Hacking Gateway 3.1 Ultra Public Beta Has Arrived (EUR, USA, JPN)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 265,673
  • Replies 1,957
  • Likes 4

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
no im gonna return a US console with NO MB
might hot glue is a headphone jack for good measure , i got no extra ac adapter jack to glue in though
what difference does it make EU MB no MB whoever tries to use it wont work either way and it will be returned to nintendo
serves them right for region locking their consoles in this day and age
Personally I don't agree with this tactic :P ( moral compass), and to warn you already: They can see that you opens the ds due to some stickers I thought ( not sure)

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually pretty staggered that so many people are complaining about needing Ocarina of Time. Why on earth don't you all have it already? It was a day one purchase for me and is one of the best games on the system and probably of all time!

most of us in the US who use GW imported out N3ds consoles, i have OOT and CN but both are US region

dustmite

Stays Frosty
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Total disaster. Looked everywhere... there is no JAP OoT available. I am f.cked.

This is really the worst possible scenario. Thanks for lying to us all over the place.

Now my GW and N3DS is a worthless POS.

FU GW!!!

Waited since DECEMBER for this SHIT!!!!!

Random Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the sky3ds works launching cubic ninja right? So those with sky3ds cards don't need to worry about getting the retail cart ?

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm that's no good, I wonder why? I'm assuming mine is 1.0 as I bought it the day it came out in the UK. I haven't tried yet, I want to finish the game before I blow away my save.

Theory ppl are talking about in my OoT compatibility thread is that 1.0 1.1 and 1.2 were released on release day, the changed the revisions during the initial manufacturing run. This would explain all the OoT problems especially with launch carts.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I don't agree with this tactic :P ( moral compass), and to warn you already: They can see that you opens the ds due to some stickers I thought ( not sure)

nah you go to big box retailers i opened and returned like 6 3ds xl looking for a 4.5 a couple years ago, they return it w/o even opening the box
i didnt screw with them though, just turned them on and checked the FW then returned the ones that didnt have 4.5

the old 3ds xl just had a circular clear sticker over the box where it opened but you could peel it off and replace it easily without making it look like it was opened,the N3ds though has no stickers but the box does seem to bend a bit when you open it, and kind of a pain to put the cardboard back in, i saw my friend open his US N3ds

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Theory ppl are talking about in my OoT compatibility thread is that 1.0 1.1 and 1.2 were released on release day, the changed the revisions during the initial manufacturing run. This would explain all the OoT problems especially with launch carts.

Oh crap, so it's total pot luck no matter when you bought it. I thought I was safe because I bought at launch. Gateway need to get their shit together and get it working on all of them.

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the sky3ds works launching cubic ninja right? So those with sky3ds cards don't need to worry about getting the retail cart ?

People tried this with OoT and it did not work, people are working on a fix but nothing solid ATM..... Thus cubic ninja won't work with sky3ds to launch the gateway exploit in the future, unless somone figuree it out. It won't be gateway because they don't want to help sell anymore sky3ds.

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
People tried this with OoT and it did not work, people are working on a fix but nothing solid ATM..... Thus cubic ninja won't work with sky3ds to launch the gateway exploit in the future, unless somone figuree it out. It won't be gateway because they don't want to help sell anymore sky3ds.

Thanx for the info. I thought Sky3DS with OoT rom would work since Sky emulates the original cart.

dustmite

Stays Frosty
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Thanx for the info. I thought Sky3DS with OoT rom would work since Sky emulates the original cart.

Seems you can not load the SAVE. the gamesave only works with the same header or whatever. So starting the game should
work, but loading the save doesnt so no GW menu.

Nooblit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been covered earlier in the thread but I'm wondering... is there any particular reason why we're not doing the browser on new3ds consoles?

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
I'm actually pretty staggered that so many people are complaining about needing Ocarina of Time. Why on earth don't you all have it already? It was a day one purchase for me and is one of the best games on the system and probably of all time!

Lol, this post x 1000000.

The original incarnation of OoT on the N64 is frequently regarded as the greatest game ever created by online gaming websites, magazines and critics alike.

The fact so many people don't actually own a 3D remake of this game absolutely astounds me. Either you were too young to be enjoying the amazing N64 console or you were one of those "sony psx guys"..... Pro tip, get yourselves educated in the field of perfection and play OoT right now.

illicit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since Oot copies are so expensive and not even guaranteed to work; if you don't already have one and really want homebrew/cia/region free support, would you be able to transfer that save to a sky3ds with the rom loaded?

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Hopefully somone can figure a solution because a sky3ds would be the best and safest financial option if the sky3ds can launch the OoT/cubic ninja gateway exploit. I'd rather pay 70$ then 80-150$ for a OoT cart that may or may not work with the gateway exploit, I have OoT but from my thread leads me to believe my copy won't work. When the scalper grab wind of this then all OoT copies are going to skyrocket in price, keep in mind it's out of print so the prices were high to begin with, this release would of made sense 2-3 months ago when copies were still everywhere, but now?

since Oot copies are so expensive and not even guaranteed to work; if you don't already have one and really want homebrew/cia/region free support, would you be able to transfer that save to a sky3ds with the rom loaded?

That's what we are talking about, read my last few posts. The short answer is no not right now.

s-arash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been covered earlier in the thread but I'm wondering... is there any particular reason why we're not doing the browser on new3ds consoles?

n3ds browser is different from og3ds , the vulnerability doesnt exists in n3ds browser

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The original incarnation of OoT on the N64 is frequently regarded as the greatest game ever created by online gaming websites, magazines and critics alike.

The fact so many people don't actually own a 3D remake of this game absolutely astounds me. Either you were too young to be enjoying the amazing N64 console or you were one of those "sony psx guys"..... Pro tip, get yourselves educated in the field of perfection and play OoT right now.

I don't feel a need to own one or even get a ROM, because playing OOT in a N64 emulator also has its benefits--for one thing, you can play at a higher resolution and it looks really good. You can also save states on an emulator, although I didn't have much need for that.

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is some really lame insight. Just because you believe it's the greatest game and everyone should own a copy doesn't mean that people share your opinion. Not to mention some people (like me) are newish to the 3DS (i've had one for almost a year).

The world is bigger and different then your little slice of it, you should try to stop thinking of yourself and think about others.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yawn