Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thank you fo answer :) I'm not sure if I have a9lh (should I have any folder associated with it?) I was modifying my N3DS around February. With this this guide. I think I have CtrBootManager (auto.3dsx file) Then what should I do with pathchanger to make it compatible?
um.... you looks using homeberw method to boot CFW, I guess. So.. put luma.dat on the root of SD card and done!
You have to modify boot manager config file but, I totally forgot how to setup that. Please ask how to setup on the proper thread.

Dedrawde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hallo guys,

Me and my sister are trying to install Monster Hunter in our old3DS, but I'm not a very experienced girl with all this stuff, and I would need your help ;_;

I have an o3DS with Luma3ds. When I turn on the console, I have the Homebrew Launcher, and there I select Luma. I have also the BrowserHax and HomeMenuHax.
I installed Monster Hunter 4 with FBI, but an error is reported and I have to restart.

I read that I must disable a boot loader. How could I do that guys? I'm totally lost...sorry If there is already an answer...help is appreciated ;_;

Thank you very much,

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hallo guys,

Me and my sister are trying to install Monster Hunter in our old3DS, but I'm not a very experienced girl with all this stuff, and I would need your help ;_;

I have an o3DS with Luma3ds. When I turn on the console, I have the Homebrew Launcher, and there I select Luma. I have also the BrowserHax and HomeMenuHax.
I installed Monster Hunter 4 with FBI, but an error is reported and I have to restart.

I read that I must disable a boot loader. How could I do that guys? I'm totally lost...sorry If there is already an answer...help is appreciated ;_;

Thank you very much,
Just use the pathchanger on lumas arm9loaderhax.bin.

You can find the path changer in the luma download and you can see how to use pathchanger in the wiki in the first post. It's all really simple you'll see

Dedrawde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just use the pathchanger on lumas arm9loaderhax.bin.

You can find the path changer in the luma download and you can see how to use pathchanger in the wiki in the first post. It's all really simple you'll see

Thank you for your answer! But I'm not getting it. I attached a pic of my current SD files.

http://imgur.com/T47JOwC

So, the thing I did: I copy/paste the pathchanger folder and arm9loaderhax.bin to my SD from the file I downloaded (I didn't have then, as you can see in the pic)

I opened the bin with pathchanger, I wrote the path of the bin (for me was D:\arm9loaderhax.bin), and then nothing more! The program closed, I put again the SD on the 3DS...but the program still doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong? I really appreciate you help and time!

Greetings :3

Last edited by Dedrawde,

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for your answer! But I'm not getting it. I attached a pic of my current SD files.

http://imgur.com/T47JOwC

So, the thing I did: I copy/paste the pathchanger folder and arm9loaderhax.bin to my SD from the file I downloaded (I didn't have then, as you can see in the pic)

I opened the bin with pathchanger, I wrote the path of the bin (for me was D:\arm9loaderhax.bin), and then nothing more! The program closed, I put again the SD on the 3DS...but the program still doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong? I really appreciate you help and time!

Greetings :3
If your using menuhax which it seems you are then you don't need to do anything with any arm9loaderhax.bin, sorry about the bad advice. You need to use the pathchanger on Luma.dat

Run pathchanger again and set it to where your .dat file is and let me know

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
Hello
Sorry to ask it if it's been asked before 716 pages are bit to much to read one by one i did fast research doesn't seem to find something ^^

Does with this cfw (I use it every days as main cfw btw)
Does this have Layered FS system?
To modify a game on the fly ?
If yes how does it work ? ^^
I have one set with NTR but it require reboot everytime I boot different game or apps that pretty annoying for test :)

Thank you and sorry if it's been asked :)

Shadow_man7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If your using menuhax which it seems you are then you don't need to do anything with any arm9loaderhax.bin, sorry about the bad advice. You need to use the pathchanger on Luma.dat

Thank you :) I think you semi-resolved my problem as well. I wanted to do the same here. I was asking few posts before. In my case I wanted to play VC games which needs use of pathchanger too. Thing with .bin file didn't worked but with .dat something definitely happened. Instead of error message I got completely black screen (lighted up). I don't know maybe that I set to show GBA Advance logo on start in Luma3DS settings causing it? Do you know how to bring back those settings again?

Okay I found those settings (Hold Select while booting) but disabling GBA logo didn't help. I don't know why I'm getting black screen.

Last edited by Shadow_man7,

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you :) I think you semi-resolved my problem as well. I wanted to do the same here. I was asking few posts before. In my case I wanted to play VC games which needs use of pathchanger too. Thing with .bin file didn't worked but with .dat something definitely happened. Instead of error message I got completely black screen (lighted up). I don't know maybe that I set to show GBA Advance logo on start in Luma3DS settings causing it? Do you know how to bring back those settings again?

