ROM Hack [GB(C)] Injection with the New Generation of VC

Deleted member 370283

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any game using Link Cable functions can be patched to work with this version of the emulator.
The only hitch is actually going through the code and figuring out where the specific functions are. Disassemblies immensely help in this regard.

Reactions: CatmanFan

Deleted member 370283

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... Nintendo's VC emulator supports custom .patch files in the root of the program.
They are formatted basically like a .INI file, but the functions within the .patch file are (at this point) a bit unclear.

For creating the Crystal patch, I heavily referenced the original Pokemon Red/Blue patches by Nintendo.

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
Added you to the convo.

From this point forward, I think I have enough testers.
just want to ask if the link feature is a patch on the emulator or in the game dump itself?

if the patch is applied on emulator, it will be available for all games using link feature...
but if it will be applied on specific offset on a game dump, we manually do it for each game...

just want to ask, which is which?

Deleted member 370283

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please be patient.
I'm just now getting some final results, and am adjusting the patch accordingly.

If it helps hold over the wait at all, one of the testers (@Traiver) was able to successfully battle using the Cable Club. There are still a few kinks to work out, though.

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Please be patient.
I'm just now getting some final results, and am adjusting the patch accordingly.

If it helps hold over the wait at all, one of the testers (@Traiver) was able to successfully battle using the Cable Club. There are still a few kinks to work out, though.
I was just curious, sorry. I didn't think you and the testers were "debugging" by PM's.

You did a revolution here!

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
I have also seen another YouTube video involving trading with a sort of custom Pokémon Green (English) VC on a New 3DS XL with legit Pokémon Red VC on a 2DS. It also shows at the end that the trade doesn't corrupt the save for Pokémon Blue on the New 3DS XL.

Last edited by CatmanFan,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have also seen another YouTube video involving trading with a sort of custom Pokémon Green (English) VC on a New 3DS XL with legit Pokémon Red VC on a 2DS. It also shows at the end how Pokémon Blue's save on the New 3DS XL wasn't corrupted by the trade.

Probably uses the same Link Cable hook locations as RBY.

As for that awful 2DS skin in the thumbnail... Ugh, skins like that are awful. (No it's not because of the ponies)
Seriously? Just slapping a stock image around the borders of the console? The screens crop the logo and ponies to have it all cut in pieces, you can hardly tell what it even is supposed to be. And the color of the skin doesn't even go with the console...
I mean seriously, if i were to buy a skin (I wouldn't as they all look pretty crappy) I think they should at least make it look decent. A console themed like Zelda doesn't just have a stock picture of Wind Waker HD around the Wii U gamepad cutting off everything but the edges of it.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
As for that awful 2DS skin in the thumbnail... Ugh, skins like that are awful. (No it's not because of the ponies)
Seriously? Just slapping a stock image around the borders of the console? The screens crop the logo and ponies to have it all cut in pieces, you can hardly tell what it even is supposed to be. And the color of the skin doesn't even go with the console...
I mean seriously, if i were to buy a skin (I wouldn't as they all look pretty crappy) I think they should at least make it look decent. A console themed like Zelda doesn't just have a stock picture of Wind Waker HD around the Wii U gamepad cutting off everything but the edges of it.
That's not that important in this subject; what we're talking about here is New VC gen. injection. (no offense)

I've also found a video showing trading with custom Pokémon Green and legit Pokémon Blue using the same N3DS XL and 2DS.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not that important in this subject; what we're talking about here is New VC gen. injection. (no offense)

I've also found a video showing trading with custom Pokémon Green and legit Pokémon Blue using the same N3DS XL and 2DS.

It isn't important, I know, but it just looks so bad.

All that means is that the games are compatible with multiplayer... Same VC hook locations as RB, probably, and both the hack and the original RB work together.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
It isn't important, I know, but it just looks so bad.

All that means is that the games are compatible with multiplayer... Same VC hook locations as RB, probably, and both the hack and the original RB work together.
That's because the Green (English) ROM is really just a Pokémon Blue romhack that was made to resemble the Japanese release of Green, since both were Pokémon gen 1 games. Nothing in the Nintendo config file inside the CIA was changed anyway, since it's a Blue romhack.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because the Green (English) ROM is really just a Pokémon Blue romhack that was made to resemble the Japanese release of Green, since both were Pokémon gen 1 games. Nothing in the Nintendo config file inside the CIA was changed anyway, since it's a Blue romhack.
Then it doesn't bring anything significant to the table...

Dayfid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All features (Trading, battling, and I guess the time capsule) are usable.
Right now, I just need some playtesters who have two homebrew enabled 3DSs and the ability to install CIAs to make sure this fully works. (I guess if you can use HANS, that works too)
I can test trading between a O3DS and 2DS. :)

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: Hyrule Warriors legends