• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

US 2022 Mid term elections. 8th November 2022.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup sure. The "that's why your only able to use leftwing sources"
Is not an attack or an attempt at a dunk.
There's a difference between an attack and a dunk.
I guess I have to use baby words.
Biden did little inflation.
Big companies did big money grab while Biden did little inflation.
Companies do not control currencies. Please take an Econ101 course so you can at least be somewhat knowledgeable when you debate me.

Inflation in 2020 = 1.7%
Inflation in 2022 = 8.2%

So what happened in 2020 to cause inflation to jump so much? You gonna blame the war in Ukraine? No, because you are smarter than other leftists on here. You know inflation started before Russia went into Ukraine.

You blame companies for adjusting their prices to reflect the devaluing of the dollar. This happens every time inflation takes hold in an economy in every country. This is the reason why an ounce of gold has always bought you a very nice suit, whether it is 1905 or 2022. The value of goods is not changing, the value of the dollar is what is changing. This is why corporations can't cause inflation.
ah the Classics "do your own research"
.. without post any sources or links.... lol I have been posting actually sources and links but all you got is the "Chinese are implanting Microchips"
Where do you think microchips are made and devices are assembled? Anything concerning our elections should be designed and manufactured in the US. We should all be able to at least agree on that.

Reactions: CraddaPoosta

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do you think microchips are made and devices are assembled? Anything concerning our elections should be designed and manufactured in the US. We should all be able to at least agree on that.
yes it should be internal... and most are designed locally already
Dominion is based in Denver, CO

but chip manufacturing was another story as China/Twain was the only/ major chip manufacture for years and until Biden's Chips and Science Act kicks in, the Bill just passed in August but intel and AMD already committing Billions in US manufacturing to counter China but it will still take couple of years to really kick in

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
There's a difference between an attack and a dunk.

Companies do not control currencies. Please take an Econ101 course so you can at least be somewhat knowledgeable when you debate me.

Inflation in 2020 = 1.7%
Inflation in 2022 = 8.2%

So what happened in 2020 to cause inflation to jump so much? You gonna blame the war in Ukraine? No, because you are smarter than other leftists on here. You know inflation started before Russia went into Ukraine.

You blame companies for adjusting their prices to reflect the devaluing of the dollar. This happens every time inflation takes hold in an economy in every country. This is the reason why an ounce of gold has always bought you a very nice suit, whether it is 1905 or 2022. The value of goods is not changing, the value of the dollar is what is changing. This is why corporations can't cause inflation.

https://www.warren.senate.gov/newsr...er-to-raise-consumer-prices-and-boost-profits

next time, if your going to debate me, how about you actually goddamn listen instead of reactively responding just going "Your wrong"
Companies can still/and have price gouge. Instead of listening to me, and providing sources proving that companies are taking advantage of the increase in inflation.

In questions to members of the Council of Economic Advisers, Senator Warren called out the CEOs of Kroger, Tyson Foods, and Chipotle, just a few of many corporate executives who have been bragging about raising prices on their customers to boost their profits. For example, the CEO of Tyson Foods, one of the Big Four conglomerates that controls as much as 85% of the meat market, said the company has “restructured our pricing approach,” and are “asking (consumers) to pay for inflation.” However, Tyson’s most recent earnings report shows that it nearly doubled its profit margin over the year, achieving double-digit profit margins for only the fourth time in the last 30 years – suggesting that the company is doing more than simply offsetting the company’s cost increases.
video format version

• Haha
Reactions: TraderPatTX

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.warren.senate.gov/newsr...er-to-raise-consumer-prices-and-boost-profits

next time, if your going to debate me, how about you actually goddamn listen instead of re-actively just going "Your wrong"
Companies can still just price gouge. Instead of listening to me, and providing sources proving that companies are taking advantage of the increase in inflation.

video format version

So you've gone from sourcing from the lying media to sourcing from politicians. :rofl2: :rofl2::rofl2:

Deleted member 586536

Trophies
XP
So you've gone from sourcing from the lying media to sourcing from politicians.
In fucking congress, during literally the senate debating about what the plans are, in the committee for banking.

