CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Hi all (sorry for bumping this several-month old thread, but it is still relevant),

I tried injecting one of the Red color hack ROMs (specifically, this one) into Pokémon Red on the 3DS via Luma (just overriding the config.ini and Dmgapae0.e69 via /luma/titles/0004000000170000/romfs/) but in-game it seems there's graphical corruption. Loading this ROM directly into an emulator, VisualBoyAdvance gives no errors and everything is fine.
Screenshots inside spoiler tag:

Could this be Nintendo's official patch messing up sprites in-game? Trading does seem to work, though.
See, this is why we should make our own patches for Pokémon new VC injects.
also 600th reply woo

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
sorry for bumping here, but now we have the gen2 releases, so probably a lot of stuff would get possible now? , like the color hacks for gen1 or others hacks working with the trade feature?
what I want to ask here is how i'ts possible to make a inject to work normally? I just want to test some translations and give my buddy's thar don't know english, a way to play reading the history lol

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
but now we have the gen2 releases, so probably a lot of stuff would get possible now?
Nothing much that wasn't possible before, actually

like the color hacks for gen1 or others hacks working with the trade feature?
As usual, what must be done to get network support for a GB/C game is to research the game's code for the offset of network-related features, and write a patch file that points the emulator to these functions (as seen in the topic that created working network "patches" for pokemon gen 2 almost a year before nintendo officially did them)

Decent knowledge of the GB/C architecture (machine language, typical software implementation of multiplayer, ...) strongly recommended!

Reactions: Sliter

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nothing much that wasn't possible before, actually

As usual, what must be done to get network support for a GB/C game is to research the game's code for the offset of network-related features, and write a patch file that points the emulator to these functions (as seen in the topic that created working network "patches" for pokemon gen 2 almost a year before nintendo officially did them)
oh right, thanks

Decent knowledge of the GB/C architecture (machine language, typical software implementation of multiplayer, ...) strongly recommended!
oh no xD

the last release of this injector must do what I want, bu the patch you told me must be what you told me about changing what is needed on the rom
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gb-vc-injector-for-3ds.437118/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: