Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the software is telling you you have 455Mb of games, you need to lower it to less than 300. You need to delete as many N64 roms as possible totaling 155Mb.

Maths - not even once!

I think its working now..at first when I just deleted the games from the folder it was not working still said I had too many games..but when I went to the home screen and actually unchecked the games now it says Uploading kernel..yeah its doing it slowly but its doing it at least

Hellequin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Retroarch.hmod contains only Nestopia and FCEUmm. If you need Genesis emulation, install genesis_plus_gx module.
For Game Boy / Color, install gambatte.
For now, if I understand correctly, FCEUmm is used for unsupported formats, or those for which we add the command line "--retroarch", unless it is a .fds, in which case Nestopia is used. Unless, then again, we use use_nestopia.hmod module, which give priority to Nestopia in every case FCEUmm would be normally used. Correct?

If we have set the Nes Mini to display CRT Filter, then, if we use Retroarch, the scanlines shader will be used instead, with 4/3 ratio?

How .fds games are managed when we need to change between face A and B? Just press a button?

Can we choose not to use a retroarch emulator to launch a .fds?

Finally, can we hide a game, other than the default ones, then load them from the Retroarch menu?

Thank you very much for your great work!

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
maybe a space in /bin/cps2/usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-U-WJXSD/mvscu.zip so its like ''/bin/cps2 /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-U-WJXSD/mvscu.zip''

a space after cps2 ? cause other games they all got the space there so i did that to mine

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

dam you beat me to it. good sir.
The wrong is this space and the rom use mvsc.zip about 23 MB

Rgs.

Edit: I see now that pcm720 and xxxwillisxxx tell you before me.

Last edited by nesito,

Parallax2814

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's a patched hakchi2 version some pages back. replace the exe ad you can select the used emulation by checkbox or global by menue

View attachment 79100

Be careful about links like that. If you were following the thread you would've seen that there was a sync issue/bug. It screwed up command line arguments on 25 or so games and I was unable to sync my NES Classic at all. I had to undo that version back to vanilla 2.12 to get it working again.

Cluster was notified about wanting to have that feature, but its best to wait for it to officially be implemented to make sure there arent any bugs and you don't mess up your hakchi2 install.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason now that I FINALLY removed some games and its working that I have to sync a few times for it to work..Ive already had to sync three times..I get a message apologizing for it taking so long and then the light goes off and I have to sync again

VoodooRage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason now that I FINALLY removed some games and its working that I have to sync a few times for it to work..Ive already had to sync three times..I get a message apologizing for it taking so long and then the light goes off and I have to sync again

That is normal. It just has to upload the kernel in chunks. Keep repeating the sync until it says finished. You might have to do it a bunch of times depending on how many games you are uploading. Each time you sync, it is adding more stuff.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, it can only upload a certain amount at once.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is normal. It just has to upload the kernel in chunks. Keep repeating the sync until it says finished. You might have to do it a bunch of times depending on how many games you are uploading. Each time you sync, it is adding more stuff.

That makes sense cool thanks so much for letting me know..had to remove about 5 N64 games but I doubt all of them work anyway LOL wish there was a list of N64 games confirmed working on this device would make things easier for me..what to get rid of and what to keep..same goes for SNES games..wish I had a nice image of the N64 to use for my folder right now its just an ugly N64 folder

Maurobr76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Be careful about links like that. If you were following the thread you would've seen that there was a sync issue/bug. It screwed up command line arguments on 25 or so games and I was unable to sync my NES Classic at all. I had to undo that version back to vanilla 2.12 to get it working again.

Cluster was notified about wanting to have that feature, but its best to wait for it to officially be implemented to make sure there arent any bugs and you don't mess up your hakchi2 install.

Thanks for the warning :)

I try the "--retroarch" at end of commandline first, or els i wait :)

Reactions: Parallax2814

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
For now, if I understand correctly, FCEUmm is used for unsupported formats, or those for which we add the command line "--retroarch", unless it is a .fds, in which case Nestopia is used. Unless, then again, we use use_nestopia.hmod module, which give priority to Nestopia in every case FCEUmm would be normally used. Correct?

FCEUmm is used if the game's mapper is not supported by kachikachi (NES Mini's emulator) or there's --retroarch in command line arguments. If the file extension is .fds, Nestopia will be used instead.
If you install use_nestopia.hmod, FCEUmm won't be used at all.

If we have set the Nes Mini to display CRT Filter, then, if we use Retroarch, the scanlines shader will be used instead, with 4/3 ratio?!

Yes, that's right.

How .fds games are managed when we need to change between face A and B? Just press a button?

Haven't played FDS games longer than five seconds, so not sure about that.

Can we choose not to use a retroarch emulator to launch a .fds?

The default behaviour for FDS games is to always use kachikachi unless you explicitly set --retroarch flag in command line arguments.

Finally, can we hide a game, other than the default ones, then load them from the Retroarch menu?

Well, you can, but not really. You can put roms to CLV-Z-RARCH folder.
This way the .desktop will point to RetroArch's GUI, but folder's contents will be uploaded, too.

VoodooRage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That makes sense cool thanks so much for letting me know..had to remove about 5 N64 games but I doubt all of them work anyway LOL wish there was a list of N64 games confirmed working on this device would make things easier for me..what to get rid of and what to keep..same goes for SNES games..wish I had a nice image of the N64 to use for my folder right now its just an ugly N64 folder

You might uncheck everything and just sync the games like 1 or 2 at a time, just to test them. That way you aren't having to do a massive sync every time.

Just to check, I tested mine to make sure I didn't lose all my work on my folder setup if I unchecked everything and Hakchi is pretty smart about remembering which game goes to which folder when you add them back in.

Last edited by VoodooRage,

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So i tried syncing marvel vs capcom and AVSP cps2 games again with both in seperate folders but Still sync failed, and got C2 error ( nothing worry about just had reset language everything else works still.

Guess I got just do marvel vs capcom solo ?

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
So i tried syncing marvel vs capcom and AVSP cps2 games again with both in seperate folders but Still sync failed, and got C2 error ( nothing worry about just had reset language everything else works still.

Guess I got just do marvel vs capcom solo ?
There's a folder limit I think for non NES games that don't permit (even If the mini has no games selected ~300MB available)

Rgs.

baconcow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Inside the hakchi folder you can find a folder_images folder. there you must place the pics you want to chose them in the folders manager.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, here's the Miyamoto Icon-Set and a few consoles icons.

View attachment 79092

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8mrpeb7be6ef7xi/folder_images.7z?dl=0

Feel free to use it.

FYI, the size of the box that the images fit in is 228 pixels wide by 204 pixels high. These images will end up scaling poorly.

Maurobr76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
"--retroarch" in commandline of Asterix didnt help :(

Will wait for clusters update and hope that Will make Asterix work for me.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok it says uploading the kernel but it seems to be at the finish line yet nothing is happening and the light is off(Only turns on when it asks me to reconnect the device again)

Edit: said it was executing the image then it brought up the same stupid thing about waiting for it to turn red and to sync again now its back on the same spot

Last edited by Lakerfanalways,

VoodooRage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I grew up with the Intellivision system. Too bad it had such a funky controller (a billion buttons and an overlay); will probably never be playable as an emulated game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol