Sony allegedly hacked by Ransomed.vc group

1695657515555.png

A relatively new group of hackers known as Ransomed.vc, which seem to have started during September, 2023, has released a message claiming to have gained access to all of Sony's systems.

According to the released message by the hacking group, they breached Sony's security and have gained access to their data, with a couple of links to what seems to be the file tree of the breached files as evidence, which amounts to around 6000 files listed in the tree, as well as a sample of the data obtained by the group. No further information was detailed on what else they might have hacked or if the data itself is for website data only or if other areas have been affected.

Ransomed.vc's Message said:
RANSOMEDVC
We offer a secure solution for addressing data security vulnerabilities within companies. As penetration testers, we seek compensation for our professional services. Out operations are conducted in strict compliance with GDPR and Data Privacy Laws. In cases where payment is not received, we are obligated to report a Data Privacy Law violation to the GDPR agency!

News: SONY.com data and access for sale
NOTICE: Downtime has been resolved, very sorry! PS: We need affiliates :))

Join our affiiliate program​

SONY.COM / Post date: 28.9.2023
Revenue: $88,000,000,000 ($88b)

• Sony Group Corporation, formerly Tokyo Telecommunications Engineering Corporation, and Sony Corporation, is a Japanese multinational conglomerate corporation headquartered in Minato, Tokyo, Japan

We have successfully compromissed all of sony systems. We wont ransom them! we will sell the data. due to sony not wanting to pay, DATA IS FOR SALE
    -----
    R File tree: link
    Sample Of Data: link
    -----
    WE ARE SELLING IT

Contact us on tox asap!!!

The message itself has a future date of September 28th, 2023, which could very well be the deadline before Ransomed.vc releases or sells the data to he highest bidder, though there is no clear amount to pay for Sony if they want to cover the ransom. This would most likely be handled privately through Ransomed's Tox, Telegram or email.

Sony hasn't made any public mentions regarding a possible hack or breaches of security, but it remains to be seen if this is actually the case or not, as this is not the first time that Sony themselves have been hacked before. Some may remember the Sony hack from 2011, in which the hack costed Sony around $100 million, and they had to face something near to 55 action class lawsuits as user and player personal data was breached in this case.

:arrow: Source

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You guys just really hate Sony, don'cha? 🫠
I have every playstation generation and a bravia TV. Their wireless earbuds were kind of a scam, but in general I like their products and am probably apart of many "leaks". Security is valuable but if something is insecure I want to know how.

Reactions: HarveyHouston

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have every playstation generation and a bravia TV. Their wireless earbuds were kind of a scam, but in general I like their products and am probably apart of many "leaks". Security is valuable but if something is insecure I want to know how.
There’s not much that can compete with the AirPod Pro’s in the TWS market as far as noise cancelling and overall sound/mic quality is concerned, but Sony’s wireless cans are market-leading. That being said, if you’re looking for good sound, wireless buds or cans is not how you’re gonna get that.

*Insert DankPods chant - bring back the headphone jack*

As for the topic at hand, never pay ransoms. Just treat that data as a loss and spend the money you would’ve spent on the ransom to mitigate damage done and improve your security. Ransomware exists because people pay, it’s a self-perpetuating crime. That is, if any of this is true and any of this data is actually valuable. “Compromised all systems” seems boastful, especially when followed by a laundry list of items not included.

Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
There’s not much that can compete with the AirPod Pro’s in the TWS market as far as noise cancelling and overall sound/mic quality is concerned, but Sony’s wireless cans are market-leading. That being said, if you’re looking for good sound, wireless buds or cans is not how you’re gonna get that.

As for the topic at hand, never pay ransoms. Just treat that data as a loss and spend the money you would’ve spent on the ransom to mitigate damage done and improve your security. Ransomware exists because people pay, it’s a self-perpetuating crime. That is, if any of this is true and any of this data is actually valuable. “Compromised all systems” seems boastful, especially when followed by a laundry list of items not included.
I had a pair of xm4s and the linkbuds. The xm4s had great sound, and the linkbuds were a little canny sounding. Both of them started leaking battery as soon as the warranties expired. The xm4s leaky batteries were found to be a direct result of a firmware that Sony released, but they want me to pay the almost the full original purchase cost to "fix" them. The scam is that not only do they appear to conveniently self-destruct, but that they actively release firmware that destroys them. Like iphones, but a lot more obtuse/sudden.

Last edited by tabzer,
Reactions: Foxi4

trepp0

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Recently picked up some huh duh six hungoes, best decision of my life. The sound quality is unmatched by my AirPods Pro’s or sony wh-ch700n‘s (classic Sony naming)

• Love
Reactions: tabzer and Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Recently picked up some huh duh six hungoes, best decision of my life. The sound quality is unmatched by my AirPods Pro’s or sony wh-ch700n‘s (classic Sony naming)
Gasp! The huh-duh-six-hungees by old mate Senny? Them’s reference head-pohoneys! Very nice. :lol:

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Considering that Apple has a habit of choosing longevity regarding hardware, and that headphones are't really be obseleted by firmware, it might be the best combo for something as novel as earbuds. I still think I'll give it another year to see how it pans out, it's definitely on the radar now.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I had a pair of xm4s and the linkbuds. The xm4s had great sound, and the linkbuds were a little canny sounding. Both of them started leaking battery as soon as the warranties expired. The xm4s leaky batteries were found to be a direct result of a firmware that Sony released, but they want me to pay the almost the full original purchase cost to "fix" them. The scam is that not only do they appear to conveniently self-destruct, but that they actively release firmware that destroys them. Like iphones, but a lot more obtuse/sudden.
Can’t say I’ve ever had that experience with a Sony product, in my experience small pouch batteries just happen to suck. That being said, Sony has more divisions than most people have hair on their head, so it’s entirely possible some are more scummy than others. :lol:

Who’s gonna tell him :rofl:
iPod still has software support built-in to MacOS and iTunes, ask Microsoft what a Zune is. The iPhone 8 still supports the latest iOS, and it came out 6 years ago. It was competing with the Samsung S8, support for which was stopped at Android 9. We’re on 13 now. Yeah, Apple gives long-term support, some of the best in the business.

trepp0

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Can’t say I’ve ever had that experience with a Sony product, in my experience small pouch batteries just happen to suck. That being said, Sony has more divisions than most people have hair on their head, so it’s entirely possible some are more scummy than others. :lol:

iPod still has software support built-in to MacOS and iTunes, ask Microsoft what a Zune is. The iPhone 8 still supports the latest iOS, and it came out 6 years ago. It was competing with the Samsung S8, support for which was stopped at Android 9. We’re on 13 now. Yeah, Apple gives long-term support, some of the best in the business.
that’s true.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Who’s gonna tell him :rofl:
Lol please tell me. I know that Apple has had recalls, but they were actually recalls, which is an upgrade from my Sony earbuds experience.

The iPhone 8 still supports

That should be "support". The problem with the iphone and Mac long-term arrangement is that the "upgrades" are optimized for newer hardware and ends up burdening the older hardware, bogging it down with no capacity to revert changes. That's why iphones end up slowing to a crawl and using more battery than they did when they were new. At least with the earbuds, I don't see how that can happen unless they do what Sony does and ask for more battery than the hardware can support.

Can’t say I’ve ever had that experience with a Sony product, in my experience small pouch batteries just happen to suck.
Literally (unironic meaning) it has only happened to me regarding their earbuds. Maybe the tech is too new and they are rushing it.

Last edited by tabzer,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That should be "support". The problem with the iphone and Mac long-term arrangement is that the "upgrades" are optimized for newer hardware and ends up burdening the older hardware, bogging it down with no capacity to revert changes. That's why iphones end up slowing to a crawl and using more battery than they did when they were new. At least with the earbuds, I don't see how that can happen unless they do what Sony does and ask for more battery than the hardware can support.
You say that, but that applies to every generational product ever. I find the Xbox One S completely unusable, it has been way too slow in the dashboard for years, which strongly motivated me to upgrade to the One X and later the Series X. There’s only so much blame I can assign to developers, the hardware *is* old and it *will* develop issues down the line. The big controversy with iPhones started around the 6, if I recall correctly, because they were designed to redline the power delivery in order to achieve maximum performance. As the handsets got older, the CPU was set to throttle with battery degradation as it was no longer able to supply the same level of current (not to be confused with capacity) as it did in peak condition. Stupid people badgered Apple to add a slider that disables this feature, so Apple did just that, and instead of a phone that is noticeably slower but functional, they got to enjoy a phone that randomly shuts down because *of course it does*, it demands more current than the worn out battery could provide.
Literally (unironic meaning) it has only happened to me regarding their earbuds. Maybe the tech is too new and they are rushing it.
I’ve gone through two Lenovo sets (in both one of the earphones in the pair experienced catastrophic failure and just began whining or not connecting at all) and I’m currently using Razer Hammerheads. Great set that served me a long time, plus I got them for a third of the price on sale, but they’re on their way out. Not only is the glue failing so one of the speakers “wobbles” and split into two parts (but clamshells just fine inside the cup, so they sound fine), I’ve personally had two sets come out of the box with a bulging cell, split down the seam and all, and had them replaced. I’ve also seen many-a-AirPod with noise cancelling giving up the ghost and just hissing randomly, it’s a common fault. Ultimately buds are disposable, I don’t expect them to survive more than a year. Any buds that do are built exceptionally well.

Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You say that, but that applies to every generational product ever. I find the Xbox One S completely unusable

Yes, it is a trend and I dislike it, but the scope of a platform vs that of an accessory have a big difference regarding conflicting interest trying to dominate the respective systems. I don't use XBox, but I believe you. Even with the PS4, I noticed that the upgrades also degraded its OS performance. It is also true with android--even if a producer of an android limits OS upgrade support, you still have GApps and their updates demanding more processing power and obsoleting the hardware anyway.

I’ve gone through two Lenovo sets (in both one of the earphones in the pair experienced catastrophic failure and just began whining or not connecting at all) and I’m currently using Razer Hammerheads. Great set that served me a long time, plus I got them for a third of the price on sale, but they’re on their way out. Not only is the glue failing so one of the speakers “wobbles” and split into two parts (but clamshells just fine inside the cup, so they sound fine), I’ve personally had two sets come out of the box with a bulging cell, split down the seam and all, and had them replaced. I’ve also seen many-a-AirPod with noise cancelling giving up the ghost and just bidding randomly, it’s a common fault. Ultimately buds are disposable, I don’t expect them to survive more than a year. Any buds that do are built exceptionally well.

It's one of the situations where apple prioritizing quality in parts would be a boon. In none of those examples are the hardware being obsoleted by "greater support". Earbuds just need good sound and good parts, not to be a host to google chrome or apple safari. Sure, it can happen, but it the decrease of usefulness would happen a lot slower. I can see, right now, why the airpods would be the best choice.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

The HD 600's are fantastic for sure and absolutely worth your purchase. I prefer the ATH-R70x for their better bass response and quite noticeably wider soundstage.

Gasp! The huh-duh-six-hungees by old mate Senny? Them’s reference head-pohoneys! Very nice. :lol:

Nah, that would be something like the Sennheiser HD 800 S. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol