Country
Antarctica

unknownnumber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, if you went through until the end, it means you don't have an EmuNAND anymore, and you are just using the system NAND. That's something important to understand and remember.

Didn't know that.
So, doing everything here (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki) means that there's no emunand anymore. When I boot my system I'm automatically in Luma.
So, there's no sysnand anymore as well I guess? Will there ever be a reason to use an unmodified 3ds again?
Because, afaik I can update my firmware via the system settings like normal, I can update Luma via the "Luma updater" on my homescreen and I can access e-shop for downloading
patches for my legit cartdriges?

crissyfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't know that.
So, doing everything here (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki) means that there's no emunand anymore. When I boot my system I'm automatically in Luma.
So, there's no sysnand anymore as well I guess? Will there ever be a reason to use an unmodified 3ds again?
Because, afaik I can update my firmware via the system settings like normal, I can update Luma via the "Luma updater" on my homescreen and I can access e-shop for downloading
patches for my legit cartdriges?
everything you would do on the emunand you can do with your haxxed sysnand.

FirstLady

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added a bit more information to my post to be a bit more helpful. Again, I am not always a bitch, I am however a very passionate person, so I tend to get emotional. Still not an excuse to being rude so I hope we can put that transgression in the past and help push you in the right direction. My legit suggestion when dealing with issues like this is to seriously first check out the 3DS NOOB PARADISE thread. Also if you are confused about 3DS terms, we have a thread for that as well
https://gbatemp.net/threads/glossary-of-common-3ds-hacking-terms.414430/
If you need help, just be respectful and ask, people tend to react better that way :P Once you get everything set up, we will be more than willing to make sure your Luma3DS setup is running properly.

Thank you very much. I had success with the Plailect Guide on my o3ds. I'm very happy now. :)

Reactions: The Catboy

unknownnumber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will there ever be a reason to use an unmodified 3ds again?
Because, afaik I can update my firmware via the system settings like normal, I can update Luma via the "Luma updater" on my homescreen and I can access e-shop for downloading patches for my legit cartdriges?

Can someone answer this?

Something else: I keep getting the "003-2101" errorcode when connecting to the internet (worked for months) and after asking Nintendo if I'm banned or something and they said "nope, not banned sir" I wanna format my 3ds.
What happens if I use tiny format? Do I have to re-install luma and everthing from here -> https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki ?

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Can someone answer this?

Something else: I keep getting the "003-2101" errorcode when connecting to the internet (worked for months) and after asking Nintendo if I'm banned or something and they said "nope, not banned sir" I wanna format my 3ds.
What happens if I use tiny format? Do I have to re-install luma and everthing from here -> https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki ?

why tiny format? If you really want to clean up your system just format your system from system setting option. On both way you will lost games, saves and friends list. So you have to back up your all saves and some files (w/o Nintendo folder) before format your 3ds.

And, Tinyformat will not delete your SD card contents but you will lost access right for the games and saves. so, using tinyformat is pointless.

unknownnumber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, so I'll just use the system format then.
I don't have to go through all this (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki) again? I also don't have any games or saves I wanna back up. Only my retail pokemon cartridge.

After format my Nintendo-health-icon will still be FBI and I can just re-install all my .cia as usual?

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thanks, so I'll just use the system format then.
I don't have to go through all this (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki) again? I also don't have any games or saves I wanna back up. Only my retail pokemon cartridge.

After format my Nintendo-health-icon will still be FBI and I can just re-install all my .cia as usual?

Yes! you do not have to.
Yes you can install any cias but make sure you have entry point to boot cfw. eg) a9lh or something.

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Sometimes when I press that Home Menu Settings button where you can change theme, etc—it crashes the Home menu. I cannot exactly remember the popup text. When I press OK, it just refreshes the icons and I can successfully enter that menu after that.
I've tried the latest houly and the stable version, happens to both. N3DSXL, latest firmware SysNAND.
Why is it happening? Is there a way to fix this?

