"Call of Duty" servers for the 360-era games have been fixed, some with 100k+ players online

multi-e1592505156923.jpg

Gamers that played during the 7th generation of video game consoles (which included the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii), would most likely remember the craze that was Call of Duty back in the day. With the chaotic matches and a good variety of online multiplayer modes in Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2, to the Black Ops series that are still on-going today, the experience that was playing an online match in any of those titles was one for the ages, with all the mom-calling by 5 year olds included of course.

Sadly, the servers for many of the titles previous to the 8 generation of consoles were offline for quite some years, leaving only the most recent titles to be playable online. However, due to the whole discussion and on-going arrangements regarding Microsoft acquiring Activision, it seems like one of the involved parties in the merger have fixed the servers, and players wanting to relive their beloved days of getting roasted by kiddos can do so right now.

Titles such as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2 & 3, haven't confirmed if 1 works), Black Ops 1 & 2 can be played online back again thanks to the server fixes (with many people have citing it's thanks to Microsoft pushing for a fix to the servers instead of Activision, but it remains to be confirmed). The games can be played on the original Xbox 360, but they can also be played on Xbox One consoles and through the latest Xbox Series consoles as well through their classics service, though some players have been experiencing input delays when playing through the Series consoles.

Almost all of the CoD titles are currently seeing thousands and thousands of players online, with the least amount being around 8k to 10k for titles like Black Ops 2 and Modern Warfare 3, to the incredible number of 70k up to above 100k players online for Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops 1, respectively.

It's likely that Microsoft is re-enabling these servers ahead of their Activision merger and in preparation of said games appearing on their Game Pass service, but it's all speculation at the moment.
If you have that soft spot for the older CoD titles that the newers ones just cannot match, be sure to jump right back into these titles to relive those great moments from back in the early 2010's right now!

:arrow: Source

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s your opinion. Mine is that they belong in a dumpster and set on fire.
The last one I played I really enjoyed was BO2 (half that is how good the maps were in the Black Ops games). Warzone is fun for a bit as a BR game that at least has a focus on gunplay but it's no substitute. I miss when shooters haad relatively simple gameplay. No vaulting over stuff or climbing tall walls, no low gravity sliding around (I do have a soft spot for Titanfall 2 though), no super speed sprinting, etc. It's one of the things I think makes games CSGO so timeless.
Post automatically merged:

Honestly, this is something society has been in dire need of, uncensored and unfiltered chat in games. The censorship of chat (and everything, really) has made so many people so weak and brittle, and I'm glad it's back to as it was because it means that either someone has to learn to take the monumental flaming at times, or just learn to leave if they can't handle it. The reason we have such a chronically weak generation of people these days, is because we don't put them through enough lessons and adversity, as society actually should.

This is only but a good thing, in every way.
I've played so much BO1 over the past couple of days. The trash-talking, the nostalgia... its all there, just like the glory days, and I'm so happy.
I too miss being called the N-word.

Last edited by Guacaholey,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't know whether you're being sarcastic, like that twitter outrage because of that old internet commemoration art, or sincere. I also miss when people weren't so soft, now it's "ban him for this", "code of conduct that"

Yeah, I also miss that.
The 90s and early 2000s were an absolute golden age for that kind of stuff, part of what made the online experiences in the older CoD games was just that, the whole ordeal of randos that you stumbled upon and being called random shit by kiddos. You simply muted that kind of people and that was it, no need for idiotic server-side bans and sensitive crap.

RatchetRussian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played so much BO1 over the past couple of days. The trash-talking, the nostalgia... its all there, just like the glory days, and I'm so happy.

This comment alone made me go out and buy a used Xbox 360 and a copy of BO1. You are spot on about the toxicity and "culture" haha. Brings me so much joy as well. Like taking a portal straight back to 2012.

Highly recommend anyone who grew up on these games get online these next few weeks. It very well may be your only chance to relive those core memories.

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know whether you're being sarcastic, like that twitter outrage because of that old internet commemoration art, or sincere. I also miss when people weren't so soft, now it's "ban him for this", "code of conduct that"
Bit of both actually. I miss being able to jokingly say something toxic sounding. Now you can barely get away with that on 4chan of all places. Now people act like you're Hitler for calling them a moron.

BashfulWizard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to have a chat with the people which manage servers to know if they plan on taking down Call of Duty's servers on Wii. I don't play the game but Nintendo went in 2020 then broke the NAS server which is used as a gateway to connect on games. You can only play the game using this cheat code now, and the reason why it broke is because Nintendo updated their Apache web server and that broke the ability to use 2 Host headers which your Wii uses in order to connect.
i could use that cheat code lol i thought it was my router causing the connection to drop.

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
i could use that cheat code lol i thought it was my router causing the connection to drop.
The message had aged poorly because Nintendo completely broke the NAS server and now you can't play it. I'm not sure if it would be possible to use original server if you use custom NAS. There's a custom one used for Call of Duty World.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Lol not me trying to get people to make an uncensor patch for imagine makeup artist