Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Exactly....512 pages, at this point information is buried somewhere in this massive thread.

Funny thing is it's probably something really easy, put this file here, then change the argument to this and that. But I can't find it in this mountain of posts.

I started at page 114..I didnt know either..I searched and read...all the info is here..peeps already had theirs modded...lol..

Eguilucard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi, I'm getting a problem recently with the detection of my NES Mini for any interaction with hakchi (I'm using 2.17).

I never had any issues with any versions of the program, including 2.17, but now when I try to synchronize my games, manage my saves, etc., the console is never detected; it doesn't pass the "Waiting for your NES Mini..." message.

I googled and found nothing, any ideas?

Rgs.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm getting a problem recently with the detection of my NES Mini for any interaction with hakchi (I'm using 2.17).

I never had any issues with any versions of the program, including 2.17, but now when I try to synchronize my games, manage my saves, etc., the console is never detected; it doesn't pass the "Waiting for your NES Mini..." message.

I googled and found nothing, any ideas?

Rgs.

Flash custom kernel. Also, make sure you are using the official micro usb cable that came with the mini as well as a direct usb connection.

Last edited by KMFDManic,

TooMuchPower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will do a test run of this game when I wake up. It is also on ps1, which is as close to the arcade as you can get. So, I may be able to rip it to a very reasonable size.

Thank you good sir, I would love to play the N64 version of this game but obviously arcade is the ultimate goal but none of these seem to work.

PS1 version? Wow thats amazing if you are able to find a solution for this, looking forward to it!

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you good sir, I would love to play the N64 version of this game but obviously arcade is the ultimate goal but none of these seem to work.

PS1 version? Wow thats amazing if you are able to find a solution for this, looking forward to it!

I did a test and both Mame 2003 version, as well as PS1 version work. Mame version is 16 mb, PS1, 33-36, depending on which rip I use. I ripped it twice. There is a 3 mb audio track that is basically the theme music. So, you can go either way. Mame 2003, may not have worked, if you did not change command line from /bin/zip to /bin/mame2003 OR, you did not use the proper rom set. Arcade version, like several Midway games, has low sound. PS1 version runs fantastic, but has slight load times. But, at 16mb, can't complain:) You can always try both and see which you prefer. I also found an SNES 2017 one, which is pretty nifty, for NBA Jam.

TooMuchPower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did a test and both Mame 2003 version, as well as PS1 version work. Mame version is 16 mb, PS1, 33-36, depending on which rip I use. I ripped it twice. There is a 3 mb audio track that is basically the theme music. So, you can go either way. Mame 2003, may not have worked, if you did not change command line from /bin/zip to /bin/mame2003 OR, you did not use the proper rom set. Arcade version, like several Midway games, has low sound. PS1 version runs fantastic, but has slight load times. But, at 16mb, can't complain:) You can always try both and see which you prefer. I also found an SNES 2017 one, which is pretty nifty, for NBA Jam.

Wow thank you!

For the arcade version did you notice the low volume? If the mame version has low audio then I guess the PS1 version with the theme song is perfectly fine. :)

Mame didn't work for me it does not start I changed the command line, I think you are right. I might have the improper rom set. How would I get the correct one? NBA Maximum Hangtime is the one I'm looking for.

Last edited by TooMuchPower,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow thank you!

For the arcade version did you notice the low volume? If the mame version has low audio then I guess the PS1 version with the theme song is perfectly fine. :)

Mame didn't work for me it does not start I changed the command line, I think you are right. I might have the improper rom set. How would I get the correct one? NBA Maximum Hangtime is the one I'm looking for.

Best thing to do is private message me here, or on Reddit, under the name MDFMKanic

16v

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a nes mini classic (from EU) and the family computer classic (from japan).
Both are ntsc?
Has anyone a link (pn) for a nes fullset? Thank you and thank you cluster for your great work.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

PlaystationTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are c8 errors followed by shutting down and then a c2 error normal? once in a while ?

I do have folders with every letter of the alphabet and some have sub folders , but 30 games max each
900 nes games , hakchi tells me 294mb used space

Last edited by PlaystationTV,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are c8 errors followed by shutting down and then a c2 error normal? once in a while ?

I do have folders with every letter of the alphabet and some have sub folders , but 30 games max each
900 nes games , hakchi tells me 294mb used space

Normal and harmless. If C7, then you would possibly have memory conflict.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have the same problem trying to flash the custom kernel, and I tried both the original USB cable and a different new one.

Operating system?

Reactions: PlaystationTV

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    @BigOnYa thanks but my question isn't there
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ask your questions there, create a new thread if its not already answered, then eventually a 3ds genius will respond.
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    I will, thanks
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive ones (one falls out and gone, can't find) while cutting grass so bought some cheap ones, and of course never lose these cheap ones. (Cheap meaning only $35, compared to air buds which I only have 1 of 2 now)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They need to add air tags to they airbuds..
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be cool tech tho. Of course they want to lose them anyways. Buy and buy again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apple could make a find my AirPods thing pretty easily
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think they should tie up diddy, and let all the victims come and abuse him, we'll make a holiday of it every year. (jk, maybe)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm starting to sound like a Tck Gonna cut myself off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not 4th of July yet
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It is in India.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wow, only $700?
  • SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze:
    Hey :)
    If I book mark the topic where can I read them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with the profile icon highlighted at the top, and the "bookmarks" banner next to it in gray. Click on that icon and you'll get a list of your bookmarks.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Banners we don't need no stinking banners! Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [bans you for not taking a bath] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Who bans the banners?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I just did
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just did