Hacking Gateway 3.1 Ultra Public Beta Has Arrived (EUR, USA, JPN)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 265,810
  • Replies 1,957
  • Likes 4

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im telling you... I bought an extra Gaytwait card for my wife, believing in the fabled update( yeah, works perfect on the old 3ds), but we have n3ds that we want to use and have CIA. I feel ripped off, because this is NOTHING like the video they showed..... its a clear bait and switch.

When did Gateway say it will work on the newest firmware? I recall this picture from their website
download.png

Reactions: VinsCool

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well gateway said that they postponed the release because they've been trying to establish a better way of loading the exploit but it's clearly not easy.. sky or QQ just mimic a retail card but lacks features. Gateway will continue to search for other exploits.. this version is just a beta. If you don't have the game or don't want to pay than just wait.

but i wonder if they have totally given up on the mii maker exploit altogether or if it never existed and sony was full of shit all along?
maybe they are still working on miimaker exploit entry point?
they never said they scrapped the mii maker exploit yet

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im telling you... I bought an extra Gaytwait card for my wife, believing in the fabled update( yeah, works perfect on the old 3ds), but we have n3ds that we want to use and have CIA. I feel ripped off, because this is NOTHING like the video they showed..... its a clear bait and switch.

I don't believe the video showed the exploit method, 3.1 runs just like the video.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When did Gateway say it will work on the newest firmware? I recall this picture from their website
download.png
I have a 9.0 n3ds.. I am in their limits..

and why did u ask me this? i never mentioned latest firmware or anything.

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
Seems there is a bug with big Micro-SD Cards (16 and 32 GB for example).

Emunand will install fine and multirom menu will work fine but system settings won't show GW before the firmware version (seems it switch you back to sysnand when you enter settings, so it's better to not update if you don't see GW).

Works fine with the original 4 GB Micro-SD card though (show GW, and update fine to 9.5.23).

About the preinstalled game, it seems you just have to backup your Micro-SD card before the emunand installation then copy back the files once emunand is installed (as long as you don't use the "format" option in sysnand, it should work fine and give you the preinstalled game back in sysnand).

I suppose in that case, you should create the EmuNAND partition on the original microSD card, then extract it and inject it to the larger microSD card using EmuNAND tool. Can you test that, and tell me if it's still missing the GW part?

Reactions: VinsCool

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
but i wonder if they have totally given up on the mii maker exploit altogether or if it never existed and sony was full of shit all along?

I wonder if that miimaker exploit wasn't fake all that time XD

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 9.0 n3ds.. I am in their limits..

and why did u ask me this? i never mentioned latest firmware or anything.

Ultra 3.1 is exactly how the video showed. you press select and the multi-rom menu pops up. Don't get mad because you need a game to launch it. Cubic Ninja is ~$20 so the total price still comes up about the same as sky3ds

You want a corrupt mii in your console or something?

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country
Its very simple. They over estimated their ability to fix bugs with their first n3ds exploit. This why they use LOZOOT exploit.

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Honestly I dont take anyones speculations to heart because 99% of the time they are guessing or full of shit. Gateway says they will continue to improve the beta and possibly make an easier exploit work.. give it time.

Pounou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you have been following the scene you should have know that 9.2+ firmwares aren't supported ;)
C'est trop tard l'ami, tu devras te tourner vers le SKY3DS :lol:

I prefer stay with my old 3ds gw and the n3ds for official game and eshop. I dont want only piracy i will never buy a sky3ds but i have to admit that they are the only one capable of work on 9.5 firmware

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country
I very much happy. My LOZOOT is being shipped to me now. Will get in less than a week. Better than months for POSSIBLE (not confirmed) cubic ninja support.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Its very simple. They over estimated their ability to fix bugs with their first n3ds exploit. This why they use LOZOOT exploit.

I think they should have used Cubic Ninja instead...

Everyone was expecting it. At least they confirmed it is in progress in that case.

Reactions: Adeka

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have heard reports of people setting up emunand and going into settings and not seeing gw3ds 9.0.0 whatever
no indication they are in emunand ,so can anyone confirm that this is the case across the board?
anyone set up emunand and have the GW next to it in settings?
or is it like in their video where it doesnt show up cause people are reporting in th eOOT revision thread that it does not indicate it is emunand

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm buying an Aus copy from someone local today. Come tonight, I should hopefully have Gateway up and running in my hot little hands.

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I very much happy. My LOZOOT is being shipped to me now. Will get in less than a week. Better than months for POSSIBLE (not confirmed) cubic ninja support.

Just be aware that not all copies of Oot work.. we're thinking that the updated ver. 1.1 doesnt work. Hopefully yours will be older.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I prefer stay with my old 3ds gw and the n3ds for official game and eshop. I dont want only piracy i will never buy a sky3ds but i have to admit that they are the only one capable of work on 9.5 firmware

Yeah, as long you are happy with your consoles and games, it doesn't really matter :D

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country
you understand not every copy of the game is exploitable right?

Yes. Worse come to worse I have a new game to play on my N3ds. I'm a casual pirate. I don't mind actually buying the game and play it itself. I no hardcore pirate. Buying n3ds and gateway just for pirating.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

"NOTE: We are also working on using Cubic Ninja as a means to load our Gateway menu, please stay tuned for more information soon!"
soon!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/X2x6pu6vSjU