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes when I press that Home Menu Settings button where you can change theme, etc—it crashes the Home menu. I cannot exactly remember the popup text. When I press OK, it just refreshes the icons and I can successfully enter that menu after that.
I've tried the latest houly and the stable version, happens to both. N3DSXL, latest firmware SysNAND.
Why is it happening? Is there a way to fix this?
Did you happen to have menuhax installed prior? It may be causing an issue. Try running the installer and telling it to uninstall

Reactions: octopus

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Did you happen to have menuhax installed prior? It may be causing an issue. Try running the installer and telling it to uninstall
I followed Plailect’s guide on a fresh console, so... I guess? Thanks for the tip!
It does not crash all the time, just seemingly random.

Shadow_man7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm kind of overwhelmed with my 3DS setup. Maybe it is not that difficult but I can't find solution.
I have HombrewLauncher stetup on coldbot and was using Reinand. I updated to Luma3DS. I was hoping to play Virtual Console games, but I'm getting Error message. I don't know if I have any bootloader or not. I was playing around with pathchanger, but I don't understand where should I change path of Luma3DS.bin (I have it in root directory, I tried just type Luma3DS.bin). Didn't worked. What am I doing wrong?

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey I'm using latest nightly luma ( updated with startupdated), I'm trying to update Citizenf of Earth Game via e-shop but it says "I need to connect to the internet and perform system update" What might be causing this?

Thelostrune

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey I'm using latest nightly luma ( updated with startupdated), I'm trying to update Citizenf of Earth Game via e-shop but it says "I need to connect to the internet and perform system update" What might be causing this?
There was a new update, STILL 11.0, browser update I believe. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but that's what I know.

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Sorry if this was asked before, but how can I get a Gateway blue card to work on Luma 5.5? (system 11.0 EU) I've read that since 5.2(?), installing a custom DS cart whitelist can result in a brick.

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm kind of overwhelmed with my 3DS setup. Maybe it is not that difficult but I can't find solution.
I have HombrewLauncher stetup on coldbot and was using Reinand. I updated to Luma3DS. I was hoping to play Virtual Console games, but I'm getting Error message. I don't know if I have any bootloader or not. I was playing around with pathchanger, but I don't understand where should I change path of Luma3DS.bin (I have it in root directory, I tried just type Luma3DS.bin). Didn't worked. What am I doing wrong?

OK, so you have a9lh installed 3ds. pathchanger is not so difficult to use.
Just drag and drop the bin file to pathchanger.exe then type path.

For example, if you put arm9loaderhax.bin in the Luma folder, "Luma/arm9loaderhax.bin" or "/Luma/arm9loaderhax.bin" I forgot which one correct, I'm sorry. If you put root of SD card You do not need to modify.

another way is setup SDK and modify reboot.s line 84.

Shadow_man7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
OK, so you have a9lh installed 3ds. pathchanger is not so difficult to use.
Just drag and drop the bin file to pathchanger.exe then type path.

For example, if you put arm9loaderhax.bin in the Luma folder, "Luma/arm9loaderhax.bin" or "/Luma/arm9loaderhax.bin" I forgot which one correct, I'm sorry. If you put root of SD card You do not need to modify.

another way is setup SDK and modify reboot.s line 84.

Thank you fo answer :) I'm not sure if I have a9lh (should I have any folder associated with it?) I was modifying my N3DS around February. With this this guide. I think I have CtrBootManager (auto.3dsx file) Then what should I do with pathchanger to make it compatible?

Last edited by Shadow_man7,

crissyfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, i am sorry if this has been mentioned but i am not reading through 700 pages, i have been finding a bug with ds games. for some reason sometime with ds games in the game slot luma freezes then gets stuck on a black screen on boot. this has happened with 2 legit ds games and a few different ds flash carts. my theory is its something to do with ds mode and not actually recognizing the sd card anymore.
still need help with this plz :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch