• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you believe Russia hacked the US election?

What do you think is really going on? Let's get a little political here.

I assume you've all heard of the recent Vermont power grid "hacking" story. A few days ago a Vermont utility company found a russian virus on some guy's computer and (part of) the press extrapolated the fact, turning it into a so-called proof of a Russian conspiracy to hack the US power grid... That title was a fucking clickbait, and I just knew it. But not just your average buzzshit clickbait, a serious fucking one this time. When you read the article it became clear: pure bullshit. No evidence whatsoever, all that happened is that they found a regular virus on a random guy's computer, which happens a million times a day everywhere in the world. A few hours later they retracted, a lot of other sites and agencies stated that there was no such thing as a power grid hack attempt. Those media outlets jumped to conclusions to serve their own agenda, it seems.

Now regarding the "hacking" of the US election. Several US government agencies are claiming it's real. Are we being lied to? Are the FBI and homeland security and others all following orders of a higher instance or do they have actual evidence?
So far, they haven't shared much with the general public. Last week they released a document, which I read, but if you read it too you will find that it's absolutely empty of evidence. All it states is "we found some IP addresses in the logs" and "we found a bit of code that was used before". That amounts to nothing at all.

So why do they keep going on about this?
Do you think these agencies have insights they cant share with the public? could they have informants within the russian goverment? that's one of the few things I can think of that they would never be able to reveal. Or maybe it is just more political bullshit... but what's the point? Trump will take office soon and all this Russia crap isn't working. Apparently Trump has something to say on the subject that he will reveal on tuesday or wednesday. I wonder what that may be.

d7e413a2ab0f4b30b7759b3064fd6b0b.jpg

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I don't come to GBAtemp to discuss politics and I wish this wasn't on the front page pretending to be 'news'.

Every now and then GBAtemp has some garbage 'news' posts and this is one of them.

Can we keep the politics nonsense away from the front page? Thank you.
nope :) if you aren't happy just dont read it. Or leave the site if you prefer.
because there will be more in the future.

Holy loaded responses, Batman! Why no choice for a simple 'yes' and 'no'?
because it's not as simple as black and white, of course... this is a vastly complicated subject that can't be reduced down to a binary response.
feel free to disclose your vote and express your opinion right here in this thread, that's what it's for :)

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think they'll say anything that can sound better, than believing the reality that people actually voted for Trump.
I think those are two different things that should be thought as they are, different things.
For the one side, Trump won, and I understand a lot of Americans are butthurt with this and don't want to accept reality.
But also, it happens to be another side, one that is harmful for their society, and it is that nothing is being taken seriously because people on the one side say BS like "no, that is not my president, bleh, can't listen to the assholes that voted him", and people on the other side say BS like "oh, those butthurt guys are just talking conspiracy because they are butthurt, don't take them seriously, bleh!".

In my eyes, that is plain stupidity on both sides, instead of being grown ups, accepting reality, moving on, and functioning like a fucking society again, listening to each other, working for the common good of yourselfs, solving problems, etc.
But well, that is not politics talk at all, it is just the point of view of an outsider, of how ridicule that behaviour looks from far away.

PS: How is it different? Trump won and that is not to be questioned. But in the other side, if Russia actually hacked it, and it has the power to vulnerate US security and influence future events as they want you should work together to make it not happen again, or you will be Russia's puppet, IMHO.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I voted for the latter, because I just don't know. I guess a way to potentially find out is to hack russian government servers and look for any evidence that point to an attack. Though this probably is not the smartest of ideas. :ninja:

Reactions: Subtle Demise

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Holy loaded responses, Batman! Why no choice for a simple 'yes' and 'no'?
Heh, yeah there's a simple one word response to the question, and that is 'no' from me. No further explanation necessary, 'no' sums it all up.... but I can't even vote that due to those choices up there! :lol:

A large proportion of the US population so blindly follows whatever they watch or read from their media that this is the only reason a question like this is allowed to exist... here in Blighty if the remain voters tried to use a statement like that, following Brexit, the general public would've laughed their tits off and replied 'dont be fukkin stupid' ;)

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope :) if you aren't happy just dont read it. Or leave the site if you prefer.
because there will be more in the future.

because it's not as simple as black and white, of course... this is a vastly complicated subject that can't be reduced down to a binary response.
feel free to disclose your vote and express your opinion right here in this thread, that's what it's for :)
I didn't ask for only 'yes' and 'no'. But all of the options for 'yes' and 'no' that you provided also come with baggage attached to them. 'yes', 'no', 'maybe', and 'I don't know' covers the entire spectrum of the grayscale. But these 'yes, and <insert specific assertion>' and 'no, and <insert specific assertion>' removes all of the ranges of 'yes' and 'no' that don't agree with the baggage you attached to them. As this is a thread for discussion, there's plenty of room for people to add their reasoning to their 'yes', 'no', or 'somewhere in the gray' poll responses.

D

Deleted User

Well the Russians would be aliens to the US, wouldn't they?

Definition of alien
  1. belonging or relating to another person, place, or thing : strange
  2. relating, belonging, or owing allegiance to another country or government : foreign
It was the Mexicans then.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, because FBi and CIA (Chinese Intelligence Agency) works for Rockefeller and Rotschild, and they are jews-americans, and always they simply and purely decide who are the next president every time.
The vote is merely a joke, a show for the masses, to make them think they still have a decision-making power, but people cant - or wont- accept this truth...

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WW3 FTW! All those high-end fighter planes have been just for show for a very long time already!!! /s
(PS: Who doesn't like to fuck stuff anyway?)

koim

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Honnestly ? A country where every vote is not equal has no right to complain about anyone "hijacking" their elections.
Fix your own mess first before taking it out on someone else.

Last edited by koim,
Reactions: Subtle Demise
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1