Hacking Gateway 3.1 Ultra Public Beta Has Arrived (EUR, USA, JPN)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 263,158
  • Replies 1,957
  • Likes 4

Maximoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey folks, Gateway update 3.1.1 with Cubic Ninja support is Out!!!!

Edit: I am very late,LOL, there is already a topic. Sorry about that!

Blue Lamb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
before I make a new thread, I was wondering if someone might be able to answer a few quick questions since it seems pretty active here.

I'm on 9.2 and just got my gateway today. I've backed up my NAND and updated my Red card firmware.

•I simply move the ROM file to the Micro SD card, boot into gateway mode, and press Select to play the ROMS, right?

•To change the ROM from .3DS to .3DZ, I just rename the extension to .3DZ.
♦To play online, I have to use on a .3DZ file?

•How do I set up EmuNAND to play online?

If you could show me guides or can explain, I'll be grateful.

Thanks guys!

edit:
•should my SD and Mircro SD both be FAT32?

LebaD1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
before I make a new thread, I was wondering if someone might be able to answer a few quick questions since it seems pretty active here.

I'm on 9.2 and just got my gateway today. I've backed up my NAND and updated my Red card firmware.
=> did you do the Format Emunand to create it (it's not mandatory, but if Not you will not be able to install cia safely)

•I simply move the ROM file to the Micro SD card, boot into gateway mode, and press Select to play the ROMS, right?
=> yes this is the way to play also without emunand installed on your New3dsMicoSd card)

•To change the ROM from .3DS to .3DZ, I just rename the extension to .3DZ.
=> I don't know (but why do you want to do that?)

♦To play online, I have to use on a .3DZ file?
=> if you have your own backup I think that it is safe but I'm not sure I use my retail card to play online :D)

•How do I set up EmuNAND to play online?
There is no set up but you need to create it ;)

If you could show me guides or can explain, I'll be grateful.

Thanks guys!

LebaD1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
edit:
Your New3dsMicroSD card is by default in FAT32 I use it in FAT32 for any size of my micro sd cards it's OK
But for the Gateway Card the best is that you format in exFat this will allow you to use 3ds Backup games which are more than 1gigabyte

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edit:
Your New3dsMicroSD card is by default in FAT32 I use it in FAT32 for any size of my micro sd cards it's OK
But for the Gateway Card the best is that you format in exFat this will allow you to use 3ds Backup games which are more than 1gigabyte
Not exactly. SDXC specification is exFAT. So the default is exFAT for 64GB+ cards. Source: SD Association. Sdcard.org

The 3DS does not support exFAT, gateway does. So if the mSD or SD is internal you must format it fat32.

Reactions: LebaD1

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
3.1 with Cubic Ninja (ONLY) support is out.....(if you only have OoT and NOT CN don't update)

a admin should update the home page or featured news
3.1.1 supports both OoT and CN. Even if you only have OoT it is recommended to update, because it also fixes bugs such as "GW3D" prefix not showing on emuNAND.

nor3x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.1.1 supports both OoT and CN. Even if you only have OoT it is recommended to update, because it also fixes bugs such as "GW3D" prefix not showing on emuNAND.

Just a quick question, if you update do you know if it messes up your current emunand (aka make you format)?

Kirit0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this isnt related to the new 3ds getting the option to us gateway, but could anybody please help me ( might have been asked before) i have a 16 gb micro sd card for gw and every rom i put in it seems to work but large files like donkey kong country returns and monster hunter 4u don't seem to fit it it. i have about 9 gb left on the micro and if i just try to put mh4u it wouldnt go and give a message saying that the file is too large. thinking that it might have something to do with my sd card for the 3ds i bought and 32 gig sd card, doing the whole emunand thing and setting up the new sd card worked perfectly but again when i try to put the rom it wont fit. i bought these sd cards from Amazon.

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
this isnt related to the new 3ds getting the option to us gateway, but could anybody please help me ( might have been asked before) i have a 16 gb micro sd card for gw and every rom i put in it seems to work but large files like donkey kong country returns and monster hunter 4u don't seem to fit it it. i have about 9 gb left on the micro and if i just try to put mh4u it wouldnt go and give a message saying that the file is too large. thinking that it might have something to do with my sd card for the 3ds i bought and 32 gig sd card, doing the whole emunand thing and setting up the new sd card worked perfectly but again when i try to put the rom it wont fit. i bought these sd cards from Amazon.
Make sure you're using exFAT for the microSD on the red Gateway cart.
Failing that, you might have those fake cards that pretend to have more storage capacity than they really have. Try H2testw to check if this is the case.

Reactions: Kirit0

Twili

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
10/10

pnsfezy.jpg

2vG8GBy.jpg

Dumped my copy of Majora's Mask 3D. Then proceeded to use arcshift's Decrypt9 Launcher.dat...

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Users on 3.1.1 and latest emunand fw 9.5 + plays oras,
On non-jap 3ds, do me a favor:

Go mystery gift, serial code, "serena01"

I was collecting jap wondercards in above configuration,
Despite using us 3ds ..

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
I have a Jap N3DS and the GW and Jap OoT are coming in the mail.

I'm not really keen on buying a save dongle: could anyone please confirm that using a DS and DSaveManager (http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/DSaveManager) actually works?

Also, once I run the exploit, will I be able to run EU/US roms?

Apprently yes, I have my save dongle coming this week hopefully also and that should work I believe

Gateway recommended it on their homepage so it should do the trick also :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge. +1