I guess citing things that are happening in our own government is now also fake news?

Again, your just stomping you foot and going "nuh uh"
And then refusing to listen at all.
This doesn't change that the economic advisors present straight up prove my point. Who you know, main job is to help the economy???????????

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes it should be internal... and most are designed locally already
Dominion is based in Denver, CO
It's not about who designs the chips. It's about who makes them.
but chip manufacturing was another story as China/Twain was the only/ major chip manufacture for years and until Biden's Chips and Science Act kicks in, the Bill just passed in August but intel and AMD already committing Billions in US manufacturing to counter China but it will still take couple of years to really kick in

Companies were already planning and setting aside billions to build plants in the US before the Chips and Science Act was even debated.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/23/int...-to-build-two-new-chip-plants-in-arizona.html
Post automatically merged:

In fucking congress, during literally the senate debating about what the plans are.

I guess citing things that are happening in our own government is now also fake news?

That's what I was told when I brought up Pfizer's sworn testimony in the EU. I don't make the rules, I just use them against other people.

I'm also not sure why you are cursing at me and why this is allowed. I'm not cursing at you.

Last edited by TraderPatTX,

Deleted member 586536

Trophies
XP
I'm also not sure why you are cursing at me
Saying "fucking government" is not cursing at you. If I said **** you. That would count. when I swear it's generally because I'm getting tired/frustrated. Sorry but not sorry, that my speech somehow offends you that you think that I'm somehow swearing at you.
That's what I was told when I brought up Pfizer's sworn testimony in the EU.
Like here for example. I'm tired of your crap. You got told several times you took very specific parts out of context. And also would then refuse to listen. And now your trying to use a garbage point that was proven wrong in a separate form. and now your trying to use a reductive conclusion of that point, and apply it where it doesn't belong, or lacking a case.

Since I'm done, I'm going to break down everything in order. Here's your argument

I don't care for corporations, but only governments can create inflation since inflation is caused by bad monetary policy. That's why you are only able to use leftwing sources to support your view.

I then point out that you were trying to pointlessly dunk (I use dunk and attack interchangeably) on me. And I point out that companies are price gouging. And tell you that Biden caused some inflation.
Are you always going to attack me at every chance you get?
Regardless, your right, but the problem is Biden only caused some of that inflation (which we're seeing as costs going up)
The problem is however is that it's not proportional. We know this since inflation should generally hit everyone just as hard equally. Except it hasn't. Companies jacked up the prices higher than actual inflation, intentionally get more money. We're seeing it through them making record breaking profits.
Pannda brings up that literally everyone is suffering inflation.
NO one else...
27480.jpeg

no one else.......
In which you dishonestly respond with.
Explain where in my comment that I said nobody else is experiencing inflation. Learn to read, cupcake. You'll get farther in life.
The reason this is dishonest, is being your pointing exactly at one person/party, and saying "yup they're causing ALL inflation"
we know because you believe that the conservative party is somehow going to fix it. Purely from previous arguments we have had with you. And you even make the same argument, a response later.
The Democrats have caused all inflation. Who do you think controls Congress?
In which I didn't originally want to bother to go into discussing as to why your wrong, because it's a large off tangent, but here we are.
So let's make that detour. Simply put Republicans break the economy, don't fix anything during their office. And then all the shitty economic polices they've made kicks into high gear by the next president, purely because of how much time it takes for the ball to completely roll off the cliff. This doesn't mean Democrats are saints. It just purely means that they have better economic policy, not always worker policy, or let alone protections for them.

Additionally "control" is the wrong term. Considering Manchin and Sienima (I don't care to spell their names correctly) doing effectively what Republicans want within the senate. Republicans from a power point pretty much control it. Sure if we just go by a D or R, sure, Democrats "control" the senate, but when it comes to practically they don't.

