• Start date
  • Views 8,663
  • Replies 60
D

Deleted_171835

OP
icon11.gif
Source

In other news, he gave Modern Warfare 3 a 9.5/10 for it's innovative and original gameplay.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, people get so crazy over reviews. It's an opinion of one person.
Go ahead and keep raging, it just brings their site views through the roof.

This isn't directed towards anyone specific, just people in general.

More on topic, isn't Mario Kart getting a little stale now?
Needs a storyline.
Just kidding.

inb4nintendoaddsastoryline

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meanwhile, IGN gave it a 9/10

http://ds.ign.com/articles/121/1213485p1.html

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In other news, he gave Modern Warfare 3 a 9.5/10 for it's innovative and original gameplay.

o you

anyway game like minecraft get a 10/10 in this world and not surprise by this one bit

edit
o is Jim Sterling well his reviews are like this so that he gets hits on his website

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even budget kart racers like Jimmie Johnson's Anything With An Engine are faster and more exciting than this.

Oh my god I lol'd pretty hard. Side note, that game also got a higher score than Mario Kart 7 (6/10 compared to 5/10).

Some of the points here are solid but the review itself is kinda more "trollish" than anything else.

Reactions: 1 person

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
He did say that 5/10 from him is the equivalent of 7/10 on other blogs, which just goes to show numbered review scores these days are bullshit.

A lot of people bash COD or Battlefield (or FIFA or [insert populare franchise title here]) games for being "same old crap with prettier graphics" and "beating a dead horse" and "milking it" and people that buy them are "brainless fanboys"... well. It goes both ways.

AkiroWolfman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that Nintendo sticking to what works for them does work for them. Hear what I have to say, I have stopped playing things like WWE and Call of Duty because they mostly don't improve anything in the case of Modern Warfare or else they change the control style but nothing else like in WWE. On the other hand Nintendo releases a new Mario Kart game once every 4 years or there of. This gives them a chance to think of new things instead of the same old thing over and over again. Its one of the things that I like about Elder Scrolls and Skyrim does not dissapoint.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that Nintendo sticking to what works for them does work for them. Hear what I have to say, I have stopped playing things like WWE and Call of Duty because they mostly don't improve anything in the case of Modern Warfare or else they change the control style but nothing else like in WWE. On the other hand Nintendo releases a new Mario Kart game once every 4 years or there of. This gives them a chance to think of new things instead of the same old thing over and over again. Its one of the things that I like about Elder Scrolls and Skyrim does not dissapoint.

The issue here is that people are finding that it doesn't add enough to make it worth playing again.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 was hardly a great leap forward from Super Mario Galaxy. An excellent game and arguably the best 3D platformer ever made? Absolutely. But different at its heart? No.

If anything I'd think that releasing a game in a series every four years and having it still fundamentally the same as the last game in its series is a lot worse than releasing a game every year that isn't too different.

In the end, what makes a game like Mario Kart different from Call of Duty? They both stick to the standard principles of the series, but each game is basically the same, just with different maps, weapons, and modes. Is the difference that CoD is annual and Mario Kart isn't? Is the difference that everyone sees Activision as the hellspawn of gaming while Nintendo is the godsend?

I'm not saying that this whole formula of sticking to principles and switching around the content and adding stuff isn't bad, I'm just saying that people give a lot of flack to games like Call of Duty but other games that have the same principle are given a pass.

Reactions: 4 people

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just like pokemon, get 8 badges, beat elite four, hunt for rare pokemon, etc...
The story might be different, but it still the same thing, and people still buy it. That means, game like this won't change very much until it don't sell so well.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember, his 5 just means indifference; the game isn't really bad or good and didn't manage to leave much of an impact.

I'm not sure I entirely agree, but he does make some good points. It's kind of a shame that a lot of those will get drowned out in the "He gave Mario Kart 7 a what?" flamewars that it's guaranteed to spark.

junkerde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
agreed. its becuz its just another mario kart game. woopdee doo new karts and new levels........nothing else has changed. same with mw3 and mw2

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From the review:

"Rubber banding and fixed races are still an integral part of every course,"

What a load of shit. I remember lapping opponents in previous MK titles. Does this genius understand what rubber banding is ? That is a god damn lie. This alone obliterates this guy's credibility entirely.

"Even series like Dynasty Warriors and Madden boast fresher features with each iteration than those found in Mario Kart 7,"

WHAT A LOAD, Dynasty Warriors doesn't change SHIT, this guy is just being a dick (from my understanding, Madden does have significant "fresher features" every so often so I won't speak on that)

"You also can't quit out of the game during a certain point in matchmaking, instead having to turn the entire 3DS off if you want to stop. Which is convenient."

Well no shit asshole, that will discourage rage quitters OBVIOUSLY. Oh, I guess that's a bad thing in this idiot's brain.

Under his bio: "Likes PS2, iPod Touch, Silent Hill 2, Metal Gear Solid, Dynasty Warriors 3"

WHAT A GOON, he jerks off over fucking DYNASTY WARRIORS ? ? ? ? ? That series redefines "retread." And this guy redefines "retard."

Reactions: 5 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It is mothers day I need to give @BigOnYa's wife a call
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    And your own @SylverReZ ?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I know who I need to call. :ninja:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ghostbusters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    "Hello, this the feds?"
    +1
    Go ahead. I think there's a phone at my mums grave :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lucky
    +1
    I think we buried mum still sitting on the Lode 🚽 :unsure:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You aren't British
    +1
    Aye mate
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because you drive on the wrong side of the road
    +1
    :rofl2: We built the cars first. Ask Mr Ford :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No the brits did they figured out horse power first
    Everyone else is just Knock-offs :tpi:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how much damage a horse would do to modern cars
    There ya go. always thinking Negative. :sad:
  • Wholesome @ Wholesome:
    hamburger
    Hot Dogs 🌭 🌭
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: Come to think of it, I might make 🌭 for lunch today. A change of pace :) With chili, cheese, onions, relish n mustard :D
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    who'd be angrier if we pinged them, juan or leo?
    +1
    Juan
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Someone has to delete Leo's thread to make him angry
    +2
    [awaits for him to notice something] :blush::ha::evil:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back