[UPDATE] Microsoft signs 10-year agreement to bring Call of Duty games to Nintendo consoles

1677082934187.png

UPDATE:
Brad Smith, Microsoft's president, has tweeted out about the confusion regarding the titles which will be shared on Nintendo consoles, clarifying that it's only Call of Duty and not other Xbox titles like his original tweet made it believe:

Original post:
Microsoft's president, Brad Smith, has announced that Microsoft signed off a 10-year agreement to bring Xbox titles to Nintendo consoles, like the Call of Duty franchise, which was announced some months ago as well. With this deal, Microsoft aims to bring content and feature parity to all of the titles released across both Xbox and Nintendo, which means the same game on either console will have the same content.

Nintendo users might recall back in the Wii era that games of the Call of Duty franchise on their console had a huge amount of content absent from their version, primarily all of the DLC for each and every COD game release on the Wii, some maps being absent and smaller maps/online matches. This even extended to some of the WiiU titles as well when it comes to missing DLC that the other main releases in Xbox and PlayStation had throughout their lifespan.

With this, It's great news for Nintendo gamers that wish to have a whole new range of titles to play, which were previously Xbox exclusives, and Call of Duty fans can now relive their old online matches from the Wii and Wii U era back once Microsoft starts rolling out new COD titles with content parity for Nintendo consoles.

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
no one wants to play COD on the shitty tablet switch hardware so this deal is useless :lol:
Where did i have heard that before? Like all the recycled Fifa crap games that are being sold like hotcakes on the Nintendo Switch? You may not like the Switch, but its very far from being shitty mister. I do have a pc master race full specs and i like more Nintendo games than pc ones, sometimes there is nothing for me to play on the pc, on the otherhand the Switch has library full of games. And the other funny thing is, when a big AA game is released like Pokemon, see how many flood here to see if the game is early leaked XD. I can understand that you have an opinion, but lets be real, the next console will sell big if it bring the same level entertainment as the Switch did =]

PressToStart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just need nintendo to sign an agreement to bring their game to playstation/xbox, so that we can play them in 4k/8k and actual ultra/extreme quality graphics
But you can play them using emulators on PC with graphics upscalling and if you feel bad for Nintendo just buy their console and their games. Nintendo would kill yourself as fast as Sega if they release their major titles in other platforms.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo would kill yourself as fast as Sega if they release their major titles in other platforms.
Nah, as long as Nintendo keeps releasing inexpensive portable/hybrid consoles, they're safe in that niche. Releasing their games on PC would grant an additional revenue stream with very little overlap in customer base, just as it does for both Microsoft and Sony. They could even keep their games "console exclusive" in the exact same way the other two do. They're just leaving money on the table for no reason as things sit now.

Reactions: BigOnYa

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Nah, as long as Nintendo keeps releasing inexpensive portable/hybrid consoles, they're safe in that niche. Releasing their games on PC would grant an additional revenue stream with very little overlap in customer base, just as it does for both Microsoft and Sony. They could even keep their games "console exclusive" in the exact same way the other two do. They're just leaving money on the table for no reason as things sit now.
I was telling my sib earlier that they could easily test the waters by bringing Bayonetta 2/3 to PC. This would allow for the series to continue on a platform it's already available on in the form of the first game, and probably wouldn't be an extremely daunting port job compared to multiplayer-focused titles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4