Hacking Gateway 3.1 Ultra Public Beta Has Arrived (EUR, USA, JPN)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 264,496
  • Replies 1,957
  • Likes 4

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's still in beta and in future releases it may not require any additional hardware.. these things take time and I'm happy that they released something that works. If you are dissatisfied than purchase retail games or wait.

GW has released 5 betas in a row , they must be really behind in so many things, did they ever straighten out 2ds support?
looks like they are going to be really busy for a long time

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine is working perfectly fine running emunand.. I've even updated to 9.5

well than you please confirm for us if it says GW next to the FW version in settings?
someone has reported that they dont see GW net to the FW version number in settings after they set up emunand

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'd still rather launch Gateway mode with a retail cart then through the internet browser.

The amount of times I had to format my 3ds xl in the last few months is horrendous. I can nearly do the entire set-up process with my eyes closed:rofl2:

You had to?

I had had no update nag since January 9th, no ip blocking set up (only on my WiiU and N3DS)

I think you haven't got the trick. I litterally launch gateway browser exploit 5 time a day, never got an update prompt.
Just keep wireless off before shuting down emunand.
turn on your 3ds, load browser, go to favorite, turn on wireless and quickly load the gateway page.

100% success rate, no update nag B-)

Reactions: mmn

jaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well than you please confirm for us if it says GW next to the FW version in settings?
someone has reported that they dont see GW net to the FW version number in settings after they set up emunand

I see GW next to mine. You have to choose format Emunand first.

I just did a CIA install and it's working on GW9.5.

Reactions: weatMod

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not even 3 pages back some explained what you needed to do. Try reading.

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
New 3DS XL, with Emunand on 9.5 not Sysnand. Can select games on Gateway by pressing select like before. Also can install CIA with DevMenu. Not sure what isn't working, but it seems to be working great for me.

How's the 3D like? Just wanna confirm since Gateway said head tracking would be stuck.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Needing a retail game to do this is rubbish, and everyone knows it. Forget piracy, people have retail games that they just want to install as CIA on their N3DS for almost half a year, and if they dont have that specific game, they are out of luck. RUBBISH.

To be fair even the Nintendo Wii needed Smash bros brawl, a LEGO game or Yugioh 5ds to hack so thats not so bad, + the game is zelda oot is pretty good, just means New n3ds owners will have to buy 1 game when they get the system, not that bad at all

+ I'm really happy the update finally came, so many people lost faith :P

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Doing an image disk on the original 4 GB Emunand 9.5 then restoring it on the 32 GB one works, but it still only display 9.5, not GW 9.5.

Probably just a little bug because multirom is working and once I reboot, I'm back on 9.0 (sysnand).

I'll just keep the 4 GB Micro-SD Card until they fix the bug.

Reactions: VinsCool

deliverator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emunand doesn't work yet with N3DS, as N3DS nand is twice the size of old 3DS (~1.9 GB against ~0.9 GB).

But yeah, using something to do a disk image then to extend the partition might work.

Tried it. Doesn't work. Dumped my 4gb with acronis restored it to my 8gb, resized and moved the partitions. All I get is a black screen with the 8gb

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair even the Nintendo Wii needed Smash bros brawl, a LEGO game or Yugioh 5ds to hack so thats not so bad, + the game is zelda oot is pretty good, just means New n3ds owners will have to buy 1 game when they get the system, not that bad at all

+ I'm really happy the update finally came, so many people lost faith :P

no its sux cause most of us have imported consoles ,it's not easy to find an import copy for a decent price and someone willing to ship it and moe we got 60/40 reports of some carts not even working at all

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
has anybody gotten this to work on JAPANESE N3DS LL? 8.1 firmware maybe?

I forgot to ask you, do you have a japanese version of Zelda Ocarina of Time? If not your going to need that, a U.S. copy will not work. Just a heads up, also try to get one soon if you don't have one because prices going to skyrocket but we need to find a way to identify the working japanese OoT carts, problem is not many japanese n3ds users with gateway on gbatemp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with...