ROM Hack [GB(C)] Injection with the New Generation of VC

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Yup. That's what this is all about, taking what Nintendo did with the official Pokemon RBY 3DS VC titles that allowed for wireless battling and linking and making it work with Gold, Silver, and Crystal. It was found to not be the easiest of tasks, however, they've managed to get it done, and that I think is something that should be applauded haha.
So these are modified gbc roms made by fans? if yes where can I get these roms?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in the future, would it be possible for people to patch VC games that had local connectivity to work, not just Pokemon games? It'd be cool to be able to restore SMB Deluxe to actually have its local stuff again.

I'm sure the same kind of method could be used for other GB/C games, however, the guy working on this went on to say that he's only doing it for Gold, Silver, and Crystal. So whatever he did here would have to be done by someone else for other GB/C games. My understanding is that it's not as simple as just copying and pasting the patch from one game to the next.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Exactly. Not many GB/C games share a standard connection protocol in their coding that meshes well with the new VC it seems. If that were the case then this would've all been as simple as dropping Pokemon GSC or any other game for that matter into the New VC with no connective issues.

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure the same kind of method could be used for other GB/C games, however, the guy working on this went on to say that he's only doing it for Gold, Silver, and Crystal. So whatever he did here would have to be done by someone else for other GB/C games. My understanding is that it's not as simple as just copying and pasting the patch from one game to the next.
I grew up with the second generation of Pokémon, so Gold, Silver and Crystal. That's my only reason for making this. I'm not interested in future games like the GBA ones or some other GBC games I don't like.

Deleted member 370283

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to remind those of you who want to know if the patch was released...

I will be making a separate release thread and posting a link to it here. You will know when it is out, trust me.

Reactions: XRaidersP

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you guys release this amazing project, it would be pretty cool if you also gave us a write up of how it came to be. I know I for one would love to attempt to replicate this on one of my favorite hacks, but even besides that it would be awesome even for research into the VC itself.

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you guys release this amazing project, it would be pretty cool if you also gave us a write up of how it came to be. I know I for one would love to attempt to replicate this on one of my favorite hacks, but even besides that it would be awesome even for research into the VC itself.
If you mean GBC hacks, it's coming our for several GBC GSC hacks, too.

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for example?
Bronze & Crystal Emu Edition for example.

I mostly meant to do it for Danny-E 33's full color Pokemon Yellow, but that's still awesome to hear.
You can patch this by yourself, just extract the yellow game and compare it to the full color hack and look for matches. There is no need for our patches to do that.

Last edited by Traiver,

Deleted member 370283

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Traiver is it only english or other lang too?
@Traiver DID make a port to the German version of Pokemon Crystal, and the door is certainly open for anyone else to port it to their preferred language.

It wouldn't be as exciting as you'd think. :P

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bronze & Crystal Emu Edition for example.

You can patch this by yourself, just extract the yellow game and compare it to the full color hack and look for matches. There is no need for our patches to do that.

True enough, thanks for the tips.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Traiver DID make a port to the German version of Pokemon Crystal, and the door is certainly open for anyone else to port it to their preferred language.

It wouldn't be as exciting as you'd think. :P

Lol fair enough, but I guess not all great discoveries have to be terribly exciting. If anything, it would still be pretty great for the community's learning purposes since everyone basically wrote this off as highly improbable, but I don't know if that's enough to justify the write up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.