A simple save editor for Tears of the Kingdom has appeared

saveeditor.png

Out of the blue and in a surprising manner, a very simple save editor for Tears of the Kingdom has appeared on GitHub created by user IchmagKekse. The application runs on PC, and it was developed using Visual Studio with C# language.

The editor right now is quite simple and barebones in its v1.0, only allowing the editing of rupees, hearts and stamina for the main game, but as for a few minutes ago from this post, the application was updated to v1.1.0, adding support for editing Bows, Shields, Weapons and Armor as well.
When more data mining is done for the game's data once it's properly out in the wild, the amount of data gathered from all around the homebrew scene will surely help to improve and further develop this save editor, and hopefully others which have been popular for BotW in a similar manner.

The time to unlock all of the Korok seeds and map locations automatically in Tears of the Kingdom can't come soon enough!

:arrow: Source

Waddleclaws

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of the blue and in a surprising manner, a very simple save editor for Tears of the Kingdom has appeared on GitHub created by user IchmagKekse. The application runs on PC, and it was developed using Visual Studio with C# language.

The editor right now is quite simple and barebones in its v1.0, only allowing the editing of rupees, hearts and stamina for the main game, but as for a few minutes ago from this post, the application was updated to v1.1.0, adding support for editing Bows, Shields, Weapons and Armor as well.
When more data mining is done for the game's data once it's properly out in the wild, the amount of data gathered from all around the homebrew scene will surely help to improve and further develop this save editor, and hopefully others which have been popular for BotW in a similar manner.

The time to unlock all of the Korok seeds and map locations automatically in Tears of the Kingdom can't come soon enough!

:arrow: Source
I didn’t expect it to happen so fast.

Jack_Bauer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
Is this for saves on PC or we can bring them from the console with JKSV? besides, does it allow to increase Korok seeds number?

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I imagine the save file structure is similar to BOTW, but still very impressive to see something like this already!
Your correct, the game is pretty much BOTW recycled typical of nintendo lately, fuck knows how it's taken them 6 long years when all they've done is added floating islands that magically appear from nowhere and more shrines.

I wonder if the delay is so they can announce near Xmas time their new console and it be a launch title.

If your able to search for basic things like how many items you have, you can pretty much max everything out that you have.

Note for newbies if you want to search.

Each full heart container equals 4, I think you start the game off with max hearts that's 40 hearts.

4x40=160 (dec) A0 (hex)

So depending where you are in the game and how many hearts and how full your health is. simply each full heart container is broken into 4 quarters

Your stamina bar at start of a new game is 17723 (dec) 453B (hex).

Or once you wake from your slumber and lost your hearts and stamina its 17530 (dec) 447A (hex).

You can easily find everything else, for example once you have found Infinite Hearts, you will see right before that address is the address to Max your Hearts, you will also find Kokori Seeds, Orbs of Light.

Kokori Seeds, Orbs of Light have 2 address locations, one that shows in game menu and the other loading screen.

Unless you quit your game you dont need to worry about dying or loading game data, the addresses remain static unless the game is closed.

I was making note of items ect, but once you have found the basics, you can pretty much max everything out yourself.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Mhart88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't touch this Save Editor for a while because I tried it on my save under Ryujinx and it screwed up my game save. Now every time I open the game in Ryujinx the emulator instantly crashes. Didn't do any of this prior to editing my save. You have been warned!!!

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
silly question, but where is the save file if taken from a modified switch?
use checkpoint to create a save backup and the save file will be in the checkpoint directory on your sd card
so sad can't cheat on durable of weapon (even manual edit)

i think it was @TomSwitch that has already made a cheat so your weapon Durability is Infinite (Will Never Break)
I wouldn't touch this Save Editor for a while because I tried it on my save under Ryujinx and it screwed up my game save. Now every time I open the game in Ryujinx the emulator instantly crashes. Didn't do any of this prior to editing my save. You have been warned!!!
Now that all depends on what TYOU did to edit your save, in theory it shouldnt corrupt your saver file and cause the EMU to crash (unless there's a mistake inputting any ITEM ITDs), if so, could be helpful to explain what you did that caused a crash so it can be replicated to see if it is the4 save editor or not.

If yoiu have tried setting things higher than the game permits then it can cause problems, if you have tried giving yourself items early then again, it may lead to probles if it is story/mission driven..... what the fuck am i talking about, its just 6 long years delay of DLC content thrown into a new £50+ game and means for nintendo to crap out multiple versions and another crap console with a skin to rinse more money from the scalpers - There is no sodding story/mission driven, just more sodding shrines....

Try reload an Auto Save prior to using the save editor, if it still crashes then it could be something with the emu/settings?

deaknaew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
for item qty edit
just search for what you have and replace it

ex
i have
chuchu jerry x10
white chuchu jerry x5
apple x3
bomb flower x1

just search for qty in hex

0A 00 00 00 05 00 00 00 03 00 00 00 01 00 00 00

and edit like

0A 00 00 00 05 00 00 00 03 00 00 00 0F 27 00 00

you will have bomb flower x9999

Arkangelshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
On switch with JKSV I have different slots(00 - 05, meaning main and 5 autosaves), I tried to mod slot_00 but it didn't work, which is the one that should be modified? Looking only for unlimited rupees.

Edit: after fully checking all slots, it seems that non of them is the actual save as I'm missing the current items. I may need to update an autosave and edit that.

Last edited by Arkangelshadow,

NahiyanRahmanNahid

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Its not appearing as an app! Am i dumb? all i see is .cs files
Post automatically merged:

Its not appearing as an app! Am i dumb? all i see is .cs files

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat