Hacking Gateway 3.1 Ultra Public Beta Has Arrived (EUR, USA, JPN)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 265,645
  • Replies 1,957
  • Likes 4

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
no its sux cause most of us have imported consoles ,it's not easy to find an import copy for a decent price and someone willing to ship it and moe we got 60/40 reports of some carts not even working at all

See? Importing wasn't really worth it after all :P

pikanag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah i dont got one yet. im looking on amazon but idk what to buy? i read there are 2 different versions, im scared i will get the shitty one and end up wasting $. i also dont even got a save dongle. what do you think i should do? risk it and just buy one? or wait

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
This thread blew up in record time didn't it. So we need an 8gb card for emunand, doesn't support emunand 9.5 anything else to know? Want to update my guide.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See? Importing wasn't really worth it after all :P

yeah but i really wanted blue, atlesat i got my 1st color choice
may go out tomorrow and search for a 9.0 N3ds
take it home remove the MB put it back together ,put it back in box and return it
since i already have OOT and CN US copies
i can put the US MB in my blue AU N3ds and still have an extra working pal MB on 9.0

Reactions: 2Hack

s-arash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
worst release ever

ocarina of time production is stopped , idk wtf happend to qr codes , its much more better solution than this

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah i dont got one yet. im looking on amazon but idk what to buy? i read there are 2 different versions, im scared i will get the shitty one and end up wasting $. i also dont even got a save dongle. what do you think i should do? risk it and just buy one? or wait

i would wait or buy a CN now before they release support for it

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tried it. Doesn't work. Dumped my 4gb with acronis restored it to my 8gb, resized and moved the partitions. All I get is a black screen with the 8gb

I meant emunandtool in my quote by the way, but I'm sure everyone understood it ^^

I managed to resize the unallocated space but it changed nothing, still ~6000 blocks free.

So I guess we'll have to wait a emunandtool update/gateway fix to use bigger cards safely.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yeah but i really wanted blue, atlesat i got my 1st color choice
may go out tomorrow and search for a 9.0 N3ds
take it home remove the MB put it back together ,put it back in box and return it
since i already have OOT and CN US copies
i can put the US MB in my blue AU N3ds and still have an extra working pal MB on 9.0
So you're gonna return an us console with an pal motherboard?

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm actually pretty staggered that so many people are complaining about needing Ocarina of Time. Why on earth don't you all have it already? It was a day one purchase for me and is one of the best games on the system and probably of all time!

razielleonhart

RazzyDee
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm actually pretty staggered that so many people are complaining about needing Ocarina of Time. Why on earth don't you all have it already? It was a day one purchase for me and is one of the best games on the system and probably of all time!

most of the real gamers own that game. some people have a import system so it dont work for them. As for me my 1.0 copy dont work for me

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

Some people like me bought it on nintendo eshop though.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're gonna return an us console with an pal motherboard?

no im gonna return a US console with NO MB
might hot glue is a headphone jack for good measure , i got no extra ac adapter jack to glue in though
what difference does it make EU MB no MB whoever tries to use it wont work either way and it will be returned to uncle ninty
serves them right for region locking their consoles in this day and age

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Japanese copy of Cubic ninja is a safer bet imo ATM, with my thread showing OoT compatibility all over the place. To my knowledge there was only one release of cubic ninja and no revisions thus all carts should work.. But this hinges on gateway releasing a cubic ninja entry point which they say they are working on and I actually believe them on this as I always said smealum sold the ninjahax entry point to gateway before the ninjhax release.

There are a few people working on trying to get a sky 3ds to run the OoT rom and save exploit, but no real progress has been made yet openly, but if they did figure it out this would be your and everyone's best bet.

Ethier way you are going to have to wait, you can risk purchasing a cart but I'd order like 5 of them and hope one worked if I was impatient and sold the rest that didn't/extra that worked to recoup my money. Imo just wait, I really think the cubic ninja entry point will be released eventually and 100% gaurnteed to work as long as gatway keeps their word.

Idk a very hard decision, you could always just do what I said in another reply to you a few days ago, buy a red or black n3ds and swap the top and bottem faceplate and sell the japanese n3ds, I don't think you will lose much money if any money if you do a good job, thus be easier to find retail games for exploits.

As I said idk.

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
most of the real gamers own that game. some people have a import system so it dont work for them. As for me my 1.0 copy dont work for me

Hmm that's no good, I wonder why? I'm assuming mine is 1.0 as I bought it the day it came out in the UK. I haven't tried yet, I want to finish the game before I blow away my save.

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
worst release ever

ocarina of time production is stopped , idk wtf happend to qr codes , its much more better solution than this

Exactly what I wrote...

"What I don't seem to understand is why didn't they use Cubic Ninja in the first place? That would've clearly eliminated the stupid save file and old 3DS requirement.

Only reason I can think of is maybe it'll work on firmware above 9.2 and Nintendo hasn't patched it yet, but Gateway's website clearly states 9.2 or below."

I am SO GLAD I bought a Cubic Ninja. Got it for €23 including shipping to my country :D

razielleonhart

RazzyDee
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm that's no good, I wonder why? I'm assuming mine is 1.0 as I bought it the day it came out in the UK. I haven't tried yet, I want to finish the game before I blow away my save.

i have a powersave 3ds as well as the R4i save thingy so i backed up my save. I am thinking that the mass download might have messed up the zip

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm on the seefood diet... So far I've gained 30 pounds