Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

OpTIMusPrimeNeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I get my NES games to run through retro arch? I downloaded the module. TMNT 2 NES keeps freezing in scenes where you get into the van when using game genie codes. I heard playing it through retro arch fixes this.

jaykjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hey fellows,

i hope you can help. I inserted some games to the classic mini with hakchi v2.17d.
The problem is that Game Gear games do not work. Only a black screen appears. Other systems like Master system, game boy & game boy color, pc engine and nes are working.
I have in total 266 games installed, that take only 96mb of space on the device. I think i installed picodrive and retroarch as hmods.

here an example of the commandline that hakchi generated:
/bin/gg /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-R-SKXFX/Ax_Battler_-_A_Legend_of_Golden_Axe__U___V2.4_____.gg.7z

i used the search function in this thread, but could not find something similar.

Mamertos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How do I get my NES games to run through retro arch? I downloaded the module. TMNT 2 NES keeps freezing in scenes where you get into the van when using game genie codes. I heard playing it through retro arch fixes this.
Some games keep freezing using game genie codes. I have the same problem with the no time limit code in the water level of TMNT, as well as others games have c7 error issue when you apply a hack to them (final fantasy 3 ips translation hack). I recommend you a tool called game genie guy! to apply a patch to a specific nes rom and upload it to hakchi2. That works to me and I were able to beat the damn water level!

Lokote2134

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was wondering if you can use hakchi2 with a clone nes classic??

Attachments

• IMG_7691.JPG
    IMG_7691.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_7692.JPG
    IMG_7692.JPG
    171.6 KB · Views: 199
Reactions: KiiWii

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

At end of Command Line for any given NES Game, leave a space, then type this in..

--retroarch --fceumm

OR

--retroarch --core nestopia

Then, you should be fine. If you still have issues with the TMNT 2 game, then you are likely using a bad rom set, at that point.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NES Classic - Let's Run a Ridiculously Huge Game!

I revised my Core & Bios Set from my Mega HMOD Thread, to help acclimate to such instances where one would want to potentially run a massive game! Enjoy the video, and get my most current Core Set from the link below!

https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods/comments/6j2zoo/the_mega_hmod_thread/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

NES Classic - Like Riding a Bicycle? (Blaster Master)

Is muscle memory powerful enough to help dive back into a game, having not been played for a number of years? We shall see! Stick around to see a really cool glitch to exploit certain Bosses:)

Beathil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can Hakchi2 be used to copy the NES Classic Mini software onto different hardware? Like a raspberry pi or other system?

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can Hakchi2 be used to copy the NES Classic Mini software onto different hardware? Like a raspberry pi or other system?

The Rasp Pi has an nes mini theme available. But no..you cant use Hakchi on the pi. You image a mini sd card with Retropie, add roms, and the emulators will show in the menu. The pi is accessible via ssh or add roms via USB .Very cool, plus all the space you want up to a 256 GB sd card, or can hook up an external HDD drive in the TB's(terrabytes). All the space you want.

jaykjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi, again,

does nobody has an idea why this happens?

Hey fellows,

i hope you can help. I inserted some games to the classic mini with hakchi v2.17d.
The problem is that Game Gear games do not work. Only a black screen appears. Other systems like Master system, game boy & game boy color, pc engine and nes are working.
I have in total 266 games installed, that take only 96mb of space on the device. I think i installed picodrive and retroarch as hmods.

here an example of the commandline that hakchi generated:
/bin/gg /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-R-SKXFX/Ax_Battler_-_A_Legend_of_Golden_Axe__U___V2.4_____.gg.7z

i used the search function in this thread, but could not find something similar.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Arnold101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please help i noticed that all fds games using retroarch not have any sound! already formatted and reinstalled everything but its the same. on both cores

audio is disabled by default but even if i put on ON does not sound

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please help i noticed that all fds games using retroarch not have any sound! already formatted and reinstalled everything but its the same. on both cores

audio is disabled by default but even if i put on ON does not sound

Uninstall RetroArch, Reinstall RetroArch.

Arnold101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i already tried. and if i use the command line -retroarch, fds games will be played by retroarch and not have any sound. how i can fix?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i already tried. and if i use the command line -retroarch, fds games will be played by retroarch and not have any sound. how i can fix?

The command lines I use are --retroarch --fceumm OR --retroarch --core nestopia

I have zero issues with sound. Sound being disabled is usually from accidentally changing a setting in RetroArch itself. This can only be fixed by uninstalling RetroArch completely, then reinstalling it. Or, it can be fixed using clovershell HMOD & Client to replace the retroarch config file, or FTP. But, a simple uninstall reinstall usually fixes the audio issues. You can't just reinstall it. That won't work. it needs uninstalled, then reinstalled. Maybe you should try the RetroArch version I put together in my Mega HMOD Thread. Just the standard version, with updated Nestopia & FCEUMM. But, you need to remove your current one. I would also suggest updating Hakchi2 to a newer version if you are not up to date.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods/comments/6j2zoo/the_mega_hmod_thread/

Be sure to test NES Games, to see if they have sound, before trying FDS. An example of an FDS Command line for me, running Nestopia...is this...

--guest-overscan-dimensions 0,0,9,3 --initial-fadein-durations 10,2 --volume 75 --enable-armet --fds-auto-disk-side-switch-on-keypress --retroarch --core nestopia

I also run them compressed, with my techniques, using a command line like this.

/bin/nes /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-Z-LLBXR/Nazo_no_Murasamejou__Japan_.7z --initial-fadein-durations 10,2 --volume 75 --enable-armet --fds-auto-disk-side-switch-on-keypress --retroarch --initial-fadein-durations 10,2 --volume 75 --enable-armet --fds-auto-disk-side-switch-on-keypress --retroarch --fceumm

Last edited by KMFDManic,

Arnold101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you. i see tons of link in that page, wich one i need to download? hakchi is updated and i already tried tu uninstall and reinstall retroarch from hakchi. i want to try your files now. nes games have audio, fds not. i can use more command lines using spaces?

also can you explain how run compressed roms? is really possible? i know that hakchi load them in nes format

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you. i see tons of link in that page, wich one i need to download? hakchi is updated and i already tried tu uninstall and reinstall retroarch from hakchi. i want to try your files now. nes games have audio, fds not. i can use more command lines using spaces?

also can you explain how run compressed roms? is really possible? i know that hakchi load them in nes format

I did videos on how to run them compressed. FDS should run fine with audio. Use the RetroArch named RetroArch Standard. An example of how I compress FDS, etc, games is as follows..

BUT, when you do compression for FDS, it requires you to do a little more work with the command line copying, as per my previous post. You fill in the missing command lines, then at the end, space and --retroarch --fceumm OR --retroarch --core nestopia

There is a possibility you are using BAD fds rom sets, as well. I have had no problem running mine, as per this video.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf