• Start date
  • Views 8,628
  • Replies 60

xxNathanxx

Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
Destructoid has never been a respectable site to begin with. All their reviews are made intentionally to drive tonnes of traffic. The wrong kind of traffic, sadly, though they do not realise this, as they are too busy sticking their heads up each other's arses.

Here's a short review on Alexa, which pretty much sums it all up
demix said:
Outlanding and Exploitative
There isn't a single site on the net that tries as hard to drive traffic than Destructoid. From their fanboyistic and intentionally inaccurate reviews, to their hateful and aggressive promotions, the Destructoid staff have forsaken legitimate journalism for the sake of gaining attention. There isn't a single gaming site that I would put below Destructoid. Avoid at all costs.
Well, that's angry me for today!

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
This just in: Jim Sterling is also the guy who said the 3DS would never start selling well.

I'd love to have seen the look on his face when he read the 3DS is already even selling better in its first 8 months than the DS in its first year.

Oh, and he's fat.

yeah by making the price much cheaper and giving out 20 free games

AkiroWolfman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly find Call of Duty overrated in the extreme. Its just so old now and people take it way too seriously, and before you say it Mario Kart may be older but it has only had 7 games in total but Call of Duty in its ten something year life span has had a game out every single one of those years. Talk about milking a frahcaise. Not only that but all the "DLC" they make also. They could easily put that on the disk, once again the cow is getting milked.

Anyway thats me just ranting, its merely my opinion.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This just in: Jim Sterling is also the guy who said the 3DS would never start selling well.

I'd love to have seen the look on his face when he read the 3DS is already even selling better in its first 8 months than the DS in its first year.

Oh, and he's fat.

Yeah, because being obese obviously makes you a terrible person. Oh wait, no.

Really nice there, going for the low blow.

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted User

OP

Oh, and he's fat.
Fuck you. what does weight have to do with ANYTHING? Are fat people stupid? Does weight equal IQ?
I bet he would be just as obnoxious if he was 150 lbs.

Reactions: 1 person

xxNathanxx

Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
yeah by making the price much cheaper and giving out 20 free games
Er... not sure if you noticed, but the 20 free games were given to those people who already had a 3DS, so they didn't influence sales in the slightest.

SM3DL is the game that sent 3DS sales soaring. The 3DS's price really doesn't matter here, because as has been said many times, people will buy Mario games regardless of the price.

fuck you
fuck you
Well, have a nice day!

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I really don`t get this new "same-old-shit"-attitude against Nintendo these days from many reviewers and HD-drones (there, I said it :P)... Nintendo are imo the only ones in this whole business, maybe simply because they arguably are the oldest in this business and therefore can mess with their franchises, that actually change up the formula of their games or are completely doing something different. I don`t see any other first party doing anything similar.

I don`t want to even talk about Microsoft, since there barely is a first party but let`s take Sony as an example and before anyone says that I`m a Nintendo-Fanboy I am but I also do own a PS3 and I actually enjoyed most of the games I`ve played on it:

Still very popular 1st-party-games like God of War, Resistance, Motorstorm, Killzone, Ratchet & Clank or Uncharted are either not very old or haven`t changed much and I haven`t seen anyone complaining… I mean they`ve released the third Uncharted game in 4 years and I enjoyed all of them (maybe aside of U1) but I haven`t heard anyone saying anything about them doing exactly the same thing over and over again. I swear seeing Phi dance or sing in Skyward Sword was more memorable than anything I`ve seen in U3. But I take it as what it is: Fun, that is what it is...

Now in contrary let`s look at Nintendos major three franchises and the drastic changes and risks Nintendo took with them:

- Zelda: WW (`nuff said) -> TP (giving fans what they wanted) -> SS (emphasis on motion-controls and new structured world)

- Mario: 64 (leap into 3D-plattforming) -> SS (emphasis on FLUDD) -> G (more linear sphere-based gameplay - oh, and G2 was just an encore to G, since normally there is only one main-Mario game per console)

- Metroid: P (first person) -> OM (first time 3rd person with different kind of narrative and structure-changes)

I also know that there are many examples where Nintendo does the same-old-shit but that is maybe exactly what fans want in those cases.

I personally think with the best online-structure Nintendo has ever built, customizable Karts, gliding- and diving-mechanic, 1st-person-driving, new courses and remastered old ones I think Nintendo justified the existence of MK7 and also that it is definitely a fresh new addition to the series. I really would love to know if Sterling likes Mario Kart Wii or Kart-racing-games in general, since at some point in the review I had the feeling like he just doesn`t like the genre…

Enough with ranting put this pissed me off the most and honestly this guy is just an attention-whore:

“Other fresh additions include gliding equipment and underwater sections. Although these new elements provide something aesthetically different, they don't actually change the game. Underwater racing is a little slower and air gliding is a little floatier, but their impact on the gameplay is minimal at best, appearing merely as vapid contrivances that exist to provide the illusion of variety rather than actually altering the core experience.”

When I read this I nearly raged out… I have not played this game yet but I`ve read and seen many reviews (including GT-review) that have stated, that the tactical use of the glider is very significant to the gameplay, since you have to make the decision whether you use it and how long you stay airborne…

5/10 – A jokes is that…

klim28

Hunter4Life
Trophies
XP
Country
I read reviews but I never get them to my head. I read just for the lulz. I never let reviews affect me.

I just play and enjoy what I want and doesn't care what everybody elses say.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In all honesty Other M was a piece of crap and Super Mario Sunshine was probably the weakest 3D Mario platformer of them all. For the record I think Sunshine was absolute garbage, especially when Galaxy and Galaxy 2 completed blew it out of the water. Oh yeah, Galaxy 2 is also incredibly similar to the original Galaxy as well.

There was also three Metroid Prime games before Other M.

Oh, and Zelda games are still rather formulaic. It's basically the same general design with different inserts. The only departure from this is Skyward Sword but that still basically fits the formula, just with some new elements. I could still basically recite generally how every Zelda game will go by now.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
"Unlike in Mario Kart DS, the rather neat ability to blow into the microphone to inflate balloons is no longer included."

Yes, and thank god it is. This guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Unlike in Mario Kart DS, the rather neat ability to blow into the microphone to inflate balloons is no longer included."

Yes, and thank god it is. This guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

Holy shit you could blow into the microphone to inflate balloons in Mario Kart DS?

This is literally the first time I ever heard about this.

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr