Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

luismtzr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@kaz321123
Hello my Friend; thank you for your prompt response and help; i tried that but i was unable to test it; i'm getting the C8 error; i will try again today to fix that issue and post results.
Thanks again

@kaz321123
Hello kaz; just to thank you for your help; the mame games works like a charm; except goldenaxe; but i think i need another working rom.
Thanks for the tip :yayone:

Reactions: kaz321123

kaz321123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this and it still doesn't work. Do I point to a specific bin file? I changed the command line \bin \mame2003 what am I missing?

Make sure you don't have a space after bin.

My rastan command line looks like this:
/bin/mame2003 /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-Z-UQNCA/rastan.zip
(space is after mame 2003 however).

Pull Rastan.zip over into the Hakchi program, and then just replace the word 'zip' in the command line with 'mame2003' (make sure to keep a space after mame2003)

Last edited by kaz321123,

RHINO78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you don't have a space after bin.

My rastan command line looks like this:
/bin/mame2003 /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-Z-UQNCA/rastan.zip
(space is after mame 2003 however).

Pull Rastan.zip over into the Hakchi program, and then just replace the word 'zip' in the command line with 'mame2003' (make sure to keep a space after mame2003)
You fin rock! It's working thanks a million!

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the link in my signature. Should explain the error. Your flooding the memory, even though in your case your trying to launch a folder it is no different than launching a game as far as NESC is concerned.

Can you post the link? I'm viewing from mobile and I can't see it. It's driving me crazy that I'm away and won't be able to test/fix my problem until later in the week, but my hopes are so much higher than they were before.

Reactions: youngtune27

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@youngtune27 @saxman717
Thanks guys; that worked for me; thanks again for your help :yay:
Of course :)! What order worked?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can you post the link? I'm viewing from mobile and I can't see it. It's driving me crazy that I'm away and won't be able to test/fix my problem until later in the week, but my hopes are so much higher than they were before.
Worked for 2 people in a row! Hope it fixes yours bro!

BrettX1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Q: Help! I am getting a C8 error code?
A: Occurs when trying to start or playing a game. Combined you have too many ROMs & save files in a single navigation folder. The recommendation is no more than 30 games per navigational folder. When you include the original 30 games as visible you can have the following:
  • 1 slot per game: 65
  • 2 slots per game: 49
  • 3 slots per game: 39
  • 4 slots per game: 32
If you hide the original 30 games, but add them back in Hakchi you can have a few additional games. Please note this removes the screensaver demo reels as a result:
  • 1 slot per game: 99
  • 2 slots per game: 66
  • 3 slots per game: 49
  • 4 slots per game: 40
IMPORTANT NOTE: This number is strictly for NES games. It is much lower for Non-NES games, likely less than a third. [Lower numbers might have been caused by the SNES9x2010 memory leak bug]

Source/Credit: @soulctcher (Reddit Link)

Last edited by BrettX1234,

Rob911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Could you not just use Total Commander to find all of the .nes and .fds games, select and pack the necessary files as .7z, then remove the original files (.nes/.fds)?

On a related note, which NES ROMs can be archived? Just the .nes and .fds ones running from retroarch?

Sure, but I don't wanne mess around with the compression due to the long sync process.

dandeleon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Q: Help! I am getting a C8 error code?
A: Occurs when trying to start or playing a game. Combined you have too many ROMs & save files in a single navigation folder. The recommendation is no more than 30 games per navigational folder. When you include the original 30 games as visible you can have the following:
  • 1 slot per game: 65
  • 2 slots per game: 49
  • 3 slots per game: 39
  • 4 slots per game: 32
If you hide the original 30 games, but add them back in Hakchi you can have a few additional games. Please note this removes the screensaver demo reels as a result:
  • 1 slot per game: 99
  • 2 slots per game: 66
  • 3 slots per game: 49
  • 4 slots per game: 40
IMPORTANT NOTE: This number is strictly for NES games. It is much lower for Non-NES games, likely less than a third. [Lower numbers might have been caused by the SNES9x2010 memory leak bug]

Source/Credit: @soulctcher (Reddit Link)
this still doesn't make any sense in my scenario seeing as this was a fresh system with folders that had under 30 games in each of them

Hacking_Myself

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Important question (I guess):

Is there something we can do to test RetroArch or cores compatibility before send ROMs to NES Mini???

dandeleon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This type of C8 ERROR is fixable?
from what MrTea said he seems to have the right idea, all of the C8 errors I've encountered happened after having long sessions of entering/leaving folders and playing games, the ram must've hit a limit and forces the console to restart itself. If there was a way to clear the ram after you open a folder or leave a folder that would be great.

Reactions: MrTea

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*chuckles politely* :P

I tried getting dosbox working, however, and it didn't, and I heard that's rather slow also.

It kept saying 'title' wouldn't run...

DOSBox is running fine. THe only problem is that it seems to support mouse-only; so graphical adventures such as monkey island works fine but keyboard platform games for example don't; they load but you cannot interact. If someone got rid of that problema please upload the .hmod core he is using, thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Chips Ahoy cookies :D:wub::D