Mario Kart 7 gets vague new update patch more than a decade after its release

sdasdadsadsada.png

When it comes to Mario Kart titles getting current updates, you might imagine either Mario Kart Tour or Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Instead, Nintendo has just put out a brand new patch for Mario Kart 7, on the Nintendo 3DS. Given the fact that Mario Kart 7 is over a decade old, and its last patch was in 2012, this new 1.2 update has those who still use play 3DS systems a little confused--especially given the vague patch notes.

Several issues have been addressed to improve the gameplay experience.

For reference, patch 1.1 offered a handful of specific exploit fixes, and was released all the way back on May 15, 2012.

:arrow: Source

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Apparently they patched CTGP-7, and as always, CTGP-7 was fixed after a few hours. Why does Nintendo even try? Every update they put out will be obscure in a couple of hours.
Also, I noticed that when you start the game, and after the MK7 loading screen disappears, the black screen that eventually fades into the main menu will stay there for a second longer. Not sure what that's about, but it it's minor.
They didn't patch CTGP-7, that's not something you can do. They probably didn't even have CTGP-7 in mind lol

susbaconhairman

I am the official skribbler
Trophies
Website
skribbl.io
XP
Country
United States
They didn't patch CTGP-7, that's not something you can do. They probably didn't even have CTGP-7 in mind lol
I guess not, sorry. I just heard some rumors about it on rVerse, and assumed "Added compatibility with Mario Kart 7 v1.2." in the CTGP patch notes meant that.
What all did the new (MK7) update bring then?

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
I guess not, sorry. I just heard some rumors about it on rVerse, and assumed "Added compatibility with Mario Kart 7 v1.2." in the CTGP patch notes meant that.
They did "break" compatibility with CTGP-7, but that definitely was not it's sole purpose. It's very common for updates to change something that makes them incompatible with mods, it happens all the time with Atmosphere on the Switch

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As said in an earlier post, a security fix to an internal library used for netcode/netplay. It fixes a remote code execution vulnerability that could allow for arbitrary code execution if exploited. Nothing else but this has changed.

ExperiencersInternational

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gamersinternational.wixsite.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Apparently they patched CTGP-7, and as always, CTGP-7 was fixed after a few hours. Why does Nintendo even try? Every update they put out will be obscure in a couple of hours.
Also, I noticed that when you start the game, and after the MK7 loading screen disappears, the black screen that eventually fades into the main menu will stay there for a second longer. Not sure what that's about, but it it's minor.
The update was not to break mods like CTGP-7. Yes, 3 modules was broken, but CTGP-7 uses a lot of modules if you think of it.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Wait a minute, what if they patched kartdlphax? I would test it out, but I only have one console!
EDIT: Still works on 1.2 as well, my first run was just a random crash. I still hold firm that they patched online RCE, I don't see any purpose to this patch if they didn't.
;)

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

BlazeMasterBM

I Eat Garlics
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That joke has been overused a million times, I don't get why people are so obsessed with this character.
Yeah, like the guy above me said, Waluigi is a fucking chad. Also, Honey Queen, Lakitu, Wiggler, and Metal Mario got to be in the game but not our man Waluigi :unsure: despite the fact he had been in Double Dash, Wii, and DS prior to MK7

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, like the guy above me said, Waluigi is a fucking chad. Also, Honey Queen, Lakitu, Wiggler, and Metal Mario got to be in the game but not our man Waluigi :unsure: despite the fact he had been in Double Dash, Wii, and DS prior to MK7
I guess some people don't realise that mods exist for this purpose.

Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1