Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

saxman717

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks ofr the great work, Cluster & PCM --- with the latest PCM release, is it required to manually install cores or will some be automatically applied when the retroarch.hmod file is installed?

What are the most highly recommended/stable SNES, Gameboy & Sega Genesis cores so far? I've been using the standard cores included in the original Cluster release but have experienced slow-downs in games such as Yoshi's Island.

Supermario130

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That exactly how I'm looking to set mine up also.. where do you place those icons in so you can select them as you folder image??

Thanks

Bigjdoberman

Inside the hakchi folder you can find a folder_images folder. there you must place the pics you want to chose them in the folders manager.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, here's the Miyamoto Icon-Set and a few consoles icons.

iconset.PNG

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8mrpeb7be6ef7xi/folder_images.7z?dl=0

Feel free to use it.

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
Thanks ofr the great work, Cluster & PCM --- with the latest PCM release, is it required to manually install cores or will some be automatically applied when the retroarch.hmod file is installed?

Retroarch.hmod contains only Nestopia and FCEUmm. If you need Genesis emulation, install genesis_plus_gx module.
For Game Boy / Color, install gambatte.

Reactions: saxman717

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem: i uplaoded a folder called CLV-S-MONKY with those files (i already uploaded dosbox core):
CLV-S-MONKY.png
CLV-S-MONKY_small.png
CLV-S-MONKY.desktop
\MONKEY\monkey-island-game-files

.destop file is this:
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Exec=/bin/dosbox /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-S-MONKY/MONKEY.EXE
Path=/var/lib/clover/profiles/0/CLV-S-MONKY
Name=Monkey Island
Icon=/usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-S-MONKY/CLV-S-MONKY.png

[X-CLOVER Game]
Code=CLV-S-MONKY
TestID=777
ID=0
Players=1
Simultaneous=0
ReleaseDate=1990-12-01
SaveCount=0
SortRawTitle=monkey island
SortRawPublisher=LUCAS ARTS
Copyright=hakchi2 ©2017 Alexey 'Cluster' Avdyukhin

The folder won't show up in the gui... is someone able to understand why ?

Maurobr76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Inside the hakchi folder you can find a folder_images folder. there you must place the pics you want to chose them in the folders manager.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, here's the Miyamoto Icon-Set and a few consoles icons.

View attachment 79092

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8mrpeb7be6ef7xi/folder_images.7z?dl=0

Feel free to use it.

Looks nice, Will give them a try :)
Any plans on doing the (back Button, # and letters in any Nintendo retro design?

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem: i uplaoded a folder called CLV-S-MONKY with those files (i already uploaded dosbox core):
CLV-S-MONKY.png
CLV-S-MONKY_small.png
CLV-S-MONKY.desktop
\MONKEY\monkey-island-game-files

.destop file is this:
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Exec=/bin/dosbox /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-S-MONKY/MONKEY.EXE
Path=/var/lib/clover/profiles/0/CLV-S-MONKY
Name=Monkey Island
Icon=/usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-S-MONKY/CLV-S-MONKY.png

[X-CLOVER Game]
Code=CLV-S-MONKY
TestID=777
ID=0
Players=1
Simultaneous=0
ReleaseDate=1990-12-01
SaveCount=0
SortRawTitle=monkey island
SortRawPublisher=LUCAS ARTS
Copyright=hakchi2 ©2017 Alexey 'Cluster' Avdyukhin

The folder won't show up in the gui... is someone able to understand why ?
@Cluster will better to explain it, but I think the game folder is checked to only allow hakchi2 created folder, also I know that is good for users don't copy config.ini from previous releases but copied \games folder.

Rgs.

It's more easy now to add games like Monkey Island.
You need first dosbox core (i will make one in module form) then a monkey MSDOS version.
Extract the monkey.zip to a folder name nesito.
Then open hakchi2 and add new game, look to nesito folder and select the monkey.exe.
Then copy the GAME ID that hakchi2 creates to the monkey.exe "game" and search the folder in your \hakchi2\games\
THen copy all content from nesito to this folder, if ask you to remplace some file (monkey.exe) click no.
THen change in command line the path_to_you_app to the name that call the dosbox core.
Also can change name from monkey.exe to a better The Secret of Monkey Island add Lucasfilm de launch date... google the cover(this when the title is change remember)

Sincro to your mini... And enjoy Melee Island ;)

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,
Reactions: herm4n

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked this last night but didnt get a response yet so need to know what to do..I have five folders total in Folders Manager..NES Original Games has 30 games in it, NES A-M has 30 games in it..NES M-Z has 20 games in it, SNES games folder has 29 games and N64 folder has 21 games in it..I already removed Paper Mario and Corker Fur game because when I try syncing the console I get this error message "Sorry, there are 455bytes of games, its too much." so I have a feeling its the N64 games that I Have that is causing this but not sure what to get rid of..I went through the list and the majority of the games are either 32mb or around 16mb and 8mb..so not sure what limit Im allowed to have

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I asked this last night but didnt get a response yet so need to know what to do..I have five folders total in Folders Manager..NES Original Games has 30 games in it, NES A-M has 30 games in it..NES M-Z has 20 games in it, SNES games folder has 29 games and N64 folder has 21 games in it..I already removed Paper Mario and Corker Fur game because when I try syncing the console I get this error message "Sorry, there are 455bytes of games, its too much." so I have a feeling its the N64 games that I Have that is causing this but not sure what to get rid of..I went through the list and the majority of the games are either 32mb or around 16mb and 8mb..so not sure what limit Im allowed to have
The Console has a limit of 300Mb, i think. Huge N64 games take a lot of space. I know you can usually trim GBA roms, not sure if a N64 ROM Trimmer exists.

Either way, the software probably tells you you have 455Mbyte of games, right? Try lowering it to about 300Mbyte

saxman717

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retroarch.hmod contains only Nestopia and FCEUmm. If you need Genesis emulation, install genesis_plus_gx module.
For Game Boy / Color, install gambatte.

Great --- for SNES, was snes9x2010 the core included in the original Cluster retroarch.hmod release? The one included in the original 2.12 release has significant slowdowns for Yoshi's Island (possibly others as well). Is there a core available that solves this problem? Is snes9x2010 a different core that helps with this issue?

Also, probably a silly question and I think I know the answer ---- I can just uninstall the existing .hmod and install a new .hmod to the NESCE without having to go through the process of syncing my library of games again, right?

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Console has a limit of 300Mb, i think. Huge N64 games take a lot of space. I know you can usually trim GBA roms, not sure if a N64 ROM Trimmer exists.

Either way, the software probably tells you you have 455Mbyte of games, right? Try lowering it to about 300Mbyte

yeah that is the error message Im receiving..just not sure which N64 games I need to remove..the ones that are 32mb should be taken out? because I have no way of knowing when I have reached the 300mb threshold..SNES games probably are small so I doubt that is the problem..the two N64 games Paper Mario and Corker Fur I unchecked off the list so they are not appearing just not sure what to do with the other games

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah that is the error message Im receiving..just not sure which N64 games I need to remove..the ones that are 32mb should be taken out? because I have no way of knowing when I have reached the 300mb threshold..SNES games probably are small so I doubt that is the problem..the two N64 games Paper Mario and Corker Fur I unchecked off the list so they are not appearing just not sure what to do with the other games
So the software is telling you you have 455Mb of games, you need to lower it to less than 300. You need to delete as many N64 roms as possible totaling 155Mb.

Maths - not even once!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Chips Ahoy cookies :D:wub::D