We finally get to my response
(comment about you trying to attack me/dunk)
I guess I have to use baby words.
Biden did little inflation.
Big companies did big money grab while Biden did little inflation.
in which you gave this stupid response.
Companies do not control currencies.
I say stupid for the following:
1. I could be mean and say "well technically banks are companies, so therefore they do control currencies"
But you'd probably get your nickers in a twist over it.
2. Companies can control pricing, and there's nothing limiting that price. Companies raise prices when inflation happens to offset costs. However, there's nothing stopping them at all, from raising said prices higher than actual inflation. And using that "mask" to hide behind the newly increased cost.

My entire argument this entire time, is
"Biden caused some inflation, companies took advantage of it, by increasing prices more than actual inflation"

And instead of listening at all. You deflect, deflect and deflect. and then decide to finally strawman me
Inflation in 2020 = 1.7%
Inflation in 2022 = 8.2%

I never at a single point said "Biden hasn't caused inflation" Every single time I've said "Biden has caused SOME inflation, HOWEVER (x point relating to corporations)"
and incase it's unclear as to why it's a strawman. I pointed out that companies "did big money grab, while Biden did little inflation"

Your response equates to
"CoMpanIEs dOn'T CoNtRoL INflAtIoN"
which is you trying to make it sound like I was arguing about companies causing inflation.
Then arguing back somewhat back to the original argument, except, ignoring the part where I point out that companies have been increasing prices higher than actual inflation. And by the way I doubt you'll read everything. secret word is reactive.
So at this point I ask myself "okay, he's clearly not going to listen to me. Let me go ahead and pull a source"

Since I heard that congress recently had advisors tell them that it's primarily companies jacking up prices. So I go look for that source.

next time, if your going to debate me, how about you actually goddamn listen instead of reactively responding just going "Your wrong"
Companies can still/and have price gouge. Instead of listening to me, and providing sources proving that companies are taking advantage of the increase in inflation.
I find it, but then think "they're probably not going to read the article" as you've demonstrated several times before you'll read the headline, and then just go "nah"

So I link a video version for your convince.

The result?
So you've gone from sourcing from the lying media to sourcing from politicians.
Which this statement is even more dishonest. prompting my frustration.
In fucking congress, during literally the senate debating about what the plans are, in the committee for banking.

Here's the reason your statement is dishonest. It's extremely reductive, reducing a government function to create policy as "sourcing from politicians"
If it was a politician who got to control "the show", then that argument would work. except the situation I provided isn't. What was there was during an official part of congress. Who's main goal is to assist with the economy, in which several economic advisors were present. All of this reduced to"sourcing from politician"
So here we are, there's your in look into my thinking and reasoning.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saying "fucking government" is not cursing at you. If I said **** you. That would count. when I swear it's generally because I'm getting tired/frustrated. Sorry but not sorry, that my speech somehow offends you that you think that I'm somehow swearing at you.
Unable to control emotions. Noted.
Like here for example. I'm tired of your crap. You got told several times you took very specific parts out of context. And also would then refuse to listen. And now your trying to use a garbage point that was proven wrong in a separate form. and now your trying to use a reductive conclusion of that point, and apply it where it doesn't belong, or lacking a case.
Still unable to control emotions. Noted.
Since I'm done, I'm going to break down everything in order. Here's your argument

I then point out that you were trying to pointlessly dunk (I use dunk and attack interchangeably) on me. And I point out that companies are price gouging. And tell you that Biden caused some inflation.
400% increase in inflation is not some inflation by any metric. The proper mathematical term would be most.
Pannda brings up that literally everyone is suffering inflation.

In which you dishonestly respond with.

The reason this is dishonest, is being your pointing exactly at one person/party, and saying "yup they're causing ALL inflation"
we know because you believe that the conservative party is somehow going to fix it. Purely from previous arguments we have had with you. And you even make the same argument, a response later.

