Can i update my Wii U to 5.5.6 with Haxchi

Erencikefe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I installed haxchi on my Wii U in 2019 or something, and i last updated it in 2021 by accident to 5.5.5. I want to use Pretendo to play online games and i did this to my New 3DS and i can safely play Mario Kart 7 online and i want to do the same thing to my Wii U. However i see many diferent topics about 5.5.6 firmware update. Tiramisu aroma mocha etc. which are names have never heard of. Will my Haxchi cfw will be gone if i update my console to 5.5.6? It's not Coldboot Haxchi, i'm sure. It's normal Haxchi. Do i need to remove Haxchi and install Tiramisu whatever? Or is it absolutely safe for me to update it to 5.5.6? Nothing was happened when i installed 5.5.5 on my Wii U which scared the crap outta me because i did it accidentally. Thanks.

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
You can update but you will have to re-run haxchi manually and reinstall cold boot haxchi. That's what I did initially. I ended up just going to Tiramisu just because it's faster.

Erencikefe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can update but you will have to re-run haxchi manually and reinstall cold boot haxchi. That's what I did initially. I ended up just going to Tiramisu just because it's faster.
I am used to using haxchi, manually using it and all. I never bothered with cbhc because even on homebrew channel it said something like this can brick your system. So i just used haxchi. And what even is tiramisu? Another way of hacking your console? And if so, can i convert my haxchi to tiramisu?

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I am used to using haxchi, manually using it and all. I never bothered with cbhc because even on homebrew channel it said something like this can brick your system. So i just used haxchi. And what even is tiramisu? Another way of hacking your console? And if so, can i convert my haxchi to tiramisu?
Tiramisu is basically haxchi + coldboot haxchi.

It's better than the 2 due to:

1. Free
2. Faster to boot
3. No chance of bricking due to stupidity or bad luck (erasing the DS game, DS game got corrupted)
4. Can change Tiramisu to Aroma (mostly useful if you have a Japanese Wii U running western games)

If you want to convert, it will be easy since you don't have cooldbot haxchi.

You literally just copy files then go to a website and follow instructions then delete haxchi. Check the wii U guide for the actual steps.

Erencikefe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tiramisu is basically haxchi + coldboot haxchi.

It's better than the 2 due to:

1. Free
2. Faster to boot
3. No chance of bricking due to stupidity or bad luck (erasing the DS game, DS game got corrupted)
4. Can change Tiramisu to Aroma (mostly useful if you have a Japanese Wii U running western games)

If you want to convert, it will be easy since you don't have cooldbot haxchi.

You literally just copy files then go to a website and follow instructions then delete haxchi. Check the wii U guide for the actual steps.
I installed Aroma, thank you.

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto