the same for the games, but since the games on DS were Multi language by themselves, there shouldn't be any trouble.

Everything's on page 1 of this thread. Here's hoping that you don't find any troubles installing it.

Quick Addendum: As @godreborn has linked, Otona no DS Training is in the list. You're good to go, @zoogie .

Last edited by Geezerdorf, Nov 11, 2017
    MattKimura likes this.
  9. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
  10. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Yeah that's what I'm going to do. I'm not concerned about language, I can just go by online guides or my own memory on what menus to select (I've done this on a US system before).
    It's just troubling no guide seems to explicitly mention the exploits working on JPN systems.

11. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    it works. that list specifies the Japanese equivalent of each game.

12. Binh Nguyen

Binh Nguyen Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2016
    I followed this guide, I installed haxchi but when i launch haxchi(Pokemon Ranger Guardian Sign JP) on wiiu menu it was show logo haxchi and then black screen, my wiiu is 5.5.2J, i tried use other sd card but it's still this problem, anyone help me pls, thanks all ^^

13. MattKimura
    OP

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    when you launch haxchi with no buttons, it boots up Haxchi CFW. If you launch haxchi while holding A, it boots Homebrew Launcher.
    Did the black screen show any numbers such as -3 or -5?

14. Binh Nguyen

Binh Nguyen Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2016
    it don't show anything, but i had resolved it, don't know how PKM Ranger Guardian Sign JP not work, i downloaded Brain Age JP and everything is ok. Tks for reply me

MattKimura likes this.