Okay I found those settings (Hold Select while booting) but disabling GBA logo didn't help. I don't know why I'm getting black screen.
Do you use emunand? If yes then you still have to install the game to sysnand and emunand to play

Shadow_man7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Do you use emunand? If yes then you still have to install the game to sysnand and emunand to play
I figured it out few minutes ago, but I don't know how to install .cia to sysnand. I don't have FBI installed in sysnand. I was hoping that I could install from browserhax ---> FBI (from HomebrewLauncher) but it gives me an error Install Failed! Summary_Invalid_Argument (0x07)

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured it out few minutes ago, but I don't know how to install .cia to sysnand. I don't have FBI installed in sysnand. I was hoping that I could install from browserhax ---> FBI (from HomebrewLauncher) but it gives me an error Install Failed! Summary_Invalid_Argument (0x07)
Use Decrypt9 to inject FBI into your sysNAND's Health and Safety, the same thing you did before for emuNAND.

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your going to have to install it in a hacked state of sysnand. Download minipasta cfw (google it) it is a 3dsx so place it in the 3ds folder for use with homebrew launcher. then launch sysnand , run homebrew launcher, run minipasta,

It will reboot so make sure to be holding whatever button to make sure your booting back into sysnand!!

Then run homebrew launcher again and run FBI. This time everything will work.

Ps. I suggest also installing FBI.cia to sysnand homemenu so that next time you run minipasta you can just run FBI again with homebrew launcher the second time

Shadow_man7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Your going to have to install it in a hacked state of sysnand. Download minipasta cfw (google it) it is a 3dsx so place it in the 3ds folder for use with homebrew launcher. then launch sysnand , run homebrew launcher, run minipasta,

It will reboot so make sure to be holding whatever button to make sure your booting back into sysnand!!

Then run homebrew launcher again and run FBI. This time everything will work.

Ps. I suggest also installing FBI.cia to sysnand homemenu so that next time you run minipasta you can just run FBI again with homebrew launcher the second time
I wanted to have one thing clear I have to install this .cia to SD card from Sysnand perspective? Not NAND? I did that thing with minipasta (I already got it on my 3DS just forgot how this works) and installed the same .cia to SD card from FBI and still black screen from Emunand but when I try to start it up with Sysnand I got Error/reset console ect. I have not clue what didn't worked this time.

Dedrawde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Nothing :(( These are the steps I made:

1. i copied the pathchanger folder to my SD.
2. I drag Luma3DS.dat to the pathchanger program.
3. I write the path. My SD is D:\. I tried with: D:\Luma3DS.dat (as you can see in my pic, I have it in my root)
4. Press enter and try the SD again in my console.

I get the same error ;_; I think, maybe am I writing the path wrongly?

I'll keep trying...

Shadow_man7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nothing :(( These are the steps I made:

1. i copied the pathchanger folder to my SD.
2. I drag Luma3DS.dat to the pathchanger program.
3. I write the path. My SD is D:\. I tried with: D:\Luma3DS.dat (as you can see in my pic, I have it in my root)
4. Press enter and try the SD again in my console.

I get the same error ;_; I think, maybe am I writing the path wrongly?

I'll keep trying...
I think the proper command for root directory (your case) is typing just Luma3DS.dat and hit enter. I did that and something worked for me (VC games, got blackscreen instead of error).

MagicalChocolate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask.. I am a total noob to this luma3ds and cfw and all that. What is an ARN? On this installation page of luma3ds it says
Upgrading from ARN x.x or older to Luma3DS

I don't know what that means?? What ARN version is my 3DS on? How do I check?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I get a black screen on boot. I just got homebrew two days ago. I haven't downgraded or used any of the other tools yet.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask.. I am a total noob to this luma3ds and cfw and all that. What is an ARN? On this installation page of luma3ds it says
Upgrading from ARN x.x or older to Luma3DS

I don't know what that means?? What ARN version is my 3DS on? How do I check?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I get a black screen on boot. I just got homebrew two days ago. I haven't downgraded or used any of the other tools yet.
If you're on 11.0, you have to get a hardmod or find someone with a 3DS with CFW or arm9loaderhax in order to downgrade and set up Luma3DS. If you just have homebrew, you can't set this up at all until you do the two things I mentioned.

angpau

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I just installed luma3ds and everything works fine except the 3d function is always on, even if the 3d slider is all the way down.
And the red thing on the camera is always on too. How do I turn the 3d off? Is this an error?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4