GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello !

I've been completly out of the loop for a while now(last time I booted up my 3DS was when Rxtool was something new)

I have a 4.5 3ds and a blank SD card. I've been reading a few tutorial to get arm9loaderhax going, but they often start at the 9.2 firmware. Should I update to that and start from here, or can I directly start from 4.5 ?
Plailect's guide tells you how to upgrade to 9.2 iirc.

thepieddragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! My friend has been having a bit of an issue with his 3DS ever since I've installed Luma3DS on Sysnand for him, and we've been unable to find any sort of precedent for this problem on the current version of the CFW. We're not certain that this is a problem with the CFW itself; my own as well as my mother's New3DS work just fine with the CFW and we have had next to zero problems with them since installation. However my friend's 3DS keeps completely locking up when playing 3DS titles installed onto the SD card. Curiously, however, this never happens when he's playing virtual console titles. Furthermore, once the game locks up and he turns the console off, he is unable to boot back into the system menu until he power-cycles the system several times and/or her takes out the SD card and reinserts it. Locking up also appears to happen a lot quicker when attempting to play online for some reason. His 3DS is an original model, black 3DS bought at launch, and the CFW was set up as per Plailect's own guide to install a CFW to Sysnand using arm9loaderhax. I have a sneaking suspicion that this may be a hardware issue, but as myself and my friend are on opposite sides of the continent, I have no way of testing this without having to deal with shipping and handling. So before we panic, has anyone here had this problem before, or know of a solution?

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is there any reason there hasnt been an official build in 2 months? I know there are "nightly" builds, but Id rather update to major releases that are done officially.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@Aurora Wright
I might've found a bug, but I need confirmation from someone else with 9.2 sysnand.

Last version I used of this cfw was 5.1.1 (which was the last version of Aurei at the time I believe). Anyway, had a brick for a while, and just got it fixed today and am in the process of updating everything, including getting luma up to the latest version.

Anyway, the problem is, browser exploits dont seem to work anymore on 9.2 (autobooting sysnand without holding any button should load 9.2 firm, correct?)

All I can say for sure that it worked fine on 5.1.1, but doesnt seem to be working now. I'd appreciate if you can look into this

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Aurora Wright
I might've found a bug, but I need confirmation from someone else with 9.2 sysnand.

Last version I used of this cfw was 5.1.1 (which was the last version of Aurei at the time I believe). Anyway, had a brick for a while, and just got it fixed today and am in the process of updating everything, including getting luma up to the latest version.

Anyway, the problem is, browser exploits dont seem to work anymore on 9.2 (autobooting sysnand without holding any button should load 9.2 firm, correct?)

All I can say for sure that it worked fine on 5.1.1, but doesnt seem to be working now. I'd appreciate if you can look into this
Why would u boot browserhax to boot back to sysNand?

VioletX

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it normal that sysNAND is booting when i hold select while booting the console?
Thought it would boot into the luma3ds settings

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any reason there hasnt been an official build in 2 months? I know there are "nightly" builds, but Id rather update to major releases that are done officially.
My guess would be that it's because there haven't been any major features added as far as I can tell, mostly bug fixes. I'm not Aurora though, so I wouldn't know for sure.

Reactions: gnmmarechal
D

Deleted User

Jp cia won't work on US console if I try to boot it from the menu, but it works with HANS fine. :/ Should I just try updating Luma3DS and see if it works?

D

Deleted User

I updated to 5.5, still nothing. Then I updated to the latest hourly as of writing this, and the title would still fail to launch.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has probably been asked before, but with 700+ pages I'm not overly inclined to scour through them all.

Is there something specific I need to do to get my gateway blue card working again?

Was using MenuHax to load ReiNand prior to using Plailect's guide to set up A9LH and Luma this morning. I know before I had to install a spoofed version of the DS Cart Whitelist, do I still need that for the blue card to work in Luma?

Currently retail DS and 3DS cards work fine, but the blue card is not recognized and randomly causes the home menu to freeze when inserted.

Never mind. Reinstalling the original, unspoofed, version of the Whitelist seems to allow things to work normally. Makes sense considering the auto-patching nature of Luma3DS.

Last edited by Aroth,

FirstLady

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is surprising. This is supposedly noob proof, but I don't see any info. on how to use emunand or much of anything for that matter. I'm gonna try RXTools, Thanks anyway.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is surprising. This is supposedly noob proof, but I don't see any info. on how to use emunand or much of anything for that matter. I'm gonna try RXTools, Thanks anyway.
What is your 3DS firmware version?

rxTools is HORRIBLY outdated. It's not recommended for anyone to use it at all unless they are doing Plailect's guide and are on a low firmware version.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,
Reactions: gnmmarechal

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's funny, cause when I got to the op and click on that link that takes you to the wiki on how to use this there is all kinds of info on how to set this up and other useful information.

Reactions: Redferne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1