Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Anyone having much luck getting PSX games to work? Is there a tutorial available to get PSX games going?

@AndyVr made a very helpful thread about it, go look for it. I had CTR, Crash Bash, MGS VR Missions, Ridge Racer, Vandal Hearts, Silent Hill, and some other titles run well.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone having much luck getting PSX games to work? Is there a tutorial available to get PSX games going?

If you need help running psx, I can help. I am the one that originally helped AndyVR get his running, hehe. Seems so long ago, already! I have also made videos on how to shrink psx games and run them in compressed form.

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
If you need help running psx, I can help. I am the one that originally helped AndyVR get his running, hehe. Seems so long ago, already! I have also made videos on how to shrink psx games and run them in compressed form.

Please share me your video link, I think I need it as well, hehe.

Mamertos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! i'm triying to customize the screen saver using the pixelart method, but it seems doesn't work in folders with non nes games. I would like to create my own pixelart in folders with gb, gbc or fds games only, per separate. Any idea? Thanks in advance.

SFNMutt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been able to get D2K or Donkey Kong Foundry working in retroarch. I've tried FBA, Mame2000, & Mame2003. regualr donkey kong is installed. I've tried dropping the dkong.zip rom in these 2 folders. I even tried combining the d2k11.zip w/ the dkong.zip but no luck. if anyone has a suggestion, I'd love it.

I also tried installing the bezel artwork for mame games. I added it to the samples zip & got it to install in the correct spot but couldn't figure out how to get mame to recognize it. I'm only installing old school arcade games. mainly the nintendo ones.

no problems with anything else other than a couple NES rom hacks. thanks to all who have put int he time to create hakchi & configure retroarch. the process couldn't be simplier. so professional.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please share me your video link, I think I need it as well, hehe.

The video link for shrinking PSX games is different than that of adding them via hakchi2. I did several parts to this. I have other methods of ripping them, as well.

As for adding PS1 to Hakchi2.

1. When going to add, choose all files, so it will show the ISO, etc. Once added...

2. Change advanced command line argument for that specific game from /bin/iso , etc TO /bin/pcsx

3. Install pcsx_rearmed from this link

https://github.com/DSkywalk/retroarch-clover/releases

4. In root directory of Bios Template Module that comes from this link

https://github.com/pcm720/retroarch-clover/releases

Copy into the root directory, where it says "place bios files here", these 3 specific bios files, SCPH101.BIN, SCPH1001.BIN, and SCPH7502.BIN

5. Then, you can rename this folder to PSX bios, or leave as is. I, myself, do a Master Bios Module, and include bios from all systems I play, that need them.

6. Install this, after copying into your USER MODS directory, within hakchi. You will use hakchi2, like any other module, to install it.

7. Simply synch the games, and as long as they are compatible, and you did everything right, they should run just fine:)

My videos take things to the next level by helping one shrink games to extremely small sizes. Removing Audio & Video, then compressing, makes them ultra tiny, at times! So, a game that takes up several hundred mb, typically, like Mega Man X4, can be shrunken to a mere 24 mb or so!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Posted mini-tutorial, as well as link to videos that will help shrink games to smaller size:) I just did Duke Nukem - Time to Kill for someone, and got it to a nice 62.5mb:)

Last edited by KMFDManic,
Reactions: maande80

TooMuchPower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't been able to get D2K or Donkey Kong Foundry working in retroarch. I've tried FBA, Mame2000, & Mame2003. regualr donkey kong is installed. I've tried dropping the dkong.zip rom in these 2 folders. I even tried combining the d2k11.zip w/ the dkong.zip but no luck. if anyone has a suggestion, I'd love it.

I also tried installing the bezel artwork for mame games. I added it to the samples zip & got it to install in the correct spot but couldn't figure out how to get mame to recognize it. I'm only installing old school arcade games. mainly the nintendo ones.

no problems with anything else other than a couple NES rom hacks. thanks to all who have put int he time to create hakchi & configure retroarch. the process couldn't be simplier. so professional.

How did you change the core from FBA to MAME2000 and MAME2003?

Heapa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The video link for shrinking PSX games is different than that of adding them via hakchi2. I did several parts to this. I have other methods of ripping them, as well.

As for adding PS1 to Hakchi2.

1. When going to add, choose all files, so it will show the ISO, etc. Once added...

2. Change advanced command line argument for that specific game from /bin/iso , etc TO /bin/pcsx

3. Install pcsx_rearmed from this link

https://github.com/DSkywalk/retroarch-clover/releases

4. In root directory of Bios Template Module that comes from this link

https://github.com/pcm720/retroarch-clover/releases

Copy into the root directory, where it says "place bios files here", these 3 specific bios files, SCPH101.BIN, SCPH1001.BIN, and SCPH7502.BIN

5. Then, you can rename this folder to PSX bios, or leave as is. I, myself, do a Master Bios Module, and include bios from all systems I play, that need them.

6. Install this, after copying into your USER MODS directory, within hakchi. You will use hakchi2, like any other module, to install it.

7. Simply synch the games, and as long as they are compatible, and you did everything right, they should run just fine:)

My videos take things to the next level by helping one shrink games to extremely small sizes. Removing Audio & Video, then compressing, makes them ultra tiny, at times! So, a game that takes up several hundred mb, typically, like Mega Man X4, can be shrunken to a mere 24 mb or so!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Posted mini-tutorial, as well as link to videos that will help shrink games to smaller size:) I just did Duke Nukem - Time to Kill for someone, and got it to a nice 62.5mb:)

Awesome! Thanks for your help, i'll give it a go

TooMuchPower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really?? 512 pages...

Exactly....512 pages, at this point information is buried somewhere in this massive thread.

Funny thing is it's probably something really easy, put this file here, then change the argument to this and that. But I can't find it in this mountain of posts.

Last edited by TooMuchPower,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly....512 pages, at this point information is buried somewhere in this massive thread.

Funny thing is it's probably something really easy, put this file here, then change the argument to this and that. But I can't find it in this mountain of posts.

Go to the end of my video to see quick, but proper way to add mame games with mame 2003. You need to make sure retroarch hmod and mame2003 are both installed. Then, follow my steps. If you need any deeper clarification, let me know. Note, some games will not run due to not being compatible or simply being wrong rom set. I suggest Bad Dudes as a test game, since it is all around compatible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the...