Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NES Classic - Rewind Feature (Like on the SNES Classic!)

One thing that was very noticeable in the upcoming SNES Classic Mini, was the very cool Rewind Feature, for Save States. This Feature, specifically, allows one to revert up to 60 seconds in reverse from a save state, just so long as they have played for the same amount of time, game wise! Well, here, I show you how to have your Rewind Ability on the Mini NES, along with slow-motion, fast-forward, and so on! I also show you how to properly back-up and revert to and from your original retroarch configuration! And, we get into using the FTP, yet again:) Enjoy the video. You can grab the latest, updated Cores from my Mega HMOD Thread on Reddit! You will need RetroArch HMOD installed, for Rewind, Slow-Motion, Fast-Forward Ability to work! Plus, for NES Games (Other Cores fine:), command line HAS to be pointed directly to FCEUMM or NESTOPIA Cores!

IE,

/bin/nes /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-Z-MHADC/magmax.7z

would become

/bin/nes /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-Z-MHADC/magmax.7z --retroarch --fceumm

To use Nestopia, your NES Game would need to be extracted, as it does not load Nestopia, when compressed. Example would be...

--guest-overscan-dimensions 0,0,9,3 --initial-fadein-durations 10,2 --volume 75 --enable-armet --fds-auto-disk-side-switch-on-keypress

would become...

--guest-overscan-dimensions 0,0,9,3 --initial-fadein-durations 10,2 --volume 75 --enable-armet --fds-auto-disk-side-switch-on-keypress --retroarch --core nestopia

Here is the thread link!

https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods/comments/6j2zoo/the_mega_hmod_thread/

Last edited by KMFDManic,
Reactions: jelmer

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NES Classic - Dual & Tri-Wield SNES 9X 2002/2005/2010 Cores!

By default, SNES 9X Cores conflict with one another, due to the shared /bin/snes Command Lines. I amended all 3 to work in conjunction with one another...so that you can Dual & Tri-Wield them, per this video! You can grab the most recent and updated Cores from my Mega HMOD Thread on Reddit:)

https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods/comments/6j2zoo/the_mega_hmod_thread/

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have those cores. Where might I get those from?

-edit-
OK got it working, but is there a way to edit dosbox.conf? I need to set cputype=pentium_slow for a specific game.

You can adjust cpu cycle settings in the Core, itself. But, you need to be careful about what you change it to. You can break the Core, which will require the steps outlined in my video description.

As long as you are careful, and mainly change the settings that I show in the video, you will be fine! BUT...

Be careful adjusting cpu cycle settings. If You go too high, you will break DOSBOX. An uninstall, reinstall does not fix it, either. You can safely go to 3000. To fix it, if messed up, requires ftp or clovershell hmod plus client. My video shows info. But, if careful, and not passing 3000, You will Be fine.

If you "mess" with cpu cycle settings in an incorrect manner, you may inadvertently screw up your ability to run DOSBOX Games. Uninstallation and Reinstallation of Retroarch HMOD does NOT fix this problem. So, DO NOT TOUCH the setting if you do not understand HOW to fix it. Anyways, to fix this (screwed up DOSBOX from cpu cycle settings change), do the following...

Enable the FTP server via Hakchi, log in, get this file: /var/lib/hakchi/rootfs/etc/libretro/retroarch-core-options.cfg. Edit it and remove the DosBox entries (right at the bottom). Now upload the file back the Mini NES and overwrite.

You can also use clovershell hmod+client, as per my video for custom scanlines, to push and pull the same exact file:)

byevoltor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Query:

I want to buy the snes mini, but seeing that the menu is the same as in the mini nes, and that you can rewind ...... Spending € 80 hurts a little, if it really is the same plate and the same capacity 300mb.

Have any of you found the actual technical specifications of the mini snes?

I had it reserved, but I was here to get me back, and amortize the money for a Switch.

What will you do? Having Nes mini, you will be seduced by the Snes mini ???

If it has capacity of 1GB or more, it can be tempting:grog:

D

Deleted-355425

I skipped the NES mini because it really didn't appeal to me, I'd of only played mario 3. But the snes mini is going to be great! I'd play the majority of those games.

Boognish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Query:

What will you do? Having Nes mini, you will be seduced by the Snes mini ???

snes classic will get loaded with complete snes & sega rom sets.
and then there will tons more room on the nes classic for full rom sets of older systems

rjsnes.jpg

Last edited by Boognish,

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
snes classic will get loaded with complete snes & sega rom sets.
and then there will tons more room on the nes classic for full rom sets of older systems

rjsnes.jpg
A complete SNES and Sega (I guess you are referring to the Genesis) romset would take up several GBs. Unless Nintendo is making some hardware changes, I am afraid you are out of luck. Complete romsets of Atari, NES and Master system would fit on the NES Mini though.

Boognish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A complete SNES and Sega romset would take up several GBs. I am afraid you are out of luck

ok. i ill just have to survive with 150 roms from each, 300 roms total, sounds fine to me
hope it has enough space for that.. the nesc does and then some

idx5qv.gif

Last edited by Boognish,

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
ok. i ill just have to survive with 150 roms from each, 300 roms total, sounds fine to me
hope it has enough space for that.. the nesc does and then some

idx5qv.gif
Sounds fine to me as well. The NES library has 700+ games, but almost 600 of them are just shit and don't deserve to ever be played again. Regarding the SNES, the library is much better IMO but I would be surprised if you can find 150 games that you are willing to play from time to time. This is all personal preference of course but with 150 of each system, you have all the great (and not so great) games. 300 games for both systems should last you a very long time. On my NES mini I have about 90 NES games and about 100 SNES games at 170 MB or so. No need to have every game ever, but again personal preference. Quality over quantity, of you ask me ;)

Last edited by jelmer,
Reactions: TOMJOHN

OpTIMusPrimeNeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I've updated my hakchi to 2.17D,
Do I still Flash to original kernel then reflash to custom? Also do I add my modules then my games? Or can they be added together?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I've updated my hakchi to 2.17D,
Do I still Flash to original kernel then reflash to custom? Also do I add my modules then my games? Or can they be added together?

Flashing custom is all you need to do. It does not matter which order you do, Games or HMODS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

SNES Classic - Can it be hacked, like the NES Classic?

Can it be hacked, of course it can and will be!

The excellent, excellent guide I display in the Video, is at the following link!

Thanks ClusterM, MadMonkey, and HoneyLab, and anyone else involved! I also give personal thanks to pcm720, d_skywalk, soulctcher, and the Libretro Team!!!, and anyone else I did not mention!

https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/wiki/Modifications-and-modules-guide

Last edited by KMFDManic,
Reactions: CaptainSodaPop

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NES Classic - Unreleased Games - Part 1 (Space Fantasy Zone)

This great game was never released! One of the reasons it was not released was due to problems with porting Scaling Technology to the Home Consoles. I display a few games that use this Scaling in a good way, as well as ones that do an awful job of trying to replicate it! Enjoy the video! Part 2 will showcase some unreleased NES/Famicom Games that were either prototypes only, or just not released in USA/Europe!

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NES Classic - NEO-GEO Bios Overview

Things can get quite tricky when it comes to NEO-GEO Bios, as there are 2 entirely different sets you can use on the Mini NES! I try to better explain how to adaptively use the correct ones in the Mini NES Environment!

Chux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stepped away from this forever ago(HMODs just showed up). I started playing some of the games and noticed Akumajo Densetsu kind of stutters when I play? Almost like ghosting? I can't replicate it on anything else. Should I be running it with a different emulator?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning