Status
Not open for further replies.

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess that there is currently no way to have Luma3DS to run on a 11.0.0-33E O3DS ? I read that most of the *hax are still working, but I also read that nothing past 10.7 can run a CFW so... I'm confused here ^^'

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess that there is currently no way to have Luma3DS to run on a 11.0.0-33E O3DS ? I read that most of the *hax are still working, but I also read that nothing past 10.7 can run a CFW so... I'm confused here ^^'
There is no way other than to get a hardmod or have another 3DS with CFW. There is no other way.

natinusala

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There is no way other than to get a hardmod or have another 3DS with CFW. There is no other way.
I do have another 3DS, currently running a Gateway EmuNAND using their browserhax (go.gateway.com). I did play around with RxTools to install FBI and some GBA games on SysNAND but that's all. Would there be a way to downgrade the 11.0.0-33E one (which is my brother's) using the "hacked" one ? I guess I'll have to upgrade my... methods, as it's been a long time since I didn't really use it (hence the old browser entry point, I read some new interesting stuff such as menuhax, themehax or A9LH but never tried those).

There is however a few points that I would like to make sure of before jumping in : are the games and savegames going to be conserved ? I ask that because the 9.2 -> 4.5 downgrade would corrupt the saves. Also, is the online working if I install and update the EmuNAND ? Is it still needed to have a private header on the CIAs ?

Sorry for all these questions, I really appreciate the help ^^

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have another 3DS, currently running a Gateway EmuNAND using their browserhax (go.gateway.com). I did play around with RxTools to install FBI and some GBA games on SysNAND but that's all. Would there be a way to downgrade the 11.0.0-33E one (which is my brother's) using the "hacked" one ? I guess I'll have to upgrade my... methods, as it's been a long time since I didn't really use it (hence the old browser entry point, I read some new interesting stuff such as menuhax, themehax or A9LH but never tried those).

There is however a few points that I would like to make sure of before jumping in : are the games and savegames going to be conserved ? I ask that because the 9.2 -> 4.5 downgrade would corrupt the saves. Also, is the online working if I install and update the EmuNAND ? Is it still needed to have a private header on the CIAs ?

Sorry for all these questions, I really appreciate the help ^^
Do not use rxTools, it's horribly outdated. I also wouldn't recommend using Gateway emuNAND. Switch to Luma3DS as it's being updated on a somewhat regular basis. To downgrade the 11.0 system, follow this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

CIAs do not need a private header because they have their own. If you update you're emuNAND (after switching to Luma3DS), you can use online functions with no problem.

natinusala

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay, thanks for the explanations. I use the Gateway emuNAND the Gateway itself. I know that's its purpose is shrinking but I still have some ROMs on it so I still use it (I bought it as soon as I saw the 9.2 exploit released, without knowing that it would become useless two weeks afterwards).

Hyaritsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I wanted to redo my cfw on my 3ds but have no idea what was on it or how to fresh install luma3ds or any of that, is someone available to assist some how in the process? :D

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
So I wanted to redo my cfw on my 3ds but have no idea what was on it or how to fresh install luma3ds or any of that, is someone available to assist some how in the process? :D
To redo the fw just delete its file off the SD card and put the new one on there. If you want to remove all the games and shit runs system format

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
This is surprising. This is supposedly noob proof, but I don't see any info. on how to use emunand or much of anything for that matter. I'm gonna try RXTools, Thanks anyway.
Really....... It will auto boot to your emunand if your SD card has one. I guess noob friendly and too lazy to take a sec to read friendly are 2 diff things

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Hyaritsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To redo the fw just delete its file off the SD card and put the new one on there. If you want to remove all the games and shit runs system format
That's the thing I don't know what is currently on there or whats safe to delete and all that

FirstLady

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really....... It will auto boot to your emunand if your SD card has one. I guess noob friendly and too lazy to take a sec to read friendly are 2 diff things
Well I don't have an Emunand and there's very little direction given in this thread. But no worries I found some promising guides, because I'm not freaken lazy. In fact I have like 20 browser tabs open right now trying to figure this shit out *facepalm*.

But anyways, Noob proof... my ass, Yo!!! ;-)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Has Luma3DS Development of new features stopped?
There's really not much more that can be added, which is also why stable updates have slowed.
She's also currently working a mini-CFW A9LH project as well.
She's just one person taking on these projects and these kinds of comments are helping her, they're just pressuring her more. Please be considerate and just be patient.
This is surprising. This is supposedly noob proof, but I don't see any info. on how to use emunand or much of anything for that matter. I'm gonna try RXTools, Thanks anyway.
RXtools is grossly out of date, please don't use it when there are plenty of other options for more up to date CFW's.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/

Last edited by The Catboy,

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Well I don't have an Emunand and there's very little direction given in this thread. But no worries I found some promising guides, because I'm not freaken lazy. In fact I have like 20 browser tabs open right now trying to figure this shit out *facepalm*.

But anyways, Noob proof... my ass, Yo!!! ;-)
The wiki is in the first post..........

FirstLady

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Are you freaken serious? The reason why I need to set up an Emunand is because as far I know, I don't even have one. And besides that, I barely even know what the 1337 terms mean, but you assume I do? SMH

Etc. Etc.

You're a moron :P

Edit: Let me just include this. I already tried using Luma via the wiki directions 2 days ago. It booted to home menu and I didn't see any options that you're on about, and I don't know where these different *nands are supposed to be, or even if they exist??? Lol

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Removed quote -rp

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Are you freaken serious? The reason why I need to set up an Emunand is because as far I know, I don't even have one. And besides that, I barely even know what the 1337 terms mean, but you assume I do? SMH

Etc. Etc.

You're a moron :P
First of all, I just edited my post when I spent a few extra minutes trying to really studying your posts. Your lack of understanding in terms and lashing out in the wrong thread confused me. Admittedly I was hostel and I apologise for that. Regardless, the information you are looking for you will not find in this thread. Luma3DS is intended for after you've finished setting up your 3DS to be ready for a CFW. So information on setting up an emuNAND will not be found here.
Sorry I got shitty with you, it seemed more like you were running Luma3DS on your sysNAND or already had everything set up. Still, your direction should be these two guides
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...s-full-menuhax-rednand-autoboot-setup.432499/
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Once you have everything set up, you should be good to go to start running Luma3DS.
Once again, I do apologise for my rudeness.
I see too many trolls, it's hard to tell people legit asking for help from the trolls.
Word of advice, if you need help, try not to attack the project outright to get it. For best results, be nice or people will just assume you are being a troll. I am sorry I lashed out against you, that was not the right direction for me to go in either, but I am human and I can get emotional too. So if do have any questions not related to Luma3DS, such as setting up an emuNAND, I suggest this thread
https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.359035/
Great place, tons of information, always helpful. Or you can shoot a PM to anyone willing to help. I am always willing to help as well.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: pbanj and FirstLady

FirstLady

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, I just edited my post when I spent a few extra minutes trying to really studying your posts. Your lack of understanding in terms and lashing out in the wrong thread confused me. Admittedly I was hostel and I apologise for that. Regardless, the information you are looking for you will not find in this thread. Luma3DS is intended for after you've finished setting up your 3DS to be ready for a CFW. So information on setting up an emuNAND will not be found here.
Sorry I got shitty with you, it seemed more like you were running Luma3DS on your sysNAND or already had everything set up. Still, your direction should be these two guides
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...s-full-menuhax-rednand-autoboot-setup.432499/
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Once you have everything set up, you should be good to go to start running Luma3DS.
Once again, I do apologise for my rudeness.

That's very helpful. :)

Thanks a lot, I also apologize. :(

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That's very helpful. :)

Thanks a lot, I also apologize. :(
I added a bit more information to my post to be a bit more helpful. Again, I am not always a bitch, I am however a very passionate person, so I tend to get emotional. Still not an excuse to being rude so I hope we can put that transgression in the past and help push you in the right direction. My legit suggestion when dealing with issues like this is to seriously first check out the 3DS NOOB PARADISE thread. Also if you are confused about 3DS terms, we have a thread for that as well
https://gbatemp.net/threads/glossary-of-common-3ds-hacking-terms.414430/
If you need help, just be respectful and ask, people tend to react better that way :P Once you get everything set up, we will be more than willing to make sure your Luma3DS setup is running properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up