Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there anyone here who would like to see some sort of sorting system for the main gui of hakchi2 ?
If you have like 100's of games from different systems there, you lose track...wouldn't it be nice to make folders in the main gui, like there is now with the "Original 30" ?!

Reactions: keithelmcity

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how does the folder system in Hakchi2 work ? It says Automatic or Original Games In Root/automatic in pages. It also says Original Games In Root/Pages split games evenly.

How does all this work ?

nespas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is anybody still getting the C6 error when trying to run Retroarch ?
I have only two entries: Retroarch and NES (containing my Nes roms).
I'm using pcm720's RetroArch package (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByJabzdhjqvQdC1aZ19NTWgzY1k)
I updated the init file as shown in the YouTube video hoping it would fix the issue, but no luck.
All NES games work fine, but I can't start RetroArch. Any ideas ? Thanks.

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyone here who would like to see some sort of sorting system for the main gui of hakchi2 ?
If you have like 100's of games from different systems there, you lose track...wouldn't it be nice to make folders in the main gui, like there is now with the "Original 30" ?!
Problem with that is, at least with the "Original 30" folder, you can't do much to those ROMs. Can't change the names, command lines, artwork, etc.

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
What are you talking about? You can make folders, rename them, create sub-folders. Use pictures for sub folders and regular folders etc and put them anywhere you like.

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you talking about? You can make folders, rename them, create sub-folders. Use pictures for sub folders and regular folders etc and put them anywhere you like.
He means on the front page of the Hakchi program itself. You know you have "Original 30 games" and then every other game you add? When you have hundreds of games across multiple platforms, it gets tough to see what you have.

Reactions: Mad-Mega

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
He means on the front page of the Hakchi program itself. You know you have "Original 30 games" and then every other game you add? When you have hundreds of games across multiple platforms, it gets tough to see what you have.
My bad, didn't read it correctly.

Reactions: Mad-Mega

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I like it as it is now ! You can make virtually any folder, subfolder with any image you like. Doesn't take very much work at all ! :)

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the best way to compress games that have already been added to hakchi uncompressed? Should I just go into the game folder, manually zip it, and then change the command line to .7z? Another option is to remove it, and then re-add the ROM and cover art. I wish there was an option to "compress all games now".

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Problem with that is, at least with the "Original 30" folder, you can't do much to those ROMs. Can't change the names, command lines, artwork, etc.

I know, but for other games it could work, just to have a more clear overview.
If i am uploading Megaman 1-6 and i am uploading megaman 1-6 for the gameboy, than i have 12 Megaman's, with almost the same name, and that's only for Megaman, the clear overview is not there, it's all criss/cross

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, but for other games it could work, just to have a more clear overview.
If i am uploading Megaman 1-6 and i am uploading megaman 1-6 for the gameboy, than i have 12 Megaman's, with almost the same name, and that's only for Megaman, the clear overview is not there, it's all criss/cross
I'm in the same boat. At least with Mega Man, the Game Boy games use Roman numerals, so it's easy to tell them apart. But then Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge goes to the end of the list.

I usually go to the folder page after clicking "Synchronize Games" to see them properly sorted.

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think it would be better for everyone if we have an option in Hakchi2 to sort the games in the main page, by folder would be the best idea.
Hopefully @Cluster can tell us that it is quite easy to program ;-)

Rob911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What's the best way to compress games that have already been added to hakchi uncompressed? Should I just go into the game folder, manually zip it, and then change the command line to .7z? Another option is to remove it, and then re-add the ROM and cover art. I wish there was an option to "compress all games now".

1. Copy the games folder to games_copy
2. Delete all games from hakchi2
3. Readd all games to hakchi2 and close it
4. Open Powershell an delete all *.sfc or *.md and so on from games_copy:
example for SNES: del /games_copy/*/*.sfc
5. Copy all folders from games_copy to games (replace all)
6. Open hakchi2, go through the list and add in every command line at the end .7z
7. Upload your games

This is how I persevered my cover arts and the release dates that I added manually.
If you don't care about cover arts and the dates just delete and readd the games.

You only need to do it onetime but you can save up to 50% of the space.

Last edited by Rob911,
Reactions: NESjimbo

878en6vEZbrnk4GC8XKi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I imagine that this has been covered on here somewhere.

I'd only been installing NES and SNES games but had a go with my first Master System & Mega Drive games today but I'm getting some pretty bad overscan for both systems using PicoDrive. Is there any way around this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo