MattKimura's Wii U hacking guide

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by MattKimura, Feb 24, 2017.

1. MattKimura
    OP

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    Yup as long as you're not using RedNAND, installing Wii VC games are the same as usual. Just run CFW when you install and play it.

To update a game while still blocking updates, just use NNU Patcher then launch the game. It should start downloading the game update.

2. MattKimura
    This message by MattKimura has been removed from public view by Cyan, Apr 2, 2017, Reason: Not needed, no question waited to get a reply.
    Apr 2, 2017
  3. Felek666
    This message by Felek666 has been removed from public view by Cyan, Apr 2, 2017, Reason: reply to deleted post.
    Apr 2, 2017
  4. viral777

viral777 mecha connoisseur

Oct 19, 2009
    United States
    when I have do not obtain DNS, I cannot view my friends list any longer, and keeps saying "signing in to Nintendo Network.."

5. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    You sure you're using TitleDNS?

6. viral777

Oct 19, 2009
    United States
    I used the DNS that was supplied here. The DNS block worked fine when I was at home, but now that Im back at school and using a different router, maybe that is the problem? idk.

I cant access friends list, and go online either. The DNS worked fine before.

7. Temptress Cerise

Temptress Cerise Miss Magic~ <3

May 1, 2016
    United States
    School networks, will more than likely block external DNS servers.

8. viral777

Oct 19, 2009
    United States
    So anyway to block updates still while still able to go online? I'm using my own router if that helps.

9. Olavo

Olavo Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2017
    Brazil
    Guys I have a kind of unrelated question. When I launch through loadiine.ovh/550/HBLK it loads Homebrew 1.3, even though I have 1.4 and it shows as 1.4 at the corner after loading the app. I know because rpx freezes. If however I launch loadiine.ovh and click in the menu Homebrew 1.4 and load, the same 1.4 at the corner but rpx loads normaly. So.. is there a quick link to 1.4 like the /550/HBLK? And another question.. is there a quick link like that to loadiine? Is there a webpage with this information anywhere? I searched but couldnt find. Thanks in advance!!

10. MattKimura
    OP

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    I removed loadiine.ovh/hblk from the guide and use loadiine.ovh instead : p
    Check the homebrew launcher section for the new setup

Crash300 likes this.
  11. Crash300

Crash300 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2017
    Brazil
    Hello everyone,
    First of all, thank you very much by the awesome guide, it literally saved my weekend.
    I just have one question, I own a retail disc version of Smash bros, I want to install the DLC's with WUPinstaller and play them with my disc game, is it possible or I must install the digital version of the game with WUPinstaller too?

Thnks guys :D

12. .44 Magnum

.44 Magnum GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2010
    United States
    Excellent guide!! Thanks so much!!

13. Vyle

Vyle Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2017
    United States
    A quick question on installing backups. I followed the tutorial from the start down to the Haxchi part. Everything works as it should.

I backed up Breath of The Wild, the only game I have at this time. I just got the system last week. Its a large game around 14GB or so with the update. I transfered the files to the SD card. Its a Class 10 U-1 card. I also have a
    64GB USB 3.0 flash drive in one of the USB ports. It has taken over an hour to install this game to the USB.

Would you say that is normal or does it seem a bit slow? If it is slow, is the bottleneck due to the SD card or the USB flash drive? Is there a way to increase the speed at all?

Just wandering.

Thanks for this guide. Its well laid out and easy to follow.

I have a second question.

I completed the guide including the Haxchi Coldboot.

If I install a game and its update via WUP. Is it normal for the game to update itself on first run without me having to do anything?

Last edited by Vyle, Apr 17, 2017
  14. fireguy85

fireguy85 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2016
    United States
    I am using latest Haxchi (2.5) and HBL (1.4) and l'm having an issue installing Skyward Sword (eShop title).

I have been using Wii U USB Helper and have successfully installed several other games (DLC and updates) without issue. Whether I use WUP Installer GX2 or MOD Y I keep getting "verify WUP files are correct and complete" and "DLC/eShop require sig patch". When I launch Haxchi I am clearly pressing and holding "A" like the config file says to boot into sig patch mode. If I hold it too long (after the Haxchi splash disappears) it freezes on a white Wii U screen (I left it for several minutes-the music still oddly plays). I have also verified and reverified the Skyward Sword files (all 63 of them FWIW) via Wii U USB Helper. The files are in sd:/install. They are not Loadiine format (code/content/meta). Not sure what I"m doing wrong here.

15. Felek666

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Your Haxchi fails to boot into sigpatched sysmenu.
    I suggest setting config to default=sysmenu and a= to homebrew launcher
    Then reinstall it and config should take effect and most of things should be fixed.

If you still freeze, you have to redownload DS VC game from eShop.

fireguy85 likes this.
  16. PTKozo

PTKozo Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2017
    Brazil
    Hey Guys, I was able to go through all the steps, run homebrew launcher, mocha cfw, install and play several games, but I'm getting stuck at the white screen several times. (Today for example I've been trying to access for over 1 hour, sometimes I'm able to enter into Mocha CFW but when I try to run the launcher I got stuck again) :/
    Is there anything that I can do that can help with that? I've already cleared the cookies.

17. MattKimura
    OP

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    It's normal for the browser to have a chance of freezing on a white screen and it can be a real pain. That's the upside of getting Haxchi, you dont have to deal with that nor do you need an internet connection.

18. fireguy85

fireguy85 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2016
    United States
    I replaced the config file with the one in flimflam's guide which is pretty much the same, just adding wup installer for B. I then reinstalled Haxchi (2.5) and sigpatching works now. Thank you! I can finally play all Zelda games in portable format between my 3DS and WiiU. Although upon starting up Skyward Sword it is rather disappointing to know that I cannot play with just the gamepad..

19. skygenie

skygenie Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2017
    Canada
    Been working through these various guides without much success until I came across your version.

I have a 2012 Wii U (EU) with Homebrew and Haxchi working with exception I cannot get region free access working. After multiple attempts and re-formats etc I cannot get Splatoon (US) to load under straight Mocha or Haxchi.

Downloaded programs under Homebrew works fine, have run disk2app numerous times but to no avail can I get the game to run. Doesn't matter what button I push when Haxchi loads.

Obviously I am missing something basic.

All suggestions welcomed before my daughter gives up on me .......

Last edited by skygenie, Apr 26, 2017
  20. Felek666

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    You're not in CFW so you can't play them.
    Set Haxchi to boot into CFW by default [default=sysmenu] and reinstall Haxchi

21. PTKozo

PTKozo Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2017
    Brazil
    So the Haxchi it's not only a "shortchut" for it, but it technically kills that chance of white screen? :O
    For real, I was trying for almost 2 hours to finally be able to get into Mocha CFW and Homebrew launcher.
    I'll do the Haxchi right away then, thanks!

22. MiserySW

MiserySW Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2017
    United States
    So I recently modded my Wii U using this guide (thanks MattKimura! you're awesome!) and I had a question regarding the size of the SD card. While it appears that I need a 16GB or higher SD to install games, is that necessary after modding it? What I mean by this is after I finish downloading games, or if I just don't want any games for whatever reason, can I use a smaller SD card, say 2 or 4 GB's? I noticed that the install files take up about 1 MB, at most, of space so it would kind of be a waste to use a 32GB SD card (that's what I'm using now) for only 1 MB of files. I was using my 32GB SD card for my Wii and I have an extra 4GB SD card laying around so I was wondering if I can use the smaller SD card without any negative implications. I'm sure there might be some compatibility issues, which is why none of the guides I've read ever mentions or recommends the use of a smaller SD card. Thanks in advance!