In which I didn't originally want to bother to go into discussing as to why your wrong, because it's a large off tangent, but here we are.
So let's make that detour. Simply put Republicans break the economy, don't fix anything during their office. And then all the shitty economic polices they've made kicks into high gear by the next president, purely because of how much time it takes for the ball to completely roll off the cliff. This doesn't mean Democrats are saints. It just purely means that they have better economic policy, not always worker policy, or let alone protections for them.
Sure. That's why Democrats can't be in power for more than 2 years at a time since 1994.
Additionally "control" is the wrong term. Considering Manchin and Sienima (I don't care to spell their names correctly) doing effectively what Republicans want within the senate. Republicans from a power point pretty much control it. Sure if we just go by a D or R, sure, Democrats "control" the senate, but when it comes to practically they don't.
The Dems have Manchin and Sinema (not hard to Google a name if you aren't lazy), the reps have Romney, Graham, Sasse, Cornyn, McConnell, Murkowski and Collins.
We finally get to my response

in which you gave this stupid response.

I say stupid for the following:
1. I could be mean and say "well technically banks are companies, so therefore they do control currencies"
But you'd probably get your nickers in a twist over it.
Our first agreement. The Federal Reserve is a privately owned bank who do not answer to voters and do not pay taxes. They also do not prevent economic disasters like we were sold 100 years ago. Let's abolish it.
2. Companies can control pricing, and there's nothing limiting that price. Companies raise prices when inflation happens to offset costs. However, there's nothing stopping them at all, from raising said prices higher than actual inflation. And using that "mask" to hide behind the newly increased cost.
Companies can only raise prices to where people are willing to pay. It's called the market.
My entire argument this entire time, is
"Biden caused some inflation, companies took advantage of it, by increasing prices more than actual inflation"

And instead of listening at all. You deflect, deflect and deflect. and then decide to finally strawman me

I never at a single point said "Biden hasn't caused inflation" Every single time I've said "Biden has caused SOME inflation, HOWEVER (x point relating to corporations)"
and incase it's unclear as to why it's a strawman. I pointed out that companies "did big money grab, while Biden did little inflation"

Your response equates to
"CoMpanIEs dOn'T CoNtRoL INflAtIoN"
which is you trying to make it sound like I was arguing about companies causing inflation.
You haven't shown any proof that companies can cause inflation. This is literally the first time I've ever heard this argument. I even went back to news stories from the late 70's and early 80's and there is no mention of companies causing inflation because it's a stupid comment to make.
Then arguing back somewhat back to the original argument, except, ignoring the part where I point out that companies have been increasing prices higher than actual inflation. And by the way I doubt you'll read everything. secret word is reactive.
So at this point I ask myself "okay, he's clearly not going to listen to me. Let me go ahead and pull a source"

Since I heard that congress recently had advisors tell them that it's primarily companies jacking up prices. So I go look for that source.
Congressional advisors. :rofl2:
I find it, but then think "they're probably not going to read the article" as you've demonstrated several times before you'll read the headline, and then just go "nah"

So I link a video version for your convince.

The result?

Which this statement is even more dishonest. prompting my frustration.
Still with the emotional damage? Huh... not sure what to tell ya, buddy.
Here's the reason your statement is dishonest. It's extremely reductive, reducing a government function to create policy as "sourcing from politicians"
If it was a politician who got to control "the show", then that argument would work. except the situation I provided isn't. What was there was during an official part of congress. Who's main goal is to assist with the economy, in which several economic advisors were present. All of this reduced to"sourcing from politician"
So here we are, there's your in look into my thinking and reasoning.
So far the look into your thinking and reasoning is that you are a person who has trouble with their emotions and lashes out at people and your reasoning is based on corporate-nontax paying media conglomerates and/or congressional ""advisors"".

Yeah, I nailed it. Have a good evening, cupcake.

Reactions: CraddaPoosta

MariArch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least got that gridlock most likely, but as for trump. I’m fucking done with his antics. Literally attacked Desantis a couple days before the election and doesn’t like Kemp and and alas, Desantis and Kemp (and Abbott) and their respective states are the only places that blew out. Whilst all of trumps handpicked candidates shit the bed.

Millions of dollars in fundraising and he doesn’t donate jack shit to these other races. And attacks his own party when they don’t believe his schizophrenic Election shit from 2 years ago that no one gives a damn about.

While the common folk are worried about the economy and immigration and kitchen table issues, Trump is still bitching about his failed race.

It’s time for him to go. It’s Desantis, Kemp, Youngkin, and Abbott that actually care about non /pol/ voter fraud issues to take lead. White suburban women do not like this bullshit. It’s suicidal to continue down this path.

It’s Desantis or bust. No doubt in my mind. Taking Florida, a swing state that voted for Desantis by only 30k votes in the 2018 governor election to a Republican Stronghold with a 1.5M vote (~+20R) lead against Crist is the only way forward (+13 with Latino voters. For perspective, Biden won Latino voters in the state by +7 not 2 years ago). If you’re a Republican and prefer Trump over Desantis, you need to wake the fuck up before you fuck us once again.

When your stupid trump endorsed tv celebrity Mehmet Oz loses a race to someone with brain damage, or when your Trump endorsed candidate probably loses his race to a reverend that loves abortion, you know you’re terrible.

Back to the drawing boards folks. In the meantime, I’ll be stocking up on firearms, as any sensible person should be. Fuck you Trump apologists that are willing to toss us all off a cliff just so you can try to convince yourselves Trump won an election that he obviously didn’t.

Last edited by MariArch,
  • Haha
Reactions: Cylent1

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
At least got that gridlock most likely, but as for trump. I’m fucking done with his antics. Literally attacked Desantis a couple days before the election and doesn’t like Kemp and and alas, Desantis and Kemp (and Abbott) and their respective states are the only places that blew out. Whilst all of trumps handpicked candidates shit the bed.

Millions of dollars in fundraising and he doesn’t donate jack shit to these other races. And attacks his own party when they don’t believe his schizophrenic Election shit from 2 years ago that no one gives a damn about.

While the common folk are worried about the economy and immigration and kitchen table issues, Trump is still bitching about his failed race.

It’s time for him to go. It’s Desantis, Kemp, Youngkin, and Abbott that actually care about non /pol/ voter fraud issues to take lead. White suburban women do not like this bullshit. It’s suicidal to continue down this path.

It’s Desantis or bust. No doubt in my mind. Taking Florida, a swing state that voted for Desantis by only 30k votes in the 2018 governor election to a Republican Stronghold with a 1.5M vote (~+20R) lead against Crist is the only way forward (+13 with Latino voters. For perspective, Biden won Latino voters in the state by +7 not 2 years ago). If you’re a Republican and prefer Trump over Desantis, you need to wake the fuck up before you fuck us once again.
DeSantis is just a dollar store version of Trump though...you're always going to end up with a bunch of infighting if you're constantly running candidates with NPD. It's also not exactly surprising when Republicans win races in Florida and Texas, and unlikely that translates to success on a national level.

Deleted member 586536

Trophies
XP
@TraderPatTX
and I was correct that you wouldn't actually read.
And by the way I doubt you'll read everything. secret word is reactive.
So now that I know you don't actually read what I say, but instead skim, and look for talking points you can respond to, we're all good here. As if you did read everything I said, and actually understood every point, you would of noted that this part was a little strange, or said the keyword, or highlighted it. But you didn't. And went through the motions of going "nuh uh" as I expected you to do.

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Crime, inflation, runaway homelessness & drug addiction,
is what the people wanted and is what they get.

at least that clown Stacy abrams